BORMANN BSG1800 Spray Gun Under Container
- Air Consumption 4 – 8 CFM
- Working Pressure 3,5 bar (50 PSI)
- Nozzle 1,8 mm
- Flowing rate 160 – 240 ml/min
- Tank 1000 ml
The manufacturer reserves the right to make minor changes to product design and technical specifications without prior notice unless these changes significantly affect the performance and safety of the products. The parts described / illustrated in the pages of the manual that you hold in your hands may also concern other models of the manufacturer’s product line with similar features and may not be included in the product you just acquired. Please note that our equipment has not been designed for use in commercial, trade or industrial applications. Our warranty will be voided if the machine is used in commercial, trade or industrial businesses or for equivalent purposes. To ensure the safety and reliability of the product and the warranty validity, all repair, inspection, repair or replacement work, including maintenance and special adjustments, must only be carried out by technicians of the authorized service department of the manufacturer. Always use the product with the supplied equipment. Operation of the product with non-provided equipment may cause malfunctions or even serious injury or death. The manufacturer and the importer shall not be liable for injuries and damages resulting from the use of non-conforming equipment.
- Please read the instructions!
- Respect and take into account all safety signs!
- Do not smoke!
- Wear an activated charcoal respirator and protective eyewear.
- Wear protection gloves!
- Do not point the device at people and/or animals.
- Keep children away from the device!
- Dispose of the packaging and the device in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Familiarize yourself with the functions of the airbrush gun before the first start-up and learn about the correct handling of airbrush guns. Read the following operating instructions. Keep these operating instructions
The compressed-air unit is designed exclusively for the application/spraying of solvent-based paints and water-soluble paints, glazes, undercoats, varnishes, car body paints, stains, wood treatment products, plant protection products, oils and disinfectants. The device is not suitable for the treatment of dispersion and latex paints, alkaline solutions, coating materials containing acids, granular or solid spray materials as well as materials with formulas that prevent dripping and spraying. Any other use or modification of the device is considered improper and may cause serious hazards. We do not accept any liability for damage resulting from improper use. This device is intended for private use only.
Read all safety instructions and directions. Failure to follow the safety instructions and directions can result in serious injury and/or property damage.
Keep all safety instructions and instructions for future reference!
- COUNTER-INDICATIONS! High working pressures can lead to backlash which, under certain circumstances, can cause permanent load hazards.
- RISK OF ASPHYXIATION! Risk of asphyxiation when working with nitrogen! Therefore, only work in well-ventilated rooms!
- RISK OF INJURY! Never exceed the maximum permissible working pressure of 3 bar. Use a pressure reducer to adjust the working pressure.
- RISK OF INJURY! ABUSIVE USE! Do not point the device at people and/or animals.
- RISK OF EXPLOSION / FIRE – NO SMOKING! Do not light any sparks or open flames.
- RISK OF INJURY! Never use oxygen or other flammable gases as a power source.
- RISK OF INJURY! First disconnect the hose from the compressed air source and only then remove the supply hose from the unit. This will prevent the hose from swirling around uncontrollably or making a sudden backward movement.
- Use appropriate protection devices for personal protection. Wear an activated charcoal respirator and protective eyewear.
Keep children and bystanders away from the unit while in use. You may lose control of the unit if you are distracted. Remove the unit from the compressed air supply before any repair or maintenance work, when interrupting work and before transporting the unit. When disconnecting the hose from the coupling, hold the hose firmly to prevent injury from the hose being pulled back quickly. When disconnecting the hose from the coupling, hold the hose firmly to avoid injury caused by rapid hose retraction.
Beware of damage.
Check the device for damage before putting it into operation. If the device shows any defects, do not put it into operation under any circumstances. Do not bend the hose of the device. The hose will otherwise be damaged. Always pay attention, watch what you are doing and always work sensibly. Never use a device if you are tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. Do not remove the nameplates, these components of the device are essential for safety. If you have no experience with this device, take a training course to learn how to handle it safely.
Original accessories/additional devices
Use only the accessories and additional equipment specified in the operating instructions. The use of accessories other than those recommended in the operating instructions may result in a risk of injury to you Safety Instructions for Precision Spray Systems Keep work area clean, well lit and free of containers of paints or solvents, rags and other flammable materials and substances. Possible risk of spontaneous combustion. Keep fire extinguishers in working order at all times. Ensure good ventilation in the application area and sufficient fresh air supply throughout the room. Flammable solvents that evaporate create an explosive environment.
- Do not apply or clean with products or materials with a flash point below 21°C. Use water-based, low-volatility hydrocarbon, or comparable products, materialsor materials. Volatile solvents evaporate and create an explosive environment.
- Do not apply in the area of ignition sources such as static sparks, open flames, ignition flames, hot objects, engines, cigarettes and sparks from connecting and disconnecting electrical cables or from the use of switches. Such sources of sparks can cause the surrounding area to ignite.
- Do not apply products that you do not know are hazardous. Unknown products can create hazardous conditions. Wear additional personal protective equipment such as protective gloves and a corresponding mask or respirator when applying or handling chemicals. Wearing protective equipment appropriate for the conditions reduces exposure to hazardous substances.
