BLACK+DECKER BL2010BP Crush Master 10-Speed Blender
Should you have any questions or concerns with your new product, please call our Customer Service Line at 1-800-231-9786 (US and Canada). Please do not return to the store.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock do not immerse cords, plugs or appliances in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Avoid contacting moving parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Call the appropriate toll-free number within this manual.
- The use of attachments, including canning jars, not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter.
- Keep hands and utensils out of the container while blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the blender. A scraper may be used but must be used only when the blender is not running.
- Blades are sharp. Handle carefully.
- To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutter-assembly blades on the base without the jar properly attached.
- Always operate the blender with the cover in place.
- When blending hot liquids, remove the centerpiece of the two-piece cover.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent the removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- Extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- If a long detachable extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the power cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact the warranty department listed in these instructions.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR BLENDER
Chart for reordering Bl2010 parts
HOW TO USE
This appliance is intended for household use only.
- Remove all packing material, any stickers from the product, and the plastic band around the plug.
- Remove and save literature.
- Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
- Wash all removable parts as instructed in the Care & Cleaning Section of this manual.
BLENDER JAR ASSEMBLY
- Turn the blending jar upside down and place it flat on the countertop or work surface.
- Place the gasket against the glass jar.
Important: The gasket MUST be between the jar and blade assembly or the blender will not function properly.
- Place the blade assembly, blade first, into the jar. (A).
- Place jar base onto the jar and rotate clockwise until it is tight (B).
- Turn assembled jar right side up.
- Place lid with lid cap onto blending jar.
Note: Do not plug in the cord.
- Place on base, making sure it is pressed firmly into place. (Jar base should not extend more than 1⁄8-inch above the rim at the top of the base.)
USING YOUR BLENDER
- Make sure the appliance is OFF.
- Place foods to be blended into the jar.
- Place lid on jar; make sure lid cap is in place.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet.
Note: When in use, do not leave the blender unattended. When using hard foods, such as ice, cheese, nuts, and coffee beans, keep one hand on the lid to keep the blender in place.
- Press the High or Low button; then select the speed that best suits your desired task. To switch speeds, press the High or Low button and the new speed desired. (See SPEED CHART on page 8.)
- When blending thick mixtures, such as smoothies, power drinks and C milkshakes press the Pulse button several times to begin the blending process. Use Pulse for no more than 5 seconds at a time, allowing the blender to rest briefly between each pulse, for no more than 2 minutes total. This helps break up the ice and distribute the ingredients.
- Open the lid cap to add ingredients while the blender is running and drop ingredients through the opening (C).
Important: Do not remove the lid while the blender is running.
- When finished, press the Pulse/Off button. Make sure the blades have completely stopped before attempting to remove the blending jar from the base.
- To remove the jar, grasp the handle and lift it straight up. Do not twist the jar.
- Remove lid to pour.
- Always unplug the appliance when not in use.
HOW TO BLEND
- Liquid FIRST!
- Soft foods
- Hard foods
- Ice cubes LAST.
BLENDING TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
- Cut food into pieces no larger than 3/4 inch for use in the blender.
- When ingredients splatter onto the sides of the jar or the mixture is very thick, press the OFF button to turn the appliance off. Remove the lid and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the jar. Replace the lid and continue blending.
Important: Blenders should always have a lid in place when in use. Caution: Do not place the blending jar on the base when the motor is running.
- The lid cap holds up to 11/2 oz. liquid and can be used as a measure when adding ingredients (D).
- When making bread crumbs, chopping nuts, or grinding coffee beans make sure the blending jar is completely dry. Do not run for longer than 30 seconds.
- The PULSE function is helpful when short bursts of power are needed such as when preparing thick smoothies or milkshakes, chopping nuts or grinding coffee beans, or preparing beverages that include ice cubes.
- Start blending on the lowest speed and then increase to a higher speed, if necessary.
- To stop blending, press the OFF button at any time.
- When blending hot liquids always let them cool for at least 5 minutes before blending. Before blending, remove the lid cap and put it back with
the opened side tilted away from you. Cover the lid with a cloth to avoid splattering and only use the lowest speed. Do not blend more than 2 1/2 to 3 cups at a time.
- Blenders not recommended for hard foods such as raw turnips, bones, hard salami or sausages, and boiling liquids.
- Not recommended for whipping cream, beating egg whites, mixing dough, mashing potatoes, grinding meats, or extracting juice.
WILD BERRY YOGURT COOLER
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup wild berry frozen yogurt
- 1 cup frozen cubed mango
- 1 cup frozen hulled strawberries
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed into a blending jar and close it with a lid. Pulse for several seconds (three to four times). Select Smoothie and let the cycle run until the mixture is smooth and well blended; about 30 seconds.
- Makes about 41/2 cups.
