LITHIUM BEARD & MUSTACHE
TRIMMER • RECHARGEABLE
For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction booklet carefully before using.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
DANGER - Any appliance is electrically live, even when the switch is off.
To reduce the risk of death or injury by electric shock:
- Always unplug appliance from electrical outlet immediately after using (except when charging unit).
- Do not place or store appliance where it could fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not use appliance while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place appliance in, or drop into water or other liquids.
- If appliance has fallen into water, do not reach for it. Unplug immediately.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock, fire, or injury to persons:
- Never leave a plugged-in appliance unattended.
- This appliance should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only attachments recommended by the manufacturer. Do not use an extension cord to operate the appliance.
- Never operate the appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, is not working properly, has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a Conair Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the appliance cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not pull, twist or wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening on the appliance.
- Do not place the appliance on any surface while it is operating.
- Do not use the appliance with a damaged or broken comb or with teeth missing from the blades, as injury may result. Before each use, make certain the blades are aligned properly and oiled.
- Do not use the appliance outdoors or where aerosol (spray) products are being used or oxygen is being administered.
- THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Before using the Class 2 Power Supply, read these instructions carefully.
Use with adapter C12
Rated input voltage:
100-240V AC, 50/60Hz 0.2A Max
Rated output: 4.5V DC 1000mA
- For dry location use only. Do not expose to water.
- When not in use, unplug unit completely.
- Unit will become warm during operation.
- Dry location use only. Do not expose to liquids, vapor, or rain.
- Ensure jack is plugged into the trimmer unit before plugging the adapter into the outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance that has a damaged output cord or housing.
- Always unplug the unit before cleaning or when not in use.
- This power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor mount position.
- Be sure voltage is correct before plugging in.
For connection to a supply not in the U.S.A. use an attachment plug adapter of the proper configuration for power outlet.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modification to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
If your rechargeable trimmer does not seem to be taking a charge, take the following troubleshooting steps before returning it for repair:
- Be sure the electrical outlet is working by plugging in another appliance to test the outlet.
- Make sure the electrical plug is not connected to a switch that turns power off when lights are turned off.
- Before using the trimmer for the first time, charge continuously for 2 hours. Maximum battery capacity will be reached only after 3 charging and discharging cycles.
- Plug the adapter into any wall outlet (at the voltage listed on the label affixed to the adapter). Unplug adapter when not in use.
- The adapter may become warm while charging. This is normal.
- Preserving the batteries: In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries, the trimmer should be recharged for 2 hours approximately every 6 months.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
TAKING CARE OF YOUR TRIMMER
OILING THE BLADES (OIL INCLUDED)
About once a month you should oil the trimmer blades with the oil provided in your kit. It is best to do this over a piece of newspaper. Turn the trimmer on and hold it so that the blades are pointed downward. Spread one drop of oil across the blades, then turn the trimmer off and wipe away the excess oil with a soft cloth.
Be careful not to use too much oil and don’t oil your trimmer more than necessary, as this could damage the motor. (Never attempt to oil the motor bearing, as it is permanently lubricated.) Keep oil away from children.
Because the trimmer blades are precision-made for a very special use, they should always be handled with care and cleaned regularly to ensure maximum performance. Each time you finish using the trimmer, take the cleaning brush provided and brush away any loose hair that has collected in the blades. You can also remove the blade attachment and rinse under warm water only. Do NOT use hot water as this might cause damage. Use a clean cloth to dry the attachment, reattach and then store the trimmer to protect the blades until the next use.
DO NOT RINSE TRIMMER HANDLE OR ADAPTER
Be especially careful when changing or adjusting the blades. When you have your trimmer serviced, be sure that both blades are sharpened or replaced at the same time.
To promote the long life of the trimmer, use it only for the purpose intended by the manufacturer to trim your beard and mustache.
GROWING A BEARD AND MUSTACHE
There are three key factors that will determine which beard or mustache style is best for you:
- The shape and dimensions of your face.
- The natural growth of your beard/mustache.
- The thickness of your beard/mustache. If you are unsure about the type of beard or mustache that would most suit your face, speak with a professional hair stylist and ask for an opinion on what style would be best. Once your beard or mustache has been styled, it is essential that you maintain its appearance. To do this, use your trimmer to trim your beard/ mustache weekly.
For the best trimming results, your beard should be slightly damp (NOT WET) when using your trimmer. This will prevent the trimmer from removing more hair than desired.
TYPES OF BEARDS/MUSTACHES
OUTLINING YOUR BEARD
- It is always best to begin with a clean, slightly damp beard.
- After you have combed through your beard in the direction it grows naturally, you will want to outline the desired shape, beginning under your jawline.
- Begin defining your beard’s shape under your chin and work upward on each side of your face toward your ears. Then define the upper outline of your beard across your cheeks, past your sideburns, and toward your hairline.
TRIMMING YOUR BEARD
- The trimmer includes a 6-position comb for use with the hair trimming blade (4-18mm) which provides lengths of 4/25″ (shortest) to 7/10″ (longest).
- To use the 6-position comb, slide the unit over the trimmer blade and snap it down into position. At first, until you become familiar with the adjustments, use the longest trim setting. (You can always go back and make your beard a little shorter.)
