Bissell 2986 Series Aeroslim
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR HAND VAC.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY:
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this user guide. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, have it repaired at an authorized service center.
- Do not put any object into opening.
- Do not use with any opening blocked.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle charger, including charger plug and charger terminal, with wet hands.
- Do not charge the machine outdoors.
- Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
- Do not incinerate the appliance even if it is severely damaged. The batteries can explode in a fire.
- Keep openings free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Use extra care when cleaning stairs.
- Do not use without Dirt Bin or filters in place. Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use vacuum cleaner in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil-based paint, paint thinner, some moth-proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
- Use only on dry, indoor surfaces.
- Do not pull or carry charger by the cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord.
- Prevent unintentional starting. Ensure the power is OFF before picking up or carrying the appliance. Carrying the appliance with your finger on the power button or energizing appliance that have the power on invites accidents.
- Keep the temperature range between 40-104°F when charging battery, storing machine or during use.
- Do not use appliance that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Do not expose appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 130°C/265°F may cause explosion.
- Recharge only with the charger specified by the manufacturer. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- Have servicing performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the appliance outside of the temperature range specified in the instructions. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside of the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- Do not modify or attempt to repair the appliance except as indicated in the instructions for use and care.
- Use only with Listed/Certified ITE equipment/power supply or Class II power unit.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS MODEL IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
This product contains Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries. DO NOT mix Lithium-Ion batteries with general household waste. According to Federal and State regulations, removal and proper disposal of Lithium-Ion batteries is required.
For specific battery disposal instructions please contact Call2Recycle at 877 723-1297 or visit www.call2recycle.org.
For full instructions on battery removal for recycling visit support.BISSELL.com
What’s in the Box?
Standard accessories may vary by model. To identify what should be included with your purchase, please refer to the “Carton Contents” list located on the carton top flap.
Brush and Crevice Tool
- Power Button
- Power Lights
- Vacuum Body
- Dirt Bin
Charging the Battery
- Insert Charging Cord into the charging port on back of the machine.
- Connect USB to adapter and into the wall outlet. Charge the machine completely for about 3.5 hours prior to first use.
- The LED Power Lights will illuminate when charging.
Full Charge: 3 solid lights
Low Power: 1 solid light
Charge Required: 1 blinking light
IMPORTANT: Always turn machine OFF before charging. Failing to do so may result in battery not fully charging.
Using Your Hand Vacuum
- Unplug the machine from the charging adapter.
- Remove from base stand.
- Press the Power Button to turn ON.
Using the Accessory Tools
- Make sure the machine is turned OFF.
- Attach tool to nozzle of hand vacuum. Turn machine ON.
WARNING: Do not plug in your vacuum until you are familiar with all
instructions and operating procedures.
Emptying the Dirt Tank
Find replacement filters at BISSELL.com.
- Twist Dirt Bin to remove from base.
- Remove Filter by pulling up from Dirt Bin. Empty dirt into waste container.
- Separate Filters by turning clockwise and pulling up. Tap filters on side of waste container to clean out dust.
- When finished emptying the dirt, reassemble machine as shown above.
- After heavy use, clean the filter and filter cup by washing gently by hand in warm water and mild dish detergent. Rinse thoroughly and make certain it is completely dry before reinserting it.
1-Year limited warranty, may vary by state. Visit support.BISSELL.com or call 1-800-237-7691 for complete warranty information.
We’re Waggin’ Our Tails!
BISSELL® proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation® and its mission to help save homeless pets. When you buy a BISSELL product, you help save pets, too. We’re proud to design products that help make pet messes, odors and pet homelessness disappear.
Visit BISSELLsavespets.com to learn more.
But wait, there’s more!
Join us online for a complete guide to your new product, including troubleshooting, product registration, parts, and more. Go to support.BISSELL.com.