3810070 120W Mobile Solar Panel
Visit our website via the following QR Code or web link to find further information on this product or the available translations of these instructions.
GENERAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- The device is intended for charging or operating mobile devices.
- The device is intended for private use only.
- Suitable for use in dry, sunny outdoor areas.
Danger of bodily injury!
- This device contains current-generating electronic parts (solar modules) as well as current-carrying parts. Never leave children unattended when handling the device! Only use the device as described in the manual. Otherwise, you run the DANGER of an ELECTRIC SHOCK.
- Do not hit or pierce the solar modules. Damaged solar modules can release toxic and corrosive chemicals. Do not touch damaged solar panel. In the event of contact, wash appropriate parts of the body thoroughly with clean water and contact a doctor if necessary.
- Keep packaging materials (plastic bags, rubber bands, etc.) away from children! There is a DANGER OF CHOKING!
- Never operate solar panel near extreme heat sources such as fire or similar. Do not short-circuit or throw into fire! This can cause explosions!
Danger of environmental damage!
- Do not hit or pierce the solar modules. This can release chemicals that can cause environmental damage.
Material damage due to improper handling!
- Do not disassemble the device! In the event of a defect, please contact the after sales support number listed below.
- Do not subject the device to excessive vibrations.
EC DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
A “Declaration of conformity” in accordance with the applicable directives and corresponding standards has been prepared by Bresser GmbH. The full text of the EC declaration of conformity is available at the following Internet address: Modell 120W: www.bresser.de/download/3810070/CE/3810070_CE.pdf
UKCA DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
A “Declaration of conformity” in accordance with the applicable directives and corresponding standards has been prepared by Bresser UK Ltd. The full text of the UKCA declaration of conformity is available at the following Internet address: Model 120W: www.bresser.de/download/3810070/UKCA/3810070_UKCA.pdf
SCOPE OF DELIVERY (Fig. 1)
A. Panel bag with solar modules and connection panel
B. 3 pcs. DC adapter plug
C. 4 pcs. snap hook (karabiner)
D. DC connection cable
E. Instruction manual
PARTS OVERVIEW (Fig. 2)
- Panel bag
- Compartment with connections
- Solar modules
CONNECTION PANEL (Fig. 3)
- DC (direct current)
- Function indicator
- USB Type-C
- USB-A (orange) QC 3.0 (quick charge)
SITE SELECTION AND ASSEMBLY
A steady supply of sunlight to the solar modules is absolutely essential for consistent power generation and thus for charging or operating a connected device. An interruption due to shadowing or similar can lead to an interruption in power generation.
- Open the panel bag (Fig. 2, 1) and unfold it so that the solar modules (Fig. 2, 3) point upwards.
- Select a location for the solar panels where they will receive direct and continuous sunlight.
Through the eyelets (Fig. 2, 4), the panel bag can be secured with snap hooks (Fig. 1, C) must be fixed in a suitable place if necessary.
- The solar panel is ready for use.
Before connecting an end device (smartphone, tablet, powerbank, etc.) to the solar panel, make sure that it is suitable for connection. For more information, please refer to the ser manual of the corresponding terminal device. The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for damage resulting from improper handling and/or the use of unsuitable connections.
Protect the terminal device connected to the solar panel from direct sunlight to avoid damage. Place it, for example, under the solar panel or in a separate bag, preferably in the shade.
As soon as a terminal device is connected and supplied with power by the solar panel, the function light is illuminated.
USB-A (orange) Quick Charge 3.0 (QC 3.0)
- Connect a compatible USB cable 1 to the USB-A port (orange) (Fig. 3, 8).
- Insert the plug on the USB cable into the socket provided on the desired end device. The device is automatically powered or charged (fast charge).
- Connect a suitable USB cable 1 to the USB-C port (Fig. 3, 7).
- Insert the plug on the USB cable into the socket provided on the desired end device. The device is automatically powered or charged.
DC direct current
The models have an integrated DC connection cable (Fig. 1, D).
- Connect a suitable DC adapter plug (Fig. 1, B) to the plug of the DC connection cable (Fig. 1, A).
- Insert the DC adapter plug into the designated connection socket on the desired end device. The device is automatically powered or charged.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, remove the solar panel from the sun and allow it to cool in the shade for a few minutes!
