ClimateSAFETM Electric Heater and Fan for Animal Enclosures CRPH300
Thank you for choosing the ClimateSAFE™ Electric Heater and Fan manufactured by ClimateRight®. The intended use of this product is a wall-mounted heater and fan to provide dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens and other small pet and farm animals some warmth and air circulation for their small enclosed spaces.
This owner’s manual will provide you with valuable information necessary for the proper care and maintenance of your new product.
WARNING: Operating this equipment can expose you to lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65warnings.ca.gov.
WARNING: Risk of Electric Shock. DO NOT operate in or near water. This may cause serious injury to you and/or the animal. DO NOT let the cord be suspended in water.
Read the Owner’s Manual before installing or operating the Pet Heater. Use only as described in this manual.
GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- DO NOT use in areas where gasoline, paint, explosive and/or flammable liquids are used or stored. Keep unit away from heated surfaces and open flames.
- This heater may become very warm in certain parts. To avoid any burns, DO NOT let bare skin touch hot surfaces.
- Properly mount this unit on a wall near the roof, or upper section of the enclosure, well above the animal.
- Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, paper, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear. DO NOT place towels or other objects on the heater.
- The unit should be operated only by adults or with adult supervision.
- DO NOT operate the heater with a damaged cord, after the heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. DO NOT attempt to alter or repair the heater.
- The heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, or similar indoor locations. NEVER locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- DO NOT touch the control panel or plug with a wet hand.
- Never use worn or damaged extension cords. Damaged or overloaded extension cords could overheat, arc, and burn resulting in death or serious injury.
- DO NOT run the power cord under carpeting. DO NOT cover the power cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Route the power cord away from traffic area where it will not be tripped over.
- DO NOT insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, DO NOT block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. DO NOT use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- Plug the heater directly into a 120V GFCI wall outlet/receptacle. If using an extension cord, it must outdoor rated and 3-prong grounded, with a minimum of 18 gauge wire.
- To disconnect the heater, turn controls to OFF, then remove the plug from the outlet. Pull firmly on the plug, DO NOT unplug by pulling on the cord.
- Always unplug the unit before moving or cleaning, or whenever the heater is not in use.
- DO NOT use outdoors in the open. The unit is meant to be used inside an enclosed, wind and water-reistant structure.
* The overheat sensor will automatically shut off the heating element if it exceeds the high heat threshold temperature.
- Pet Heater
- Installation template
- (4) Self-tapping wood screw, 4x30mm
- Owner’s Manual
- Measuring tape
- 1 1/8 in. wood drill bit
- Screw driver
- If present, remove pet from pet house.
Note: The pet heater must be mounted on a side wall. DO NOT mount on the floor or ceiling.
- Place the template so that the power cord drill hole mark is a minimum of 11 in. from the ceiling and 7 in. from either wall. Tape the template in place.
- Using a 1 1/8 in. wood drill bit, drill a hole at the template drill hole mark and through the wall of the enclosure.
- Start the included self-tapping screws in the wall at the marked locations on the template, remove, then remove the template from the wall.
Note: Depending on the enclosure wall material, you may need to drill pilot holes for the screws.
- Route the pet heater power cord through the cord hole.
- While holding the heater in place, secure it with the self-tapping screws.
- Plug the Pet Heater into a GFCI outlet.
Note: If using an extension cord, it must outdoor rated and 3-prong grounded, with a minimum of 18 gauge wire.
Open the cover to access the controls. Push the power switch to turn the unit ON.
HEAT CONTROL KNOB
When the heat control knob is in the OFF position, only the fan operates and the green FAN LED is illuminated.
When in the LOW, MED, or HIGH position, both the fan and the heater operate and the red HEATER LED is illuminated.
Turn the heat control knob to the desired temperature. When the set temperature range is reached, the thermostat will automatically maintain the temperature by cycling the heater on and off.
Note: The actual temperature range for each heat position will fluctuate with the ambient air temperature and the insulation value of the enclosure. An insulated enclosure with a door is recommended.
ClimateRight® warrants to the original retail purchaser that the product will be free from defects in material, parts and workmanship for the period designated for this product.
The warranty commences the day the product is purchased and covers up to a period of 1 year (12 months) for labor/1 year (12 months) for parts (manufacturing defects only). ClimateRight® agrees that it will, at its option, replace the defective product with either a new or re-manufactured unit equivalent to your original purchase during the warranty period.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CUSTOMER; CLIMATERIGHT® SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY.
This warranty is void if the defect is due to accidental damage, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper repair or alteration by unauthorized persons, or a failure to follow operating instructions provided with the product. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or commercial use. In no event shall liability exceed the purchase price paid by the purchaser of the product. Under no circumstances shall there be liability for any loss – direct, indirect or incidental – or consequential damage arising out of, or in connection with the use of this product.
This warranty is valid only in the 48 contiguous states plus the District of Columbia and excludes Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the United States of America.
Any instructions or warranty included in this manual may be subject to change without notice. For the most up-to-date instructions and warranty information, please contact us or visit our website.
To receive warranty instructions, contact ClimateRight® to determine if only a replacement part is needed or if the unit needs to be returned for inspection and repair. Proof of retail purchase must be provided when making a warranty claim. Customer is responsible for return shipping charges. ClimateRight® agrees that it will, at its option, replace the defective product with either a new or re-manufactured unit equivalent to your original purchase during the warranty period.
777 Manor Park Drive
Columbus, OH 43228
Toll Free: 1 (800) 725-4628