Bissell 46B4, 92L2 Series Steam and Sweep User’s Guide
Thanks for buying a BISSELL Steam & Sweep™ Pet
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL Steam & Sweep™ Pet. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system.
Your Steam & Sweep™ Pet is well made, and we back it with a limited two year warranty. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Services department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance.
My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high quality homecare products like your Steam & Sweep™ Pet.
Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.
Mark J. Bissell
Chairman, President & CEO
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Save These Instructions:
Commercial use of this unit will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using your Steam & Sweep™ Pet.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not direct steam at people, animals, or at electrical outlets.
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surface.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Do not leave steam cleaner unattended.
- Do not leave the steam cleaner connected to an electrical outlet when not in use.
- Do not service steam cleaner when it is plugged in.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- Do not use steam cleaner if it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
- Do not handle steam cleaner with wet hands. Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, pull cord around sharp corners or edges, or expose cord to heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord.
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapor given off by oil-based paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- Do not use on leather, wax polished furniture or floors, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials.
- Do not immerse.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this User’s Guide.
- Keep hair, loose clothing fingers, and all parts of the body away from moving parts.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments-use of attachments not provided or sold by BISSELL may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Never put descaling, aromatic, alcoholic or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
- Unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord.
- Close attention is necessary when used near children.
- Do not put any object into appliance openings, or restrict air flow.
- Do not use with any opening blocked.
- Do not pick up hot, burning or smoking objects such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the presence of explosive liquids or vapor.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, gasoline, etc.).
THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider then the other) This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install a proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
This model is for household use only.
Your Steam & Sweep™ Pet assembles quickly and easily. The only tool you will need for assembly is a Phillips head screwdriver.
Your Steam & Sweep™ Pet is packaged with the following items:
Lower Body with Water Purification System
Maneuverable Swivel Head Removable Water Tank
1 large Phillips Head Screw
1 small Phillips Head Screw
2 Mop Pads
Attach handle to Steam & Sweep™ Pet
- Attach lower body to maneuverable swivel head (If your Steam & Sweep™ Pet came with the swivel head already assembled to the body, you may skip this step).
- Secure maneuverable swivel head with small Phillips head screw. Tighten until secure.
- Slide handle assembly down into lower body until it will go no further.
- Secure the handle by placing the large Phillips head screw through the screw opening in the lower body and into the rear of the handle assembly. Tighten with screwdriver until secure.
- Slide water tank onto lower body by lining up vertical glides and gently sliding tank into place.
Steam & Sweep™ Pet assembly is now complete.
Removable water tank
The water tank is located on the back of the Steam & Sweep™ Pet. It can be refilled with water any time during use. Distilled or demineralized water is recommended in place of tap water.
Do not use chemicals with your Steam & Sweep™ Pet.
Water purification system
This filter removes minerals and other impurities from tap water, preventing water deposits from damaging your Steam & Sweep™ Pet. It should be replaced when the bright green grains turn blue. To maximize performance of the filter, distilled water should be used.
The ready light will glow when water has been converted to steam and the Steam & Sweep™ Pet is ready to use.
Steam on demand trigger
Press to release steam.
Maneuverable swivel head
Allows you to pick up dust and small debris while steam cleaning your floor. The maneuverable swivel head gets into tight spaces and under cabinets.
Deluxe mop pads
Reusable microfiber mop pad is machine washable and safe for all hard floor surfaces.
Tip: To prevent damage to the machine, do not attempt to use your Steam & Sweep™ Pet without water in the tank.
- The mop pad may have already come attached to the swivel head. If not, attach mop pad to swivel head using the Velcro strips.
- Fill the water tank.
A. Remove the tank by lifting straight up and away from the unit.
B. Unscrew the cap at the bottom of the water tank and remove the insert assembly.
C. Fill the water tank with water. For best results, water should be at room temperature.
D. Replace the insert assembly and cap, tighten until snug.
E. Replace the water tank by lining up the vertical guides and gently sliding it back into place.
- Twist the quick release cord wrap clockwise to unwrap the power cord completely, make sure both switches are in the “OFF” position and plug it into a 120-volt grounded outlet as described on the Important Safety Instructions page.
- Turn power button on. The ready light will illuminate when the Steam & Sweep™ Pet is ready for use.
NOTE: Upon first use of the Steam & Sweep™ Pet or first use of a new filter, the pump may make a “knocking” sound while the filter fills with water. This is normal and should not last longer than 1 minute. Continue to depress the trigger until the knocking subsides.
WARNING: Steam & Sweep™ Pet will not pick up crayons, marbles, and other large objects.
Before you clean
The Steam & Sweep™ Pet can be used as a sweeper and a steam mop at the same time. For best results on pet hair, use the Steam & Sweep™ Pet’s powerful sweeper to clear the floor of pet hair prior to mopping.
- Turn the brush switch to the On ( I ) position to activate the brush.
- To empty the dirt container, turn the power off, gently tap the release pedal on the swivel head. Lift unit straight up leaving bin on floor and empty into a trash can. The dirt container may be warm to the touch.
- Replace the dirt container by pushing it back into the swivel head until it snaps back into place. WARNING: Never put descaling aromatic, alcoholic, or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
Tip: The Steam & Sweep™ Pet may be used as both a steam mop and a sweeper at the same time.
