Please read carefully and pay attention to the instructions in this instruction manual before using the Device.
Read all instructions thoroughly before operating the induction cooker unit to avoid injury to yourself and others, property or damage to the cooker itself.
Keep this User Manual as a handy reference at all times.
Observe the following cautions:
Submerse the unit or electrical cord in liquid, touch the unit with wet Hands, or use it in a wet outdoor environment.
Use if cooker surface is cracked
Operate if the electrical cord is frayed or if wires are exposed
Let the electrical cord hang over the edge of a table or countertop.
Move the unit by pulling on the power cord
Keep cookware on the cooker when the unit is not in use.
Electric shock hazard
Only qualified personnel may perform repair and maintenance work on the cooker.
Touch the cooker surface or cookware bottom for several minutes after using as both will be hot.
Move the cooker unit while cooking or with cookware on the cooker surface.
Place any on the cooker surface other than authorized metal cookware or an Induction Interface Disk.
Place the cooker on any surface as the surface could become hot.
Heat unopened cans of food The can could explode.
Use in or around flammable or explosive environments.
Allow children in the immediate vicinity or around the cooker while in use.
Leave the cooker or other objects on the cooker unattended when plugged in.
CAUTION: This cooker unit emits an electromagnetic field therefore people with pacemakers should consult with their physician before using them.
Product & Property Damage
To prevent damage to the cooker or surrounding areas:
- Heat empty containers on the cooker surface.
- Place any metal object other than cookware on the cooker surface.
- Place objects weighing more than 25 pounds on the cooker surface.
- Block the cool air inlet and fan.
- Operate cooker on flammable surfaces.
- Clean an induction cooker in a dishwasher.
- Use the cooker unit for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Place objects affected by a magnet, such as a credit card, radio, television, etc., near the unit while operating the cooker.
- Share a 120V, 15Amp electrical outlet with another electrical item.
- Block the rear and sides of the unit-keep at least 4” from the walls for proper ventilation.
An induction cooker is a safe, advanced, efficient, and economical cooking technology. It works by electromagnetic vibrations generating heat directly in the pan, rather than indirectly through heating the glass surface. The glass becomes hot only because the pan eventually warms it up.
Selecting The Proper Cookware
Your induction cooker will not operate without the proper cookware.
Read the following information in this section carefully to get the maximum efficiency from your unit. The rule of thumb for selecting cookware is if a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom, the cookware will work on your cooker.
The bottom surface of the cookware must be made of ferrous magnetic material The cookware must touch the cooker or rise no more than 1 inch above it.
Safety mechanism: The cooker may not operate ( displays “E0” error code)
If the cookware does not have a flat bottom surface with a minimum bottom diameter of 4-6 inches.
The cooker bottom is made of material with a low ferrous magnetic content, even if a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom.
Material: Iron or stainless steel
Shape: Bottom diameter about 12-20cm saucepan or square pot.
Material: Non-iron metal, ceramic, glass, or bottom is made of copper or aluminium pot.
Shape: Bottom uneven, diameter less than 12cm.
Description of Main Parts and Features
- After inserting the plug into the socket, a “Beep” will emit, and all the indicators and the display screen will flash. After 1 second, the cooker will be in standby mode.
- Put suitable cookware in the centre of the cooking zone.
- Press [On/Off], and some kind of cooker will start working directly. Some will require a function first to be chosen before it will start working.
- When the cooker is in use, stop the operation by pressing [On/Off].
- Press [Lock], and the display will show [Loc] representing that the cooker is locked.
- During Lock mode, all buttons conclude that [ON/OFF] can’t be adjusted.
- To CANCEL lock mode, press [Lock] again and hold for 3 seconds, then the cooker will be unlocked.
*Lock function is only available for some models
- Press [Timer], and the display will show [00:00], user can press the [+] or [-] key to set for the desired time, the maximum time is 4 hours.
- Slight press of [ +] or [-] key to increase or decrease the timer by 1 minute.
- Long press of [ +] or [-] key to increase or decrease the timer by 10 minutes.
- After setting the timer, the display will show desired power or temperature and the remaining timer alternately.
- When the timer is finished, the cooker will emit a beep signal and stop working.
- If the user wants to cancel the timer, he or she can either press the [On/Off] or hold the function key to resume the desired power or temperature operation.
- After setting the timer, the user can still change the power or temperature. This action won’t cancel the timer setting.
[POWER AND TEMPERATURE]
- Press the [Function] key until the indicator of [Hot Pot] is lighted up. The display will show [2000W] representing the default power (Level 2000W). It can be adjusted by pressing the [+] or [-] key to set the desired power level There are 8 power levels in total: (200-500-800-1100-1300-1500-1800-2000W).
