BORMANN BBP2005 Dual Battery Charger
Read all the safety and general instructions. Failure to observe the safety and general instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury. Store these instructions in a safe place. Only use the charger if you can fully evaluate all functions and carry them out without restrictions, or if you have received corresponding instructions.
- This charger is not intended for use by children or persons with physical, sensory or mental limitations or a lack of experience or knowledge. This charger can be used by children aged 8 or older and by persons who have physical, sensory or mental limitations or a lack of experience or knowledge if a person responsible for their safety supervises them or has instructed them in the safe operation of the charger and they understand the associated dangers. Otherwise, there is a risk of operating errors and injuries.
- Supervise children during use, cleaning and maintenance. This will ensure that children do not play with the charger.
- Only charge Bormann Li-Ion batteries. The battery voltage must match the battery charging voltage of the charger. Do not charge any non-rechargeable batteries. Otherwise there is a risk of fire and explosion.
- Do not expose the charger to rain or wet conditions. Water entering a power tool will increase the risk of electric shock.
- Keep the charger clean. Dirt poses a risk of electric shock.
- Always check the charger, cable and plug before use. Stop using the charger if you discover any damage. Do not open the charger yourself, and have it repaired only by a qualified specialist using only original re- placement parts. Damaged chargers, cables and plugs increase the risk of electric shock.
- Do not operate the charger on an easily ignited surface (e.g. paper, textiles, etc.) or in a flammable environment. There is a risk of fire due to the charger heating up during operation.
- In case of damage and improper use of the battery, vapours may also be emitted. Ensure the area is well ventilated and seek medical attention should you experience any adverse effects. The vapours may irritate the respiratory system.
- Do not cover the ventilation slots of the charger. Otherwise, the charger may overheat and no long function properly
- Charging current: 3.0A 20V
- Charging time: 35mins Charging time for 2.0Ah battery 70mins Charging time for 4.0Ah battery
- Charging indicator functions:
- Two non-interference circuits when charging
- Red light showing charging status
- Green light showing charging finished
The manufacturer reserves the right to make minor changes to product design and technical specifications without prior notice unless these changes significantly affect the performance and safety of the products. The parts described/illustrated in the pages of the manual that you hold in your hands may also concern other models of the manufacturer’s product line with similar features and may not be included in the product you just acquired.
Please note that our equipment has not been designed for use in commercial, trade or industrial applications. Our warranty will be voided if the machine is used in commercial, trade or industrial businesses or for equivalent purposes.
To ensure the safety and reliability of the product and the warranty validity, all repair, inspection, repair or replacement work, including maintenance and special adjustments, must only be carried out by technicians of the authorized service department of the manufacturer.
Always use the product with the supplied equipment. Operation of the product with non-provided equipment may cause malfunctions or even serious injury or death. The manufacturer and the importer shall not be liable for injuries and damages resulting from the use of non-conforming equipment.
Charging The Battery
The charger is equipped with two battery charge status indicator light. During charging, the battery charge status indicator light will light up in red. After completion of charging, the indicator light will turns to green.
- Connect the charger to a suitable mains socket by inserting the AC plug. The two battery charge status indicator light will light up in green.
- Slide two battery packs onto the charger along the Battery interface, the two battery charge status indicator light turns to red.
- The charger may become warm and buzz slightly during charging. This is normal and does not indicate a fault.
- Make sure that the contacts on the battery and the contacts on the charger are clean and dry.
- Make sure that the battery always engages correctly.
- Charge the battery fully before using it for the first time.
- Push the battery into the battery holder until it engages with an audible click.
- Check that the battery is seated securely
Removing The Battery
- After completion of charging, the battery charge status indicator light will turns to green to indicate that charging is completed.
- Disconnect the charger from the main socket after charging.
- Pull the battery out of its holder in the device.
Maintenance And Cleaning
- In order to avoid safety hazards, if the power supply cord needs to be replaced, this must be done by Bormann or by a customer service centre that is authorised to repair Bormann power tools.
- Carefully remove any dirt that may be adhering to parts.
- Clean the air vents carefully with a dry brush.
- Use only a slightly damp cloth to clean the casing. Do not use cleaning agents containing silicone as these may attack the plastic parts
Chargers, accessories and packaging should be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
Do not dispose of chargers along with household waste.
Only for EU countries: According to the European Directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and its implementation into national law, chargers that are no longer usable must be collected separately and disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
Documents / Resources
|BORMANN BBP2005 Dual Battery Charger [pdf] Instruction Manual|
BBP2005 Dual Battery Charger, BBP2005, Dual Battery Charger, Battery Charger, Charger