Bissell 3698 Series spotclean
Thanks for buying a BISSELL portable deep cleaner
We’re glad you purchased a BISSELL portable spot cleaner. Everything we know about floor care went into the design and construction of this complete, high-tech home cleaning system. Your BISSELL portable spot cleaner is well made, and we back it with a limited two-year guarantee. We also stand behind it with a knowledgeable, dedicated Consumer Care department, so, should you ever have a problem, you’ll receive fast, considerate assistance. My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high-quality homecare products like your BISSELL portable spot cleaner. Thanks again, from all of us at BISSELL.
Mark J. Bissell
Chairman & CEO
WARNING: Action or attention is needed to this area in order to reduce the Risk of Electric Shock, Fire, or Injury.
Guide: Read user guide for complete safety and user instructions.
WEEE: DO NOT THROW THE APPLIANCE AWAY WITH THE NORMAL HOUSEHOLD WASTE AT THE END OF ITS LIFE, BUT HAND IT IN AT AN OFFICIAL COLLECTION POINT FOR RECYCLING. BY DOING THIS YOU WILL HELP TO PRESERVE THE ENVIRONMENT.
Important Safety Instructions
Read all instructions before using your cleaner. When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following.
- ALWAYS CONNECT TO A PROPERLY EARTHED ELECTRICAL SOCKET.
- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- Do not leave appliance when plugged in.
- Unplug from electrical socket when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not modify earthed plug.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock: Use indoors only.
- Do not expose to rain. Store indoors.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory and mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Use only as described in the user guide.
- Use only the manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cable or plug.
- If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, USE INDOORS ONLY.
- Do not immerse in water or liquid.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water; do not attempt to operate it and have it repaired at an authorized service center.
- Liquid or steam must not be directed towards equipment containing electrical components.
- Do not pull or carry by cable, use cable as a handle, close door on cable, or pull cable around sharp edges or corners.
- Do not run appliance over cable.
- Keep cable away from heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cable.
- To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings.
- Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as petrol, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.)
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil base paint, some mothproofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- Use only BISSELL cleaning formulas intended for use with this machine.
- If your appliance is fitted with a nonrewireable BS1363 plug it must not be used unless a 13 amp (ASTAapproved to BS 1362) fuse is fitted in the carrier contained in the plug. Spares may be obtained from your BISSELL supplier. If for any reason the plug is cut off, it must be disposed of, as it is an electric shock hazard should it be inserted into a mains socket.
FOR OPERATION ON A 220-240 VOLT A.C. 50/60 Hz POWER SUPPLY ONLY.
This model is for household use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
- Clean Water/ Formula Tank
- Power Button
- Dirty Water Tank
- Hose Clip
- Power Cord
- Quick Release™ Cord Wrap
- Tough Stain Tool
- Hose Grip
Keep plenty of genuine BISSELL Cleaning Solution on hand so you can clean whenever it fits your schedule. Always use genuine BISSELL deep cleaning formulas. Non-BISSELL cleaning solutions may harm the machine and will void the guarantee.
- Use only BISSEL portable machine formula in your dleaner. Use of deaning formulas which contain lemon or pine oil may damage this appliance and void the guarantee. Chemical spot cleaners or solvent-based soil removers aso should not be used. These products may react with the plastic materias used in your dleaner, causing racking or pitting.
- To reduce the risk of fire and electric shock due to internal component damage, use only BISSELL cleaning fluids intended for use with the deep cleaner.
- BISSELL 2X SPOTCLEAN Spot & Stain Formula #1084E
- BISSELL 2X SPOTCLEAN Pet Stain & Odour Formula#1085E
- BISSELL SPOTCLEAN BOOST Oxygen Boost Formula #1134E
WARNING: Do not plug in your vacuum cleaner until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
- Slide hose clip into opening on front of machine. You will hear a “snap” when it is locked into place.
- Snap hose grip bracket into back of machine on clean tank side. Wrap hose around the unit and snap hose grip into bracket. Attach small tough stain tool to end of hose grip.
