5902 Multiverse Node Hanging Basket
Multiverse Node Hanging Basket
475 Barell Ave., Carlstadt, NJ 07072
Voice: 800-230-9497, 201-549-1160
Multiverse® Node (5902) Quick Start Guide
SETUP AND OPERATION:
*Note: This power supply connector is not compatible with SHoW Baby.
A Multiverse® Node 900MHz/2.4GHz is a wireless DMX transceiver (this product is licensed for use in North America only). It can be set up as a transmitter in a single-universe system broadcasting to one or more other Multiverse Nodes, or it can be set up as a receiver in a system with a Multiverse Transmitter.
Setting Up a Multiverse Node to Multiverse Node(s) System
- Install the Multiverse Node you will use as a transmitter in a convenient location where you can reach it with the DMX cable from your console or controller. For best results, locate the unit as high in the air as possible to enable it to be clear of obstructions. Consider where you will put your Multiverse Node receivers and place the Multiverse Node transmitter where its antenna will be within line of sight with the receivers, if possible.
- Install the provided omnidirectional antenna and point it straight up in the air.
- Connect the provided 12V DC Power Supply to the unit, and connect to mains power. Your Multiverse Node will wake up as a receiver, but when you plug in a female DMX line from your lighting controller, the Multiverse Node will automatically configure itself as a transmitter, and when it senses DMX from your lighting controller, the TX symbol on the user interface will stop blinking.
- Select a SHoW ID for your transmitter or just use the default SHoW ID (see the full Multiverse manual for more information on SHoW IDs). Leave the universe number set at “1”. The universe number must match on both transmitter and receivers.
You will need at least one Multiverse Node to use as a receiver.
- Install the Multiverse Node you will use for a receiver in a convenient location where you can reach it with a DMX cable to the device (or devices) it will be providing DMX for. As with the Multiverse Node transmitter, locate the unit higher in the air for best results, and try to place your Multiverse Node receiver where its antenna will be within line of sight with the transmitter.
- Install the provided antenna and point it straight up in the air.
- Connect the provided 12V DC Power Supply to the unit, and connect to mains power. The Multiverse Node automatically will be configured as a receiver and the Rx LED will light and be blinking, signifying that the Multiverse Node is not yet receiving DMX.
- Select a SHoW ID by matching the SHoW ID of the transmitting Multiverse Node you wish to receive DMX data. Leave the universe number set at “1”. Transmitter and receiver SHoW IDs must match for them to communicate. When you are successfully in communication with your transmitter and receiving DMX, the RX light will stop blinking and the signal quality bars will light.
- Connect a DMX cable from the Multiverse Node DMX OUT to the first DMX device you want to provide DMX to. You can then continue to add devices to up to a total of 32 DMX devices in the chain. Like any other DMX system, be sure the last connected device in the chain is properly terminated.
- If you intend to use RDM downstream of the receiving Multiverse Nodes, tap the Menu button and set RDM Traffic to “On”.
You can set up any number of additional Multiverse Nodes as receivers in the same way.
Receiver Setup with a Multiverse Transmitter
In a multiple universe system utilizing a Multiverse Transmitter or Multiverse Gateway as a transmitter, once you have selected the universes that you want to broadcast from the incoming Ethernet data, assigned SHoW IDs to your two radios, and have assigned universes to those SHoW IDs, you will need to set each Multiverse Node to match the same universe number and SHoW ID that it will be receiving from the transmitter.
Show ID, SHoW Key, and the universe must match between transmitter and receivers!
Documents / Resources
|CITY THEATRICAL 5902 Multiverse Node Hanging Basket [pdf] User Guide|
5902, Multiverse Node Hanging Basket, 5902 Multiverse Node Hanging Basket, Node Hanging Basket, Hanging Basket, Basket