IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
DANGER – Any hair dryer is electrically live even when the switch is off. To reduce the risk of death or injury by electric shock:
- ALWAYS UNPLUG IT IMMEDIATELY AFTER USING.
- Do not use while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquids.
- If an appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
WARNING– To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
- This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- This appliance should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a Conair Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Do not pull, twist, or wrap line cord around dryer, even during storage.
- Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop or insert any object intoany opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate whereaerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord to operate dryer.
- Do not direct hot air toward eyes or other heat-sensitive areas.
- Attachments may be hot during use. Allow them to cool before handling.
- Do not place appliance on any surface while it is operating.
- While using the appliance, keep your hair out of it. Keep your hair away from the air inlets.
- Do not use with a voltage converter.
- This appliance is not a toy. Keep away fromchildren.
This appliance is intended for household use.
Use on Alternating Current (60 hertz) only.
Standard dryers are designed to operate at 110 to 125 volts AC.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
IMPORTANT 1600 WATT OPERATING GUIDE
Use of this dryer on the same circuit or fuse with other electrical products or appliances may trip a 15 amp circuit breaker or blow a 15 amp fuse. NEVER replace the fuse with one rated higher than the capacity of the circuit. Doing so could result in an electrical fire.
CHECK ALCI SAFETY FEATURE EVERY TIME YOU USE APPLIANCE
This appliance is equipped with an Appliance
Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ALCI), a safety feature that renders it inoperable under some abnormal conditions, such as immersion in water. To make sure the ALCI is functioning properly, perform the following test. The purpose of this test is to allow you to make sure the water sensing system (ALCI) is working.
- Plug in the appliance and press test button on plug.
- The appliance will stop working. There will be an audible click and reset button will pop out. This indicates the ALCI is functioning properly.
- To reset ALCI, unit should be unplugged. Then push reset button in and reinsert plug into outlet.
- If ALCI is not functioning properly, return appliance to nearest service center.
- It is important that if immersion occurs, this unit be brought to a service center. Do not try to reset.
- Be sure to repeat test every time you use the unit to confirm ALCI is operational.
Should the appliance go off and the reset button pop up during use, this could indicate a malfunction in the unit. Remove plug from outlet and allow the appliance to cool. Reinsert plug into outlet. The appliance should then function normally. If not, return to an authorized Conair Service Center for evaluation and repair.
SUPER STYLING GUIDE
Your best looks begin with a good haircut that’s well maintained. Always treat hair right with superior quality shampoos, conditioners, and finishing products.
- Shampoo and condition hair with products of your choice. Rinse thoroughly. Towel-dry hair to remove excess moisture. Using the dryer along with your styling brush, start at a lower setting and direct hot air through a section of hair at a time. Move dryer steadily across each section so that the hot air passes through hair. Direct airflow at hair, not scalp. Clouds of negatively charged ions will help to reduce static electricity, control frizzy fly aways and contribute to your hair’s shine.
- Keep dryer’s air intake vents unobstructed and free from hair while drying.
- To avoid over-drying, do not concentrate heat on any one section for an extended length of time. Keep dryer moving as you style. For pinpoint airflow, use the snap-on concentrator attachment.
- For quick touch-ups between shampoos, dampen hair with a mist of water before styling with the dryer.
- When using your dryer to create curls and waves, dry hair almost completely on a warmer temperature setting, then finish styling with cold shot feature to quickly close hair shaft and lock in style.
BODY & VOLUME
To create extra volume, turn head upside down while drying. Position the airflow toward the roots for maximum lift. When hair is dry, toss head back and brush hair into place.
Work with hair in sections when creating a super-straight look. Using a large round brush (approximately 2″ diameter), hold hair taut in each section and bend ends slightly under as you dry.
Tousled, natural-looking waves are easily created by grasping hair at the roots and scrunching between fingertips while drying.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR DRYER
The InfinitiPRO by Conair® Mini Pro Plus AC Styler is very effective, even at lower temperatures, and helps create healthier-looking, shiny, more manageable hair with maximum styling control.
POWERFUL AC MOTOR delivers fast airflow for styling ease and provides up to 3x longer life.*
THE IONIZING FUNCTION generates a cloud of negative ions that can:
- help reduce frizz by up to 75%**
- neutralize the generally positive charge on flyaway, frizzy hair
- eliminate static electricity
- contribute to shine
*When compared to other DC motor hair dryer models.
**When compared to hair dryers with natural ion generation.