BOSCH TWK3A034GB Cordless Electric Kettle
Please read and follow the operating instructions carefully and keep them for later reference. Enclose these instructions when you give this appliance to someone else. This appliance is intended for domestic use only.
W Danger of electric shock!
Only use the appliance indoors at room temperature and up to 2000 m above sea level. The appliance may only be connected to a power supply with alternating current via a correctly installed socket with earthing. Ensure that the protective conductor system of the domestic supply has been correctly installed.
Connect and operate the appliance only according to the type plate specifications. To avoid potential hazards, repairs such as replacing a damaged cable must only be carried out by our customer service personnel.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and if they understand the hazards involved. Keep children under 8 years of age away from the appliance and connecting cable and do not allow them to use the appliance. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 years and supervised.
Avoid spillage on the connector. Never immerse the appliance, base or mains cable in water.
Use the kettle only with the included base.
Use only if power cord and appliance show no signs of damage. Should a fault occur, pull the plug or disconnect from the mains immediately.
- Risk of fire! Do not place the base or kettle on or near hot surfaces, e.g. hobs. Avoid spatters of grease as the plastic may be damaged.
- Risk of scalding! The appliance heats up during use. Make sure you only pick it up by the handle and do not open the lid until the appliance has cooled down. Only use the appliance when the lid is engaged. If the appliance is filled above the “max” marking, there could be a risk from splashes of boiling water.
- Risk of burns! After the use the heating element surfaces can be subjected to residual heat.
- WARNING: Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Risk of suffocation! Do not allow children to play with packaging material.
- Risk of injury! A misuse of the appliance can potentially lead to injury.
- Caution! Cleaning surfaces which come into contact with foodstuffs! Please note the special information on cleaning in the instructions.
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Bosch appliance. You can find further information about our products on our website.
Parts and operating controls
- Kettle (with water level indicator)
- Lid with lock
- O / I ON/OFF switch, illuminated
- Limescale filter (removable)
- Cable tidy
Important: Use the kettle only with its included base.
- Only fill the kettle with water. Milk and instant beverages will burn and damage the appliance. Never operate the kettle without water and do not overfill it; observe the min and max markings. If the kettle is too full, the water will boil over!
Before using for the first time
- Remove any stickers or film.
- Unroll the right amount of cable from the cable tidy and plug it in.
- Fill the kettle with water. Bring the water to a boil and discard it. Repeat the procedure. This will make sure that the kettle is clean for normal use.
- When the water comes to a boil for the first time, add a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Remove the lid and fill the kettle with fresh water through the opening or spout.
- Read the quantity on the water level indicator. Do not fill with less than 0.25 litres or more than 1.7 litres of water!
- Put on the lid at the , mark and twist to ; to lock it in place.
- Press down the O / I ON/OFF switch ; the switch lights up. The water is heated.
- The kettle switches off automatically once the water has boiled.
The appliance can also be switched off at any time by pulling up the O / I ON/OFF switch.
Warning: If you remove the kettle from the base and replace it before the heating process is over, the kettle will not continue to heat the water.
N.B.: Only operate the kettle with the lid closed and the limescale filter inserted, otherwise the kettle will not switch off. For physical reasons, the base may collect some condensation water. This is normal; it does not mean that the kettle leaks. After boiling, let the kettle cool down for 5 minutes before refilling it with water. Do not turn on the appliance if the kettle is empty, otherwise the overheat control will engage and the appliance will switch itself off automatically.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Risk of electric shock! Never immerse the device in water or place it in the dishwasher! Do not steam-clean the appliance.
- Before cleaning, unplug the appliance from the power outlet.
- Clean the outside of the kettle and base with a damp cloth. Do not use strong or abrasive cleaning agents.
- Remove the limescale filter, soak it in a little vinegar, then rinse clean with clear water.
- Rinse the kettle and the limescale filter with clear water.
Descaling Regular descaling
- makes your kettle last longer;
- ensures proper function;
- saves energy.
- Descale the kettle with vinegar or a commercial descaling agent.
- Fill the kettle with water up to the 1.7 mark and bring to a boil. Next, add a small amount of white vinegar and let it sit for several hours. You can also use a commercial descaling product and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rinse the kettle and the limescale filter with clear water.
Warning: Never use hard objects to remove limescale residue as this will damage the seal.
Tip: If you use the kettle daily, descale more frequently.
The appliance does not heat and the O / I ON/OFF switch does not light up.
- The overheat control has tripped.
- Let the kettle cool down for some time so that the appliance can be switched on again.
- The unit turns off before the water comes to a boil.
- The kettle contains too much scale.
- Descale the kettle as per the instructions.
- Electrical connection: 220-240 V~ 50/60 Hz
- Output : 265 mm
- Appliance width : 230 mm
- Appliance depth: 152 mm
- Water capacity : 1.7
Dispose of packaging in an environ-mentally-friendly manner. This appliance is labelled in accordance with European Directive 2012/19/EU concerning used electrical and electronic appliances (waste electrical and electronic equipment – WEEE). The guideline determines the frame-work for the return and recycling
of used appliances as applicable throughout the EU. Please ask your specialist retailer about current disposal facilities.
The guarantee conditions for this appliance are as defined by our representative in the country in which it is sold. Details regarding these conditions can be obtained from the dealer from whom the appliance was purchased. The bill of sale or receipt must be produced when making any claim under the terms of this guarantee.
Documents / Resources
|BOSCH TWK3A034GB Cordless Electric Kettle [pdf] Instruction Manual|
TWK3A034GB, Cordless Electric Kettle, TWK3A034GB Cordless Electric Kettle, Electric Kettle, Kettle