- Attach cable wrap by snapping it into place on dirty tank side of machine. Wrap power cable around cable wrap.
- To fill clean water/formula tank
- Remove tank by lifting it straight up and away from unit.
- Pull on the black tab to reveal the tank opening. The plug rotates out of the way for easy filling.
- Your tank is marked for a large stain or a small stain. Based on your cleaning need, fill with hot tap water to the water fill line. Add Oxygen Boost formula to the OXYgen Boost fill line. Add BISSELL 2X formula to the formula fill line. DO NOT BOIL OR MICROWAVE WATER.
- Replace plug by rotating into place and pressing gently onto tank.
- Replace tank by lining up the tank bottom with indentations on machine. Press down firmly on tank to secure in position.
- Release hose from hose grip bracket. Unwrap hose completely from around unit.
- Insert desired tough stain tool on end of hose until it clicks into place.
- Twist the Quick Release™ cable wrap clockwise to unwrap power cable completely.
Cleaning effectiveness will be enhanced if you pretreat heavily stained or highly soiled areas. Here’s how to do it.
- Hold cleaning tool just above surface of carpet or upholstery to be cleaned. Press spray trigger to release a spray of cleaning solution directly onto stained or soiled area.
- Wait 3-5 minutes before cleaning.
Cleaning with your spot cleaner
WARNING: Keep spray away from face. Failure to do so may result in personal injury.
Important: Check the manufacturer’s tag before cleaning the upholstery. “W” or “WS” on the tag means you can use your SpotClean. If the tag is coded with an “S” (with diagonal strikethrough), or says “Dry Clean Only,” do not proceed. If the manufacturer’s tag is missing or not coded, check with your furniture dealer.
- Plug unit in and turn on by pressing power button under handle.
- Hold the cleaning tool approximately 2.5cm above soiled surface. Press spray trigger to apply cleaning solution to soiled area.
- Using brush on the cleaning tool, gently scrub area to be cleaned.
- For thorough cleaning, spray additional solution while brush and suction are in contact with surface.
- Apply downward pressure on cleaning tool and pull it toward you. The suction will remove the dirt and cleaning solution. Continue until no more dirt can be removed.
- As a final step, use “drying strokes” (by not pressing the spray trigger) to remove as much liquid/moisture as possible. Repeat this step as often as necessary.
- When using Oxygen Boost formula, it will continue to work for the next six to eight hours cleaning your spots and stains all the way to the backing of the carpet.
Maintenance & Care
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, turn power button off and disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting checks.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, always install float stack before any wet pick-up operation.
- Unplug power cable from electrical socket.
- Empty and rinse dirty water tank after each use, OR when dirty water reaches indicated maximum fill line.
- Lift tank up and away from base of machine.
- Pull tab to remove plug from tank
- Rinse out tank with clean water after emptying.
- Disconnect cleaning tool from hose grip by pushing down on button lock and pulling straight off. (Do NOT twist cleaning tool to remove it).
- The front nozzle of the small tough stain tool can be removed for easy cleaning. Push button at top of the cleaning tool and slide front nozzle off top of cleaning tool. Rinse both with clean water and replace front nozzle back on cleaning tool. Rinse all other cleaning tools used with clean water.
- Check spray nozzle for accumulated dirt or debris. If necessary, clean with soft bristle brush.
- The float stack can be removed from inside dirty water tank for cleaning. Turn locking assembly anti-clockwise to unlock position and pull down and out of tank to remove. Rinse with clean water until all debris is removed. Replace float stack back inside dirty water tank and turn locking assembly clockwise to lock position.
Water and cleaning formula can be left in clean water tank for next use.
- Wrap power cable around cable wrap on back of machine.
- Wrap hose around the base of unit and secure the hose grip.
- Store unit in protected, dry area, at room temperature (4° to 43°C).
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, turn power button off and disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting checks.