- Press the [Function] key until the indicator of [Fry] is lighted up. The display will show  representing the default temperature (240 ⁰C). It can be adjusted by pressing the [ +] or [-] key to set the desired temperature level There are 8 temperature levels in total: (80-100-130-160-180-200-220-240 ⁰C)
- Press the [Function] key until the indicator of [Water] is lighted up. The display will show  representing that the default power is 2000W. It is an automatic function and it can’t be adjusted
- Press the [Function] key until the indicator of [Steam] is lighted up. The display will show  representing that the default power is 1500W. It is an automatic function and it can’t be adjusted
- Press the [Function] key until the indicator of [Slow Fire] is lighted up. The display will show  representing that the default power is 800W. It is an automatic function and it can’t be adjusted
- To Cancel these modes, press the [Function] key to switch to other cooking modes or the [On/Off] key to stop operation.
|Please use an electrical outlet greater than 10 A. Do not plug in other appliances at the same time.||When using, please place the induction cooker in a smooth place and keep the distance from the wall by at least 12cm.||Do not use induction cooker near gas cooker and kerosene cooker||Do not let children use induction cooker to avoid injuries|
|Do not submerge the induction cooker with water.||Do not insert the wire and do
not jam the inlet and outlet to avoid fire.
|Do not heat canned food in the induction cooker, if it is sealed.||When using, avoid touching the cooking plate to avoid injuries|
|Do not use induction cooker near areas with electromagnetic wave||Do not put the empty pot on the induction cooker to prevent affecting the unit’s performance and avoid any damage or injuries||Clean induction cooker on a regular basis||If the power cord is broken, replace it with an authorized power cord only|
During operations, should any error occur, please check the following table before calling for service:
|Problem description||Possible Cause||Solution|
|Insert the plug into the socket and press [ON/OFF], no ‘beep’ sound||If the plug is really plugged in||Check plug carefully. If the problem persists, please
contact service centre
|The unit sends out a “Beep” Sound||If the cookware is inapplicable||Replace a correct cookware|
|If the cookware is in the centre of the top glass||Put the cookware in the centre|
|If the cookware’s bottom diameter is over 12cm||Replace a cookware bottom with a diameter over 12cm|
|Display shows ‘E0’||No inapplicable cookware be used||Put or Replace a correct cookware|
|Display shows E1||Voltage ≤ 80V||Call the service centre for help|
|Display shows ‘E2’||Voltage :≥ 288V||Call the service centre for help|
|Display shows ‘E3’||Glass sensor short circuit or
|Call the service centre for help|
|Display shows ‘E4’||Glass sensor open circuit||Call the service centre for help|
|Display shows ‘E5’||PCB IGBT overheat or short circuit||Re-start after unit cools down|
|Display shows ‘E6’||PCB IGBT broken or open circuit||Call the service centre for help|
Remedies are recommended first for checking. If any error codes persist, please unplug the unit immediately and contact the service centre for inspection and repair. To avoid injuries and damage, do not allow yourself or unauthorized persons to disassemble or repair the broken unit.
Additional Safety instructions
Please switch Off the induction cooker in case of any crack on the cook-top panel!
- Do not place the cooker in any place that is near gas or hot environment in order to avoid damages or malfunction.
- To reduce the risk of damage, this plug should fit into an individual outlet. The rated electrical current is not less than 10A.
- Place the cooker on a level surface. The distance between the surface and its background surrounding must be not less than 12cm.
- Do not immerse the cooker and electric cord in water liquid, or allow liquid to be in contact with inner electrical parts. The power cord must be plugged out before cleaning.
- Do not cover the vent with anything during cooking. It may cause danger.
- To avoid danger, please do not directly heat canned food
- Do not disassemble the cooker by yourself.
- Be sure to use the power cord recommended by the cooker manufacturer.
- It is dangerous to heat metal directly /indirectly on the cooking plate.
- Do not cook with an empty pot. It will cause malfunction or danger.
- When cleaning the unit, prevent any dirt from getting into the inner parts of the unit.
- Do not touch the plate while the unit is working to avoid getting injuries/burns.
- Do not let children operate the unit alone to avoid getting injuries/burns.
- For those with cardiac pacemakers, please consult a doctor before operating the unit.
- Do not operate the cooker near the gas stove to avoid any danger.
- Please do not place a paper, cloth or any other articles under the bottom of the IH unit to avoid fire.
- Please avoid hitting the plate of the induction cooker. In case of the plate cracks, the user should turn off the unit and plug it out immediately. Contact service centre.
- Do not touch the control panel with any sharp implements.
|Plate type and dimensions:||Black crystal plate, 280*360mm|
|Additional Features:||*Timer / Preset & Lock functions
*8 Level temperature & Power adjustment
*7 intelligent cooking functions
|Power Cable Type and Length:||*1.5M VDE plug cable|
* The manufacturer reserves the right to make minor changes to product design and technical specifications without prior notice unless these changes significantly affect the performance and safety of the products. The parts described/illustrated in the pages of the manual that you hold in your hands may also concern other models of the manufacturer’s product line with similar features and may not be included in the product you just acquired.
* Please note that our equipment has not been designed for use in commercial, trade or industrial applications. Our warranty will be voided if the machine is used in commercial, trade or industrial businesses or for equivalent purposes.
* To ensure the safety and reliability of the product and the warranty validity, all repair, inspection, repair or replacement work, including maintenance and special adjustments, must only be carried out by technicians of the authorized service department of the manufacturer.
Documents / Resources
|BORMANN BEP3500 Table Electric Hob [pdf] Instruction Manual|
BEP3500, Table Electric Hob, BEP3500 Table Electric Hob, Electric Hob, Hob