MANGO AND CORN SALSA
- 1/2 cup orange pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup purple onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 medium jalapeños, seeded and quartered
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 11/2 cups tomato, cubed
- 1 large mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup canned whole-kernel corn
- In a blending jar, combine pepper, onion, jalapenos, and garlic. Place lid on jar. Pulse several times, for about 5 seconds each, to chop ingredients. Add lime juice, tomato, mango, and cilantro and
- Pulse several times until vegetables are chopped and the mixture is blended. Spoon mixture into bowl; stir in corn. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Makes about 41/2 cups.
CARE AND CLEANING
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
- Before cleaning, turn off and unplug the appliance.
- Lift the blending jar by the handle of the power base.
- Remove jar base by turning counterclockwise until loose.
- Remove the gasket and blade assembly.
Caution: Blades are sharp, handle carefully.
- Remove the lid and lid cap.
- Wash removable parts by hand or in your dishwasher. Place the jar on the bottom rack and the rest of the parts on the top rack only.
- Do not place jar parts in boiling liquids.
- Do not immerse the base in liquid. Wipe the base with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Remove stubborn spots by rubbing with a damp cloth and nonabrasive cleaner.
Note: If liquids spill onto the base, wipe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Do not use rough scouring pads or cleansers on parts or finish.
For quick cleanup, combine 1 cup of hot water and a drop of liquid dish soap in the blending jar. Cover and blend on Speed 1 for about 30 seconds. Discard liquid and rinse jar thoroughly.
For convenient storage, wrap the cord around the feet on the bottom of the blender base.
WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate 800 number listed within this section. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail the product back to the manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may also want to consult the website listed in this manual.
Two-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
- Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Spectrum Brands, Inc.’s liability will not exceed the purchase price of the product.
For how long?
- Two years from the date of the original purchase with proof of purchase.
What will we do to help you?
- Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
- Save your receipt as proof of the date of sale.
- Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call toll-free 1- 800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
- If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
- Damage from commercial use
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
- Products that have been modified in any way
- Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
- Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
- Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
- Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
Yes, the lid is designed to be both secure and easy to open. To open, push down on the center of the lid with your thumb and rotate.
Dishwasher safe parts include the motor base and blade assembly. The container is top-rack dishwasher safe. To wash by hand, use a mild detergent in warm water. Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the blender. Allow all parts to air dry completely before storing.
This product carries a one year limited warranty from date of purchase against defects in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, or normal wear and tear. For further assistance, please call our Customer Service department at 1-800-231-9786 (US and Canada).
No, you should never blend hot liquids in a blender or food processor because they may cause burns if they come in contact with your skin. Instead, let hot liquids cool before blending them.
Yes, you can blend frozen fruits or vegetables in your blender as long as they are not rock hard. If you are blending ice cubes with your frozen fruit or vegetables, make sure that they are crushed before adding them to the blender container. You can also add a little liquid to help loosen up the mixture if needed.
A food processor has an enclosed bowl that locks onto an immovable blade assembly while a blender has an open top container that locks onto a rotating blade assembly. Both appliances can be used to chop foods but only blenders can be used for pureeing foods into smooth sauces or soups because of their ability to create friction heat which cooks foods more evenly than food processors do without creating heat build up that could burn foods if left unattended for extended periods of time when using them for chopping purposes only. Food processors are also better suited for slicing and grating because they have larger feed tubes than blenders do which allow you to feed larger quantities of food into them at one time without having to cut it into smaller pieces first before processing it into smaller pieces by hand before placing it into the feed tube so that you can process it faster without having to stop to remove any large pieces that may have gotten stuck inside of it while processing smaller quantities of food at one time which would require you to stop what you are doing every few minutes while using it so that you can remove any large pieces that may have gotten stuck inside of it while processing smaller quantities of food at one time which would require you to stop what you are doing every few minutes while using it so that you can remove any large pieces
Turn off and disconnect the blender before cleaning. Parts should be rinsed right away after blending for simpler cleanup. Clean the base of the unit with a moist towel, then completely dry it. You can hand-wash or put removable components in the dishwasher.
Ice and other hard materials are broken down by this high-quality blender to produce tasty smoothies, shakes, and other beverages. The blade can be used to produce soups, purees, iced drinks, and even bread, cookie, or cereal crumbs for use in other recipes.
The blade must be able to freely rotate. If not, gently twist until it comes loose by holding the base in one hand while encircling the pointed parts with a towel.
Ice can harm blender blades and “cause the engine to overheat and eventually fail,” according to the blender.
Keep the blender somewhere dry. Before storing it, make sure there is no moisture left. 10. To prevent injuries, minors should not use the blender.
550 watts, 120 volts, 60 hertz, and 4.583 amps are used to power this blender.
A glass 42 ounce jar is a characteristic of this blender.
Download PDF Link; BLACK+DECKER Crush Master 10-Speed Blender pdf