Breville URN6 6L Hot Water Urn Instructions
BREVILLE RECOMMENDS SAFETY FIRST
At Breville we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition, we ask that you exercise a degree of care and adhere to the following precautions.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE AND SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- Remove and safely discard any packaging material and promotional labels before using the urn for the first time.
- To eliminate a choking hazard for young children, remove and safely discard the protective cover fitted to the power plug of this urn.
- This urn has been designed specifically for the purpose of boiling drinking quality water only. Under no circumstances should this product be used to boil any other liquids or foodstuffs.
- Do not place the urn near the edge of a bench or table during operation. Ensure that the surface is level, clean and free of water and other substances.
- Do not operate the urn on a sink drain board.
- Do not place the urn on or near a hot gas burner, electric element or where it could touch a heated oven.
- Keep the urn clear of walls, curtains and other heat or steam sensitive materials. Minimum 20cm distance.
- Always ensure the urn is properly assembled before use. Follow the instructions provided in this booklet.
- Do not move the urn while it is in operation.
- Do not operate the urn on an inclined surface.
- Do not leave the urn unattended when in use.
- The urn is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system.
- Do not operate the urn without water in the vessel.
- Do not place the urn under any object, such as in a cupboard, when the urn is in use, as the escaped steam may cause damage to the overhead objects due to heating or water condensation.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use the carry handles for lifting and carrying the urn.
- Do not place anything on top of the lid.
- Always switch the urn to `STAND BY’, switch off at the power outlet and then remove the plug from the power outlet before attempting to move the urn, when the urn is not in use and before cleaning or storing.
- Use caution when dispensing water from the urn, as boiling water and steam will scald. Do not pour the water too quickly.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the urn, power cord or power plug in water or allow moisture to come in contact with these parts.
- Do not open the lid during operation.
- Do not overfill the urn past the maximum water level mark. If the urn is overfilled, boiling water may be ejected.
- Position the lid so that the steam holes are located to the rear side of the urn.
- Steam may escape from steam holes on top of the urn. Exercise caution at all time.
- Keep the urn clean. Follow the cleaning instructions provided in this book.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
- Fully unwind the power cord before use.
- Connect only to a 230V or 240V power outlet.
- The appliance must be used on a properly grounded outlet. If it is not sure, please consult a qualified electrician.
- Do not, under any circumstances, modify the power plug or use a power plug adapter.
- Do not place this appliance on or near a heat source, such as hot plate, oven or heaters.
- Position the appliance at a minimum distance of 20cm away from walls, curtains and other heat or steam sensitive materials and provide adequate space above and on all sides for air circulation.
- Do not let the power cord
- Always turn the appliance hang over the edge of to the OFF position, switch a bench or table, touch off at the power outlet and hot surfaces or become unplug at the power outlet knotted. when the appliance is not
- his appliance is for in use. household use only. Do
- Before cleaning, always not use this appliance turn the appliance to the for anything other than OFF position, switch off at its intended use. Do not the power outlet, unplug use in moving vehicles or at the power outlet and boats. Do not use outdoors. remove the power cord, Misuse may cause injury. if detachable, from the
- The appliance is not appliance and allow all intended for use by persons parts to cool. (including children) with
- To protect against electric reduced physical, sensory shock, do not immerse or mental capabilities, the power cord, power or lack of experience plug or appliance in water and knowledge, unless or any other liquid or they have been given allow moisture to come supervision or instruction in contact with the parts, concerning use of the unless it is recommended appliance by a person in the cleaning responsible for their safety. instructions.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Any maintenance other than cleaning should be performed at an authorized Breville Service Centre.
- It is recommended to regularly inspect the appliance. To avoid a hazard, do not use the appliance if power cord, power plug or appliance becomes damaged in any way. Return the entire appliance to the nearest authorized Breville Service Centre for examination and/or repair.
- The installation of a residual current device (safety switch) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances.
- It is advisable that a safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA be installed in the electrical circuit supplying the appliance. See a qualified electrician for professional advice.
- During electrical storms, the appliance should be disconnected from the power source at the wall socket to prevent any electrical surges that may arise during the storm and which may inadvertently cause damage to the appliance and its electronic componentry.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- A. 6 liter capacity
- B. Stainless steel body
- C. 1800 watt concealed element
- D. Non-drip tap with 2 way pouring action
- E. External water gauge
- F. Variable heat control
- G. Locking lid with ergonomic handles
- H. Automatic boil dry cut-out protects against overheating
- I. Power `on’ and `heating’ lights
- J. Extra-long cord with cord storage
- K. Drip tray
- L. Steam holes (on top of lid)
USING YOUR BREVILLE URN
BEFORE FIRST USE
It is recommended that before the first use, the Urn is filled to the maximum level, boiled and the water discarded.
- Fully unwind power cord from base.
- Place the Urn on a dry level surface and position the drip tray at the front of the Urn (tilt the Urn back slightly and slide the drip tray under to secure in place).
- To fill with water, turn the locking lid anti-clockwise and remove. Use a smaller container to fill the Urn between the minimum and maximum marks. Too little water will result in the Urn switching off before the water has boiled.
Do not fill above the maximum fill line on the external water gauge as boiling water may splash out from the Urn.
- After filling the Urn, ensure that the lid is replaced and locked into position.
- Plug the power cord into a 230/240V power outlet and switch the outlet on. The red power ‘on’ light will illuminate.
- Turn the variable heat control to setting 5 (maximum) for fast boiling. The heating light will remain on. When the unit has boiled, select the desired setting between 1 (Minimum) to 4 to maintain temperature (Breville recommends setting 2 or 3 for tea or coffee). The heating light will cycle on and off maintaining the temperature selected.
- To pour hot water, place a cup in the drip tray and push the non-drip tap down. For continuous pouring, lift the tap in the vertical position.
The lid should always be fitted and locked into position when in use.
Use caution when pouring water from your Urn, as boiling water will scald.
Do not pour the water too quickly.
Do not open the lid when in operation as steam may escape from the top.
Steam may escape from the steam holes on top of the Urn. Exercise caution at all times.
Always empty the Urn before moving to a new position.
Never carry the Urn when in operation.
Always use the handles to carry the Urn.
SAFETY BOIL DRY PROTECTION
The Urn is fitted with a safety device which protects against overheating should the Urn be operated with insufficient water or has boiled dry. If this occurs, the Urn will stop heating. Both the red and orange lights will turn off.
Switch off at the power outlet and allow the Urn to cool down completely. The safety device will then automatically reset and the Urn is now ready for use.
Care, Cleaning & Storage
CARE AND CLEANING
Always switch the Urn to Stand By, switch the power off at the power outlet and then remove the plug before cleaning. Never immerse the Urn controls or cord in water, or allow moisture to come in contact with these parts.
REMOVAL OF MINERAL DEPOSITS
Mineral deposits in tap water may cause the Urn interior to discolor. This may be removed by using a commercial kettle descale which is available from most leading supermarkets, departments and hardware stores.
TO CLEAN THE POLISHED EXTERIOR
The stainless steel surface may be wiped over with a damp cloth and polished with a soft dry cloth.
Do not use chemical, steel wool, or abrasive cleaners to clean the outside of the Urn.
Breville Customer Service Centre
Phone: 1300 139 798
New Zealand Customers
Phone: 0800 273 845
Breville, the Breville logo and Master Every Moment
are trademarks of Breville Pty. Ltd. A.B.N. 98 000 092 928.
Copyright Breville Pty. Ltd. 2020.
Due to continued product improvement, the products illustrated/photographed
in this brochure may vary slightly from the actual product.
URN6, 6L Hot Water Urn