- Only wipe the solar modules with a dry, soft and lint-free cloth (not a microfiber cloth) to remove dust or dirt.
- Do not use hard or sharp-edged tools or cleaning fluids to avoid damage to the solar modules.
- Protect the device from dust and moisture! Fold up the solar panel after use and store it at room temperature in a dry, dust-free place.
Dispose of the packaging materials properly, according to their type, such as paper or cardboard. Contact your local waste-disposal service or environmental authority for information on the proper disposal.
Your device is packaged to protect it from damage in transit. Packaging is made of materials that can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner and recycled roperly.
Separation note on packaging:
Do not dispose of electronic devices in the household garbage!
The adjacent symbol of a crossed-out dustbin means that the device is subject to Directive 2012/19/EU. Old devices must not be disposed of in normal household waste. In accordance with Directive 2012/19/EU, the device must be disposed of in an orderly manner at the end of its service life. In the process, recyclable materials contained in the device are recycled and the burden on the environment is avoided. Hand in the old device at a collection point for electrical waste or at a recycling centre. Contact your local waste disposal company or your municipal administration for more information.
The regular warranty period is 2 years and begins on the day of purchase. For complete warranty terms and services, please visit www.bresser.de/warranty_terms.
In case of warranty/damage, please always contact our customer service first (preferably by e-mail).
Here our competent employees are at your disposal. In many cases, small problems can already be solved in this way. However, if in individual cases a repair or replacement of the device is necessarythe customer service will arrange for an appropriate return.
e-mail: [email protected]
Service hotline*: +44 1342 837 098
* Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Call number in the British fixed network, charges for calls depend on the tariff of your telecommunication provider, calls from abroad may be more expensive
|Item no./model||3810070 (120W)|
|Peak power Voltage (Vmp(V))||18V|
|Peak power current (Imp(A))||6.6A|
|Open circuit voltage (Voc(v))||21.6V|
|Short circuit current (Isc(A))||7.33A|
|Panel type||Monocrystalline PET solar module|
|Material||Polyester spray proof fabric|
|Output||USB-A port (orange)
QC3.0: 5V/3.4A, 9V/2.5A,12V/2A Max
|Output||USB Type-C port 5V3A/9V2A/12V1.5A Max|
|Dimensions unfolded||I 660x520x25 mm|
|Dimensions folded||520x370x50 mm|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) & SOLUTIONS
- What can be charged/operated with the solar panel?
• End devices with USB or DC connection such as smartphones, tablets, GPS trackers as well as portable power banks or power stations. The basic prerequisite is the suitability for the connection to a solar panel with the corresponding power.
- Is the solar panel waterproof?
• The solar panel is splash-proof.
• Never immerse the solar panel into water and do not leave it outdoors in extremely damp or wet and cold weather – especially not in frost, snow and rain or similar!
- If my terminal requires a current of 1A, can it be damaged by the applied current of 2A of the solar panel?
• No. The solar panel has an intelligent charging technology that detects the needs of your end device and delivers only the required current. For example, if your smartphone requires 1A, only 1A will be delivered.
- What can I do if my terminal is not charging from the solar panel?
• Consult the user manual of your terminal device to find out whether the applied current voltage is supported or sufficient. 5V (USB) or 12V~18V (DC).
• A cloudy sky and indirect sunlight can affect the flow of current, which in turn interrupts the charging process. Place the solar panel in direct sunlight or wait for a cloudless sky.
• Clean the solar modules. Be sure to follow the instructions under “Cleaning and Maintenance” to avoid damage.
• Keep fire, water and chemicals away from the solar panel.
- Does the solar panel work under partly cloudy skies or in partial shade?
Yes, but this affects the efficiency and duration of the charging process.
- Can the solar panel be used to charge a powerbank?
Yes. When charging the powerbank, make sure it is protected from direct sunlight to avoid damage.
46414 Rhede · Germany
© 2021 Bresser GmbH, 46414 Rhede, Germany.
Errors and changes reserved.
Documents / Resources
|BRESSER 3810070 120W Mobile Solar Panel [pdf] Instruction Manual|
3810070, 120W Mobile Solar Panel