Bissell 15D1 Series Easy Sweep
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR SWEEPER.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY:
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts. Brush Roll continues to rotate when in use.
- Brush Roll continues to turn while product is turned ON and handle is in use. To avoid damage to carpet, rugs, furniture and flooring, avoid tipping cleaner or setting it on furniture, fringed area rugs, or carpeted stairs during tool use.
- With Brush Roll ON, do not allow cleaner to sit in one location for an extended period of time, as damage to floor can result.
- Do not use on wet surfaces.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Plastic film can be dangerous. To avoid danger of suffocation, keep away from children.
- Do not immerse in water or liquid.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this user guide.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, have it repaired at an authorized service center.
- Do not charge the unit outdoors.
- Do not incinerate the appliance even if it severely damaged. The batteries can explode in a fire.
- Do not put any object into opening.
- Do not use with any opening blocked.
- Keep openings free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Use extra care when cleaning stairs.
- Do not pick up flammable materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the presence of explosive liquids or vapors.
- Always turn OFF this appliance before connecting or disconnecting the motorized nozzle.
- Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.).
- Do not use sweeper in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil-based paint, paint thinner, some moth-proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Do not use without Dirt Bin or filters in place.
- Use only on dry, indoor surfaces.
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- Disconnect battery pack before cleaning or servicing.
- If the charger supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not pull or carry charger by cable, use cable as a handle, close door on cable, or pull cable around sharp edges or corners.
- Keep charger cable away from heated surfaces.
- To unplug, grasp the charger plug, not the cable.
- Do not handle charger plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Battery pack, charging port on the hand vac and charger output are not to be short-circuited.
- The appliance must be disconnected from the battery charger when removing the battery.
- The battery is to be disposed of safely.
- Do not recharge, disassemble, heat above 60°C/140°F, or incinerate.
- Keep batteries out of reach of children.
- Dispose of used batteries promptly.
- This appliance contains batteries that are only replaceable by skilled persons.
- Prevent unintentional starting. Ensure the switch is in the OFF position before picking up or carrying the appliance. Carrying the appliance with your finger on the switch or energizing appliance that have the switch on invites accidents
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
- Do not use appliance that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Do not expose appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 130°C/ 266°F may cause explosion.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the appliance outside of the temperature range specified in the instructions. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside of the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- Have servicing performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
- Do not modify or attempt to repair the appliance except as indicated in the instructions for use and care.
- Keep the temperature range of between 4-40°C/40-104°F when charging battery, storing unit or during use.
- Use only with charger provided by manufacturer DONGGUAN YINLI ELECTRONICS CO LTD, Model YLS0041-T060015.
- Recharge only with the charger specified by the manufacturer. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack
- Unplug charger from electrical socket when not in use, before cleaning, maintaining or servicing the appliance, and if your appliance has an accessory tool with a moving brush, before connecting or disconnecting the tool.
- This appliance contains batteries that are non-replaceable.
- The battery must be removed from the appliance before it is scrapped.
- Do not use with damaged cable or charger. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
- Turn OFF all controls before unplugging.
- Switch OFF before cleaning or servicing.
- Do not leave machine unattended with Power Switch ON
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS MODEL IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
Thanks for buying a BISSELL® EasySweep™
We love to clean and we’re excited to share one of our innovative products with you. We want your EasySweep to work like new for the years to come, so this guide has tips on how to use, maintain and, if there’s a problem, troubleshoot.
Your EasySweep needs a little assembly before getting to work, so flip to the “Assembly” section and let’s get started!
Electric/electronic appliances should not be subjected to extreme temperatures or high humidity. Do not store the EasySweep in bathing areas or close to stoves, furnaces or radiators.
The EasySweep™ requires very little assembly. Remove it from the box and check it against the illustration to familiarize yourself with the components listed. The exploded view diagram with part names will also be