Bissell 2880 Series Perfect Sweep Turbo User Guide
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING PERFECT SWEEP TURBO
Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance. When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- Store indoors
- Do not expose to rain
- Do not immerse or use on wet surfaces
- Do not handle with wet hands
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, have it repaired at an authorized service center.
- Do not damage the charging cord. Never carry or pull by the cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use an extension cord. DC adapter should plug directly into electrical outlet.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep openings free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Do not use for any purposes other than described in this User’d Guide
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the adapter, not the cord.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Turn o all controls before plugging or unplugging the sweeper
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not use to pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.).
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
- Use only the DC adapter supplied by BISSELL to recharge your Perfect Sweep Turbo.
- Use DC adapter only in a standard electrical outlet (120v – 60hz)
- Do not allow to be used as a toy » Close attention is necessary when used by or near children
- Plastic film used in packaging can be dangerous. To avoid danger of suffocation, keep away from children
- Do not modify or attempt to repair the appliance or the battery pack except as indicated in the instructions for use and care.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
This model is for household use only.
WARNING: The Power Cord on this product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WASH HANDS AFTER HANDLING.
This product contains rechargeable nickel cadmium batteries. Do not incinerate batteries or they will explode when exposed to high temperatures.
Battery cell leaks can occur under extreme conditions. If battery cell contents come in contact with the skin, wash immediately with soap and water. then neutralize with a mild acid such as vinegar or lemon juice.
If battery cell contents get into the eyes, flush immediately with clean water for a minimum of 15 minutes. Seek medical attention
- Handle Grip with storage hook
- Adjustable Metal Handle
- Handle Clip shown assembled
- Power Switch
- Dirt Cup
- Motorized Brush Roll
- Charging Port
- Charging Indicator Light
- DC Adapter
Your Perfect Sweep Turbo requires very little assembly. Remove it from the box and familiarize yourself with the components shown above.
- Assemble the handle
a. Arrange the handle sections so that the threaded ends fit together. Twist clockwise until secure.
b. Screw the handle clip to the long threaded piece of the bottom handle section.
NOTE: The middle handle section can be removed to shorten the handle length.
- Insert the handle
Align the release button on the handle clip with the opening on the foot of the sweeper. Push the handle into the opening. The handle will click into place when correctly aligned.
- Charge the Battery
The Perfect Sweep Turbo must be fully charged before using. See page 5 for charging instructions
Charging the battery
- To charge, plug the DC adapter into a standard electrical outlet and plug into the charging port on the back side of the unit. The charging indicator light will illuminate when properly connected and will turn o when fully charged.
NOTE: The power switch must be in the OFF position to charge. If the battery is fully exhausted while in use, be sure to press the power switch once to turn OFF before charging
- When charging for the first time, allow the battery to charge uninterrupted for at least 16 hours. Thereafter, charge for at least 12 hours to renew the battery. The charging indicator light will illuminate when properly connected and will turn o when fully charged.
- Decreased operating time may indicate that the battery has built up a charging resistance. To recharge, first completely exhaust the battery, recharge it, then exhaust it again before recharging a second time. This process may be required more than once.
- When charging is complete, be sure to unplug the Perfect Sweep Turbo from the charger. When fully charged, the battery will provide up to 60 minutes of cordless cleaning power.
If your battery still fails to recharge or does not hold a charge of normal duration, call:
BISSELL Consumer Services
Monday – Friday 8 a.m.—10 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m.—8 p.m.
Or visit our website at
Using your Perfect Sweep Turbo
The Perfect Sweep Turbo is a quick and easy way to clean your hard floors, rugs and carpets.
- Tip the handle back into a typical use position. Gently tap the power switch on the sweeper with your foot to turn on and off.
NOTE: The unit will not turn on if the dirt cup is not secure
- For above floor and stair cleaning, detach the handle by pressing the handle clip button on the bottom of the handle. Use the Perfect Sweep Turbo in handheld mode by using the handle connector piece on the foot of the Sweeper as a handle.
- To empty, first make sure that the unit is turned OFF and then lift the dirt cup out. Empty the dirt cup over a waste container. Replace the dirt cup by pressing it back into the foot of the sweeper.
NOTE: For best performance, the dirt cup should be emptied after each use
Maintenance & Care
For best performance, the following maintenance tasks should be performed as needed:
- Keep the brush roll free of hair and other debris. Use scissors to carefully remove any hair, string or other debris wrapped around the brush.
- Use a soft cloth to clean exterior surfaces. The dirt cup may be cleaned with a cloth dampened with water only. Do not use a strong detergent or cleaner, as this may damage the finish. Make sure all parts are completely dry before using or charging.
NOTE: Always unplug from the charger and ensure that the power is off before performing any maintenance.
Disposal of batteries
See the following instructions to dispose of the batteries:
WARNING: This product contains a nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd) rechargeable battery pack. According to Federal and State regulations, removal and proper disposal of Ni-Cd batteries is required. For removal of the battery pack in your Perfect Sweep TURBO, see instructions below:
- IMPORTANT: Unplug charger.
- Remove handle and dirt cup.
- Remove (10) Phillips head screws on the bottom cover as shown in picture.
- Separate top and bottom cover.
- Remove wire connectors from the battery pack.
- Keep Battery Pack together – DO NOT separate individual batteries. For specific disposal instructions of batteries, please contact: RBRC (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) 1-800-822-8837 or visit the website: www.Call2Recycle.org
- Discard remainder of product.
NOTE: Disconnecting the battery will destroy the appliance and invalidate the warranty
Please do not return this product to the store.
Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative. Thank you for selecting a BISSELL product.
For any questions or concerns, BISSELL is happy to be of service. Contact us directly at 1-800-263-2535.
If your BISSELL product should require service:
Visit BISSELL.com or contact BISSELL Consumer Care to locate a BISSELL Authorized ServiceCenter in your area.
If you need information about repairs or replacement parts, or if you have questions about your warranty, contact BISSELLConsumerCare.
Website or E-mail:
BISSELL Consumer Care
Monday – Friday 8am – 10pm ET
Saturday 9am – 8pm ET
Sunday 10am – 7pm ET