Reduced spray or no spray
|spray nozzle clogged||Clean spray nozzle using an unfolded paper clip|
|Clean water/formula tank empty||Check/fill tank|
|Clean water/formula tank insert clogged||Clean insert at bottom of clean water/ formula tank|
|Pump needs priming||Gently lift clean water/formula tank while depressing spray trigger OR gently squeeze clean tank while depressing spray trigger|
Spot cleaner won’t pick up cleaning solution
|Poor cleaning tool position||Reposition cleaning tool on surface, follow recommended cleaning procedures|
|Dirty water tank is full||empty dirty water tank|
|Cleaning tool brush worn||Replace cleaning tool|
|excess solution in hose||lift cleaning tool and point upwards to allow water in hose to flow into dirty water tank|
|incorrect cleaning formula||Use bissell 2X spot & stain formulas for portable spot cleaners only|
|please do not return this product to the store.||Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative.
Thank you for selecting a bissell product.
These items are available for your BISSELL portable deep cleaner. Visit www.BISSELL.com.
This Guarantee only applies outside of the USA and Canada. It is provided by BISSELL International Trading Company BV (“BISSELL”). This Guarantee is provided by BISSELL. It gives you specific rights. It is offered as an additional benefit to your rights under law. You also have other rights under law which may vary from country to country. You can find out about your legal rights and remedies by contacting your local consumer advice service. Nothing in this Guarantee will replace or lessen any of your legal rights or remedies. If you need additional instruction regarding this Guarantee or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care or contact your local distributor. This Guarantee is given to the original purchaser of the product from new and is not transferable. You must be able to evidence the date of purchase in order to claim under this Guarantee.
Limited Two-Year Guarantee
Subject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, BISSELL will for two years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge, any defective or malfunctioning part or product. BISSELL recommends that the original packaging and evidence of the date of purchase be kept for the duration of the Guarantee period in case the need arises within the period to claim on the Guarantee. Keeping the original packaging will assist with any necessary re-packaging and transportation but is not a condition of the Guarantee. If for your product is replaced by BISSELL under this Guarantee, the new item will benefit from the remainder of the term of this Guarantee (calculated from the date of the original purchase). The period of this Guarantee shall not be extended whether or not your product is repaired or replaced.
EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE GUARANTEE
This Guarantee applies to products used for personal domestic use and not commercial or hire purposes. Consumable components such as filters, belts and mop pads, which must be replaced or serviced by the user from time to time, are not covered by this Guarantee.This Guarantee does not apply to any defect arising from fair wear and tear. Damage or malfunction caused by the user or any third party whether as a result of accident, negligence, abuse, neglect, or any other use not in accordance with the User Guide is not covered by this Guarantee.
An unauthorized repair (or attempted repair) will void this Guarantee whether or not damage has been caused by that repair/attempt Removing or tampering with the Product Rating Label on the product or rendering it illegible will void this Guarantee.
SAVE AS SET OUT BELOW BISSELL AND ITS DISTRIBUTORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT FORESEEABLE OR FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, DISTRESS, INCONVENIENCE OR DISAPPOINTMENT. SAVE AS SET OUT BELOW BISSELUs LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. BISSELL DOES NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY ITS LIABILITY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS; (B) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; () OR FOR ANY OTHER MATTER WHICH CAN NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER LAW.
If your BISSELL product should require service or to claim under our Limited Two-Year Guarantee, please visit
Website or E-mail: www.BISSELL.com
For UK inquiries
- Telephone: 0844.888.6644
- Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm
- Friday 9am – 4pm
- BISSELL Homecare (Overseas) Inc.
- Ground Floor 226 Berwick Avenue Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4QT United Kingdom
Visit the BISSELL website: www.BISSELL.com
When contacting BISSELL, have model number of cleaner available.
- Please record your Model Number: _____________
- Please record your Purchase Date: _____________
NOTE: Please keep your original sales receipt. It provides proof of the date of purchase in the event of a Guarantee claim. See Guarantee for details.
©2013 BISSELL Homecare, Inc
Grand Rapids, Michigan
All rights reserved. Printed in China
Part Number 120-4600 Rev 09/13
Visit our website at: www.BISSELL.com