Steam cleaning hard floors
Your Steam & Sweep™ Pet is designed to clean hard flooring such as ceramic tile, vinyl, marble, stone and sealed hard wood floors. Use of your Steam & Sweep™ Pet on waxed or some unwaxed floors may result in a diminished glossiness. The Steam & Sweep™ Pet is not for use on unsealed wood floors. For best results, test in an inconspicuous area and check the care instructions from your flooring manufacturer.
- When the ready light illuminates, begin cleaning by slowly passing over the surface while pressing the steam on demand trigger to emit steam as needed.
- To sanitize an area of your floor, (attack invisible germs and bacteria) leave the Steam & Sweep™ Pet over the area for a minimum of 15 seconds, but no longer than 20 seconds. For larger areas, overlap swivel head placement.
- When the Steam & Sweep™ Pet stops emitting steam, turn the unit off. Simply remove the water tank, refill, and continue cleaning.
Tip: During first use, it may take several seconds for the Steam & Sweep™ Pet to begin steaming. The water needs to flow through the filter to the heater. This delay will only occur during initial use or when using a new filter.
Maintenance and care
When you’re done
- Make sure both power switches are in the OFF (O) position. Unplug power cord from outlet.
- Carefully remove mop pad from swivel head, as mop pad and lower assembly will be hot.
- Any water remaining in the water tank should be emptied prior to machine storage.
- Mop pad can be machine washed in warm water with mild detergent. For best results, air dry.
- Wrap power cord around quick release cord wrap on side of Steam & Sweep™ Pet.
- Wipe all surfaces of Steam & Sweep™ Pet with a soft cloth. Store upright in a protected, dry area.
NOTE: If steam output is reduced, the nozzle may be blocked. To remedy, unplug the unit, remove the swivel head from the lower body and pour vinegar through the center tube of the swivel head “neck”. Clear the nozzle by inserting a paper clip into the brass spray tip located in the bottom of the lower body.
CAUTION: Upright storage of the Steam & Sweep™ Pet with a wet mop pad may result in the formation of white marks on your floor. To remove the white marks, clean area with vinegar.
Replacing the water purification system
If you fill your Steam & Sweep™ Pet cleaner with normal tap water, it is essential to check the filter and replace it when it is no longer effective. Change the filter when the bright green grains turn blue. If the filter is not changed at the appropriate time, calcium deposits will accumulate on the heating element, causing damage or reduced performance.
To replace the filter, pull it up and away from the Steam & Sweep™ Pet. Using distilled or demineralized water will maximize the performance of your filter.
To order a replacement filter, refer to the replacement parts section.
Tip: Be sure to use only a BISSELL water filter in your Steam & Sweep™ Pet.
Reduced steam or no steam
|Water tank is empty||Fill water tank|
|Depleted water filter||Replace filter|
|Blocked steam nozzle||Refer to NOTE|
Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative.
Thank you for selecting a BISSELL product.
NOTE: There are no serviceable parts in the upper housing of this product.
Please do not return this product to the store.
For any questions or concerns, BISSELL is happy to be of service. Contact us directly at 1-800-237-7691.
Replacement parts – BISSELL Steam & Sweep™ Pet
Handle assembly with screw
Water tank with cap and insert
Storage hook with screws
Microfiber mop pads – 2 pack
Warranty – BISSELL Steam & Sweep™ Pet
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state. If you need additional instruction regarding this warranty or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services by E-mail, telephone, or regular mail as described below.
Limited Two Year Warranty
Subject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, upon receipt of the product BISSELL Homecare, Inc. will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, for two years any defective or malfunctioning part.
See information below on “If your BISSELL product should require service”.
This warranty applies to product used for personal, and not commercial or rental service. This warranty does not apply to fans or routine maintenance components such as filters, mop pads, or brushes. Damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not in accordance with the User’s Guide is not covered.
If your BISSELL product should require service:
Contact BISSELL Consumer Services to locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center in your area.
If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Website or E-mail: www.bissell.com
Use the “Customer Support” tab.
Or Call: BISSELL Consumer Services 1-800-237-7691
Monday: Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Or Write: BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
PO Box 3606
Grand Rapids, MI 49501
ATTN: Consumer Services
BISSELL HOMECARE, INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. BISSELL’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY THIS
WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EITHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE TWO YEAR DURATION FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty last so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Don’t forget to register your product!
Registering is quick, easy and allows us to serve you better over the lifetime of your product. You’ll receive:
BISSELL Reward Points
Automatically earn points for discounts and free shipping on future purchases.
Supplying your information now saves you time should you need to contact us with questions regarding your product.
Product Support Alerts
We’ll contact you with any important product alerts.
Optional: Register your email to receive notice of offers, contests, cleaning tips and more!
For Registration Please Visit: bissell.com/registration now!
BISSELL consumer services
For information about repairs or replacement parts, or questions about your warranty,
Call: BISSELL Consumer Services 1-800-237-7691
Monday: Friday 8 a.m. — 10 p.m. ET
Saturday: 9 a.m. — 8 p.m. ET
Or write: BISSELL Homecare, Inc.
PO Box 3606
Grand Rapids MI 49501
ATTN: Consumer Services
Or visit the BISSELL website: www.bissell.com
When contacting BISSELL, have model number of cleaner available.
Please record your Model Number: _________________________________
Please record your Purchase Date: __________________________________
NOTE: Please keep your original sales receipt. It provides proof of purchase date in the event of a warranty claim. See Warranty for details.