- Begin trimming your beard using smooth, even strokes. Start with your sideburns and work downward toward your chin. (Never attempt to trim against the natural growth of your beard because the hair will be cut too short.)
4. If you decide you want a closer trim, you can now adjust the 6-position comb attachment to a shorter setting (such as 3/32″ or 5/32″) and go over your beard again until you achieve the desired length.
HOW TO GET THE STUBBLE LOOK
This trimmer includes 1 stubble comb that allows you to achieve close stubble or shadow looks. The stubble comb fits on the blade just like the jawline combs; note Blending the Jawline section for specifics on how comb/jawline combs attach.
BLENDING THE JAWLINE
- The two jawline comb attachments will help you to achieve a neat, finished trim under your chin. To use one of the attachment combs, press it down over the trimmer blades until it clicks into position.
- Hold the trimmer in an upright position and begin trimming under your jawline, using short, even strokes.
- After your beard is blended, turn off the trimmer and remove the attachment comb by gently pulling up on tab.
TRIMMING YOUR MUSTACHE
- For best results, start with a clean, slightly damp mustache.
- Comb through your mustache in the direction it grows.
- Place the 6-position comb over the facial hair blade and snap it into position. It is a good idea to start with the longest trim-setting adjustment. (You can always go back and cut your mustache more closely with a shorter setting.)
ALWAYS TRIM YOUR MUSTACHE FROM THE TOP DOWN
4. After your mustache has been trimmed to the desired length, remove the 6-position comb and, using the blades only, define the outline of the bottom of your mustache.
Your trimmer includes a shaving foil. When attached, it will allow you to shave close and around your facial hair to provide an extra-clean look. Just move the shaving head in up-and-down gentle strokes to remove any stray hairs. Be sure not to press too hard, as that could cause some skin irritation.
After each use clean the shaving head as follows:
- Make sure the trimmer is off.
- Remove the shaving head from the unit.
- Remove the foil head from the shaving head (press the two buttons on either side of the shaving head and pull the foil head away).
- Use the cleaning brush to gently remove any hairs from the cutter and shaving head.
Do not rinse or oil the foil head as it is permanently lubricated.
NOSE/EAR & DETAIL TRIMMER
For easy, safe grooming of long nose/ear hairs and fine lines and accurate detailing. Attach the nose/ ear & detail trimmer and hold unit to areas that need trimming.
- Switch the trimmer on.
- Gently move the blade through the area of hair you wish to trim.
- The trimmer will work most efficiently when cutting through hair at its own speed.
- Never turn the trimmer off while in the hair.
To operate, simply slide switch toward blade. To stop, slide away from blade.
CARE OF YOUR TRIMMER
REPLACEMENT (REMOVAL) OF BLADE SET
To remove the blade set from your trimmer, make sure the trimmer is in the OFF position. Remove the blade set by placing thumb against the smaller cutter and pushing forward, releasing the cutter assembly from the trimmer housing.
- Using a small Phillips head screwdriver, remove the screws at the back of the trimmer.
- Remove the bottom housing and cut the battery out. Bring the battery to the nearest collection center for proper disposal. DO NOT throw the battery into the normal municipal waste system.
CONTAINS LITHIUM ION BATTERY. MUST BE COLLECTED, RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.
DO NOT DISPOSE OF IN THE MUNICIPAL WASTE.
GMTL1 LITHIUM BEARD/MUSTACHE TRIMMER
Facial Hair Blade
Stubble Comb Shaving Foil 6-Position Comb Attachment
2 Jawline Combs Nose/Ear/Detail Trimmer
Cleaning Brush Lubricating Oil Adapter
LIMITED TWO-YEAR WARRANTY (U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 24 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed on back, together with your purchase receipt and $3.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 24 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 24-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Please register this product at: www.conair.com/registration
©2016 Conair Corporation
7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
TRIMMER REPLACEMENT PARTS & ACCESSORIES ORDER FORM
Pricing in effect through June 1, 2018. Orders postmarked after this date will be accepted, and the customer will be notified if pricing has changed.
|Trimmer Attachment Blade||BLD-161||$6.50|
|6-Position Comb Attachment||6POS-GMTL1||$2.25|
|2 Jawline Combs||2JAW-GMTL1||$5.50|
Enclose check or money order made payable to Conair. (We cannot accept cash, stamps or C.O.D. orders.) *CT, IL, AZ, and PA residents should add applicable state sales tax. Minimum order of $10.00 or a $2.00 handling charge will be added to order.
All prices include handling and return postage. Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are valid only for shipments within the continental United States. Please allow 46 weeks for delivery.
Mail to: Conair Corporation Service Department 150 Milford Road East Windsor, NJ 08520-9730
To avoid delays, please print clearly.
We must have a street address, as UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. box.
ADDRESS _____________________ APT. __________________
TELEPHONE ( )__________________________(We call only if we have a question about your order.)
For information on other Conair® haircut kit parts call: 1-800-3-CONAIR.
Documents / Resources
|CONAIR GMTL1 All-In-One Rechargeable Trimmer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
GMTL1, All-In-One Rechargeable Trimmer