- Do not apply product to yourself, other people or animals. Keep your hands or other body parts away from the spray. If the spray gets on your skin, seek medical attention immediately. The spray can penetrate the skin even through a glove and enter your body.
- Do not treat a spray penetration as a simple cut. A high pressure spray can inject toxic substances into the body and cause serious injury. If injected, seek medical attention immediately.
- Be aware of the various risks and hazards that can be caused by the spray. Observe the markings on the containers or the manufacturer’s information on the spray product, including the requirement to use personal protective equipment. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to reduce the risk of fire, as well as the risk of injury from toxins, carcinogens, etc.
- Never spray material without the nozzle head attached. Use of a special nozzle element with a fitted nozzle head reduces the likelihood of toxins being injected into the body by the high-pressure spray passing through the skin.
Connection of the device
The product may only be operated with clean, condensation-free and oil-free compressed air and a maximum working pressure of 8 bar at the device may not be exceeded. In order to regulate the air pressure, the compressed air source must be equipped with a pressure reducing valve (with filter). To use this device, you need a quick-coupling pressure hose and a corresponding compressed air source. Observe the operating and safety instructions of the compressed air source and the special instructions for paint preparation. Note: Make sure that the working pressure is correct. Too much working pressure leads to too much fine distribution and too fast evaporation of the liquid. Surfaces become rough and adhesion is poor. On the other hand, if the working pressure is too low, the paint is not sprayed sufficiently. This results in wavy surfaces and dripping. Connect the quick-coupling pressure hose to the compressed air connection of the unit. It is automatically locked. Set the working pressure at the filter pressure reducer of the compressed air source to 3 bar.
Preparation of the application surface
Thoroughly and extensively cover the area around the application surface. All uncovered surfaces may otherwise become soiled. Ensure that the application surface is clean, dry and free of grease. Lightly scrape smooth surfaces and then remove any dust resulting from sanding. Turning the unit ON/OFF Working instructions: Open the purge while working
Switching the unit ON/OFF. Working instructions :
- Open the purge while working.
- When thinning, make sure that the product to be applied and the thinner are suitable for each other. If the wrong thinner is used, lumps may form and clog the gun. Screw the tank onto the gun clockwise.
- Pour the material to be applied into the tank and screw on the lid.
- Always hold the gun at an equal distance from the object. The ideal application distance is approx. 15 cm.
- Determine the appropriate settings by means of a test run.
- Do not switch the device on/off above the application surface, but start and end the procedure approx. 10 cm outside the application surface.
To turn the gun on, press and hold the trigger. To stop operation, release the trigger.
Adjustment of the paint jet
The unit has round and flat spray settings.
Round spray setting:
Use the round spray setting, for example, for small surfaces, corners and edges. Turn the adjuster clockwise.
Flat Spray Adjustment:
Use the flat spray vertically and horizontally for large surfaces. Turn the adjuster counterclockwise. The nozzle head can be continuously adjusted vertically and horizontally to the desired position by turning.
Adjusting the amount of paint
Notice: The front locking screw serves to limit the adjustment range of the stop screw. Increasing the paint quantity: Turn the stop screw counterclockwise. Decreasing the amount of paint: Turn the stop screw clockwise.
Adjusting the Air Amount
Note: It is recommended to start with the maximum air volume. To do this, open the air volume control to the maximum setting as described below under “Increasing the air volume”.
Increasing the air volume :
Note: Increasing the air volume is usually a good idea if the spray pattern is too coarse. Turn the air adjustment counterclockwise.
Decreasing the amount of air :
Notice: Decreasing the amount of air is usually a good idea if the paint mist is too heavy. Turn the air adjustment clockwise.
Maintenance and cleaning
Notice: Thorough cleaning after each use is very important for safety and proper operation. Otherwise, for example, the nozzle will be clogged and the perfect functioning of the device will not be ensured. When cleaning, wear suitable protective gloves. Do not use halogenated solvents containing hydrocarbons such as trichloromethyl, ethylene chloride etc., as these react chemically with certain materials in
the spray gun. Dangerous reactions may result.
CAUTION: Never soak the gun completely in solvents. After each use, spray thinner (outdoors only – risk of explosion!) or water through the unit. Use the supplied brush or a cloth to clean the body of the unit. Never use petrol, solvents or cleaning agents that could attack the plastic. First, unscrew the nozzle head by turning it counterclockwise. Loosen and remove the nozzle by unscrewing it counterclockwise with the supplied mounting wrench. Carefully clean the needle and nozzle with the brush. After cleaning, screw the nozzle head back on clockwise and tighten it with the supplied mounting wrench. To protect against rust, you can run sewing machine oil through the product after cleaning. Oil the moving parts from time to time. j The cleaned nozzle, thread and seal should be lightly treated with grease. Do not use silicone lubricants. Store compressed air equipment only in dry rooms.
Documents / Resources
|BORMANN BSG1800 Spray Gun Under Container [pdf] Instruction Manual|
BSG1800 Spray Gun Under Container, BSG1800, Spray Gun Under Container, Gun Under Container, Under Container, Container