For your safety and continued enjoyment of this product, always read the instruction book carefully before using.
All GI300 Models
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using your iron, especially when children are present, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER — Any appliance is electrically live even when the switch is off.
To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always unplug appliance immediately after use and before cleaning.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquids.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Use only in a dry area.
WARNING — To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
- This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- This appliance is not a toy and should not be used by children.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used near children or individuals with certain disabilities. Unsupervised use could result in fire or personal injury.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Conair.
- Always position iron carefully to prevent it from falling if ironing board is accidentally moved or cord is pulled. Always rest the appliance upright on its heel rest, on a stable surface, when not in use.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Do not attempt to repair the appliance. Incorrect reassembly or repair could cause a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when the appliance is used. Return the appliance to an authorized service center for examination and repair.
- Do not allow cord to contact heated surfaces. Do not pull or twist cord. Let appliance cool completely before emptying or putting away. Wrap the cord loosely around the iron when storing.
- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- We recommend you do not use an extension cord to operate this appliance. If an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a 15 ampere rated cord should be used. Cords rated for less amperage may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that the cord cannot be pulled or tripped over.
- Surfaces of this appliance are hot when in use. Do not let heated surfaces touch eyes or skin.
- Do not place the soleplate directly on any surface or on the appliance power cord while it is hot or plugged in.
- Unplug this appliance and allow to cool before filling or emptying the water reservoir and when the appliance is not in use.
- Do not operate steamer without properly filling the water tank with water.
- The iron should always be turned off before plugging in or unplugging from an outlet. Never yank cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
- Burns could occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water, or steam. Use caution when turning a steam iron upside down to empty water, as there may be hot water in the reservoir.
- If you need to clean the iron, unplug and allow to cool. Use a slightly damp cloth and wipe down the outside of the iron. DO NOT use cleaning agents or place the iron in water or cleaning fluids.
- Do not hold hand in front of steam.
- To reduce likelihood of circuit overload, do not operate another high-wattage appliance on the same circuit.
- Never steam or iron clothes you, or someone else, are wearing.
- When emitting steam, this appliance may cause burns if it is used too close to the skin or eyes, or if it is used incorrectly. To reduce the risk of contact with hot water emitting from the steam vents, test appliance before use by holding it away from the body.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
DO NOT let children or untrained persons use the appliance without supervision.
NEVER immerse the iron, cable or plug in any liquids.
DO NOT leave the hot iron touching fabrics or very inflammable surfaces.
DO NOT leave the appliance unnecessarily plugged in. Disconnect the plug from the outlet when the appliance is not being used.
NEVER touch the appliance with wet or damp hands.
DO NOT use the power cord or the appliance in order to pull the plug out of the socket.
DO NOT leave the appliance exposed to the weather (rain, sun, etc.).
DO NOT leave the iron without supervision when it is connected to the power supply.
DO NOT fill the reservoir with water before removing the plug from the socket.
Do not use chemical additives, scented substances or decalcifiers. Failure to comply with the above-mentioned regulations leads to the loss of warranty.
PREPARING FOR FIRST USE
Before first use, remove all labels from the soleplate and housing. Turn the iron on, allow to heat up, then turn the iron off.
Sort the laundry to be ironed according to the international symbols on the garment label, or if this is missing, according to the type of fabric.
1. The tank can be filled with ordinary tap water.
Distilled or demineralized water is preferred.
|GARMENT LABEL||FABRIC TYPE||THERMOSTAT REGULATION|
|Fabric not to be ironed|
a. Using a clean measuring cup, slowly fill the tank until the water reaches the Max indicator.
DO NOT OVERFILL.
b. Wipe off any water that may have spilled on the outside of the iron with a soft clean cloth.
2. Set the iron on a stable, flat surface. We recommend using a quality ironing board as the pressing surface. Be sure to give yourself enough room to maneuver the iron when pressing.
3. Plug the iron into a receptacle. Make sure that no other high-wattage appliances are plugged into the same circuit.
4. Once the iron heats up, it is ready to use.
5. After use, turn iron off, unplug, and let the iron cool for 10 minutes before putting it away.
When using the iron for the first time, you may notice a slight emission of smoke and hear some sounds made by the expanding plastics. This is quite normal and it stops after a short time. We also recommend passing the iron over an ordinary cloth before using it for the first time.
A special resin filter inside the water reservoir softens the water and prevents scale buildup on the plate. The resin filter is permanent and does not need replacing.
DO NOT use chemical additives, scented substances or decalcifiers. Failure to comply with this regulation leads to the loss of warranty.
With the Anti-Drip System, you can perfectly iron even the most delicate fabrics.
Always iron these fabrics at low temperatures. The plate may cool down to the point where no more steam comes out, but rather drops of boiling water that can leave marks or stains. In these cases, the Anti-Drip System automatically activates to prevent vaporization, so that you can iron the most delicate fabrics without risk of spoiling or staining them.
To iron without steam, leave the steam selector on position “0”.
Make sure that there is water in the reservoir. Press the spray button slowly (for a dense spray) or quickly (for a vaporized spray).
WARNING: For delicate fabrics, we recommend moistening the fabric beforehand using the spray function, or putting a damp cloth between the iron and the fabric.
To avoid staining, do not use the spray on silk or synthetic fabrics.
Please Note: Before cleaning the iron in any way, make sure that the appliance plug is not connected to the outlet.
Any deposits or starch residue left on the plate can be removed using a damp cloth or a nonabrasive liquid detergent after it has cooled.
Avoid scratching the plate with steel wool or metallic objects.
The plastic parts can be cleaned with a damp cloth, then wiped over with a dry cloth.
The self-cleaning feature cleans inside the plate, removing impurities. We recommend using it every 10-15 days. Directions:
- ill the reservoir up to the maximum level indicated and set the steam selector to “OFF”.
- et the thermostat knob to the maximum temperature and wait for the light to turn off.
- Pull the plug out of the socket and hold the iron horizontally over the sink.
- old the self-clean button setting until all the boiling water, steam, and impurities come out.
- hen the soleplate has cooled down, you may clean it with a damp cloth.
HOW TO STORE
- isconnect the plug of the iron from the socket.
- eave the iron to cool down completely.
- mpty the water reservoir by turning the iron upside down over a sink and gently shaking it.
- Always put the iron away in a vertical position.
GET TO KNOW YOUR EXTREME STEAMTM 1875 WATT IRON
- 1875 watts
- Water tank
- Temperature control dial
- Self-clean button
- Maximum filling level
- Nano Titanium soleplate
- Nozzle spray
- Reservoir door
- Steam dial
- Steam burst button
- Water spray button
- Temperature ready light
LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
(U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Conair will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 12 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed on back that is nearest you, together with your purchase receipt and $12.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-3-CONAIR for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 12 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 12-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Conair Corporation Conair Corporation
Service Department Service Department
150 Milford Road 7475 N. Glen Harbor Blvd.
East Windsor, NJ 08520 Glendale, AZ 85307
For information on any Conair product, call 1-800-3-CONAIR or visit us on the web at www.conair.com
Please register this product at www.conair.com/registration
©2018 Conair Corporation
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Glendale, AZ 85307
Made in China
Documents / Resources
|CONAIR GI300 Extreme Pro Steam Iron [pdf] Instruction Manual|
GI300, Extreme Pro Steam Iron