Commercial CHEF CHK17M3SS Cordless Stainless Steel Kettle
DANGER – Immediate hazards which WILL result in severe personal injury or death
WARNING – Hazards or unsafe practices which COULD result in severe personal injury or death
CAUTION – Hazards or unsafe practices which COULD result in minor personal injury
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
- For additional protection, we recommend using a power outlet with a rated current of 15A. To avoid circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
- Do not fill kettle when positioned on base, Dry the water on the bottom of the body before placing it onto the power base.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when in use.
- Electric kettle must be operated on a flat surface.
- Do not touch hot surfaces; use handles or knobs. Be aware of steam being emitted from spout or lid especially during refilling. Do not remove lid during boiling cycle.
- Do not use the kettle to heat anything other than water. Do not fill above the “Max” indication line. Do not operate kettle if water is below minimum.
- Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of the table or touch hot surfaces. Always store excess portion of the power cord in the compartment of the base unit.
- Do not immerse any part of the appliance in water or other liquid.
- Do not use your appliance with an extension cord.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
- Always remove plug from outlet when not in use.
- o not use a base unit other than the one supplied. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may result in fire, electrical shock or personal injury.
- Do not insert any object into slots or holes of the kettle.
- This appliance is for household use only.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- WARNING: Do not remove the lid while the water is boiling.
- CAUTION: Insure that the appliance is switched off before removing it from its stand.
- CAUTION: Be careful and avoid water spillage on the base.
- CAUTION: Incorrect use of appliance may cause serious burns.
- Do not try to access kettle’s container or heating element. Surface is subject to residual heat after use.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risks resulting
- The extension cord shall be of the grounded type.
- To disconnect, turn any control to “off”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
- Scalding and burning hazards may occur if the lid is opened during the brewing cycles.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning appliance.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended appliance manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
Do not dispose of electrical appliances as unsorted municipal waste, use separate collection facilities. Contact your local government for information regarding the collection systems available. If electrical appliances are disposed of in landfills or dumps, hazardous substances can leak into the groundwater and get into the food chain, damaging your health and well-being. When replacing old appliances with new once, the retailer is legally obligated to take back your old appliance for disposal at least for free of charge.
SET UP & USE
PARTS & FEATURES
STARTING YOUR APPLIANCE
For first time use or after long periods between uses, it is recommended to fill kettle using fresh tap water up to the maximum fill line, then boil and empty the kettle at least 2 times to clear kettle of any tiny particles. Do not drink such water.
- Pull the lid lock on the lid backward and open it.
- Remove the kettle from the base. Fill the kettle with desired amount of water (no less than the minimum and no more than the maximum.) Put back the lid; place the kettle back on the base unit.
- Connect the plug into a power outlet (120V AC), switch the kettle on by pressing the switch. The light will illuminate to indicate the kettle is heating.
- The kettle will automatically switch off once the water has boiled and the indicator light turns off.
- Lift the kettle from the base and pour out the water into the container.
- Model No. CHK17M3SS
- Rated voltage 120V~60Hz
- Rated power 1500W
- Capacity 1.7L
- Dimension 8.5”x5.9”x9.4”
- Weight 1.08kg
BEFORE FIRST USE
- When unpacking your unit, make sure that you carefully remove all of the packaging materials.
- Before using the appliance for the first time, be sure that it is placed horizontally at least 10cm away from all sides of the wall, curtains, etc.
- Use an individual socket with more than 15A capacity. Never use a universal socket or share a socket with other appliances.
- The appliance must be placed on a flat, firm and dry surface. Never move the appliance when it is in process.
- When using the appliance you can hear a noise due to high frequency electromagnetic wave. This is normal and not dangerous.
CARE AND CLEANING
This appliance requires little maintenance and contains no serviceable parts. Do not attempt to repair yourself but rather contact the customer service department mentioned in this manual for assistance. To prolong the kettle’s life, please clean the mineral deposits in the kettle regularly. Always unplug from the plug socket and allow to cool down before cleaning. Do not use chemical, steel wool, or abrasive cleaners to clean the outside of the kettle, as these will scratch the surface and fade the outside color.
- Fill the kettle with 2 cups of white vinegar and the remainder with water and allow to stand for over 1 hour.
- Empty the solution from the kettle. Wipe off the remaining dirt and deposits with damp cloth.
- Fill the kettle with clean water, bring to boil and then discard the water. Repeat and the kettle will be ready to use;
- If necessary, repeat the operations above several times;
- Do not immerse into water. The surface of the kettle may be wiped over with a damp cloth and polished with a soft dry cloth.
- Grasp the top of the scale filter and pull upwards to remove. Wash with clean water and dry thoroughly before replacing in the kettle.
- Always unplug the Stainless Steel Kettle before storage.
- Always make sure the Stainless Steel Kettle is cool and dry before storing.
TROUBLESHOOTING & WARRANTY
BEFORE YOU CALL FOR SERVICE
IF THE APPLIANCE FAILS TO OPERATE:
- Check to make sure that the appliance is plugged in securely. If it is not, remove the plug from the outlet, wait 10 seconds and plug it in again securely.
- Check for a blown circuit fuse or a tripped main circuit breaker. If these seem to be operating properly, test the outlet with another appliance.
IF NONE OF THE ABOVE SOLVES THE PROBLEM, CONTACT A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN. DO NOT TRY TO ADJUST OR REPAIR THE APPLIANCE YOURSELF.
IMPORTANT DO NOT RETURN THIS APPLIANCE TO THE STORE If you have a problem with this appliance, please contact the W Appliance Co. Customer Satisfaction Center at 1-855-855-0294. DATED PROOF OF PURCHASE, MODEL # AND DATE CODE REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY SERVICE
Commercial Chef brand is used under license. Any repair, replacement, or warranty service, and all questions about this appliance should be directed to W Appliance Co. at 1 (855) 855-0294 from the USA or Puerto Rico. W Appliance Co. warrants to the original purchaser that the appliance will be free from defects in material, parts and workmanship for the period designated for this appliance. The warranty commences the day the appliance is purchased and covers up to a period of 1 year (12 months) for labor/1 year (12 months) for parts (manufacturing defects only). W Appliance Co. agrees that it will, at its option, replace the defective appliance with either a new or remanufactured appliance equivalent to your original purchase during the warranty period. Exclusions: This warranty does not apply to the below:
- If the appearance or exterior of the appliance has been damaged or defaced, altered or modified in design or construction.
- If the appliance original serial number has been altered or removed or cannot be readily determined.
- If there is damage due to power line surge, user damage to the AC power cord or connection to improper voltage source.
- If damage is due to general misuse, accidents or acts of God.
- If repair attempts are done by unauthorized service agents, use of parts other than genuine parts or parts obtained from persons other than authorized service companies.
- On units that have been transferred from the original owner.
- On appliances that have been purchased as refurbished, like new, second-hand, in a “As-Is” or “Final Sale” terms.
- To appliances used in a commercial or rental setting.
- To appliances used in settings other than ordinary household use or used other than in accordance with the provided instructions.
- To damages for service calls for improper installations.
- To glass parts and other accessory items that are included with the unit.
- Transportation and shipping costs associated with the replacement of the unit.
- Food loss for loss due to appliance failure or delay in service, repair or replacement.
- Service calls to instruct you how to use your slow cooker.
- Service calls to repair or replace the house fuse, reset the circuit breaker or correct the wiring in the house.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CUSTOMER; W Appliance Co. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS Appliance, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS Appliance IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long the warranty lasts. In these cases the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Obtaining Service: To obtain service, appliance literature, supplies or accessories please call 1 (855) 855-0294 to create a ticket for exchange/repair. Please make sure to provide the date of purchase, model number and a brief description of the problem. Our customer service representative will contact you or send detailed return instructions.
W Appliance Co. does not warrant that the appliance will work properly in all environmental conditions, and makes no warranty and representation, either implied or expressed, with respect to the quality, performance, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose other than the purpose identified within this user’s manual. W Appliance Co. has made every effort to ensure that this user’s manual is accurate and disclaims liability for any inaccuracies or omissions that may have occurred. Information in this user’s manual is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment on the part of W Appliance Co.. W Appliance Co. reserves the right to make improvements to this user’s manual and/or to the appliances described in this user’s manual at any time without notice. If you find information in this manual that is incorrect, misleading, or incomplete, please contact us at 1- 855-855-0294. W Appliance Co., 1356 Broadway New York, NY 10018
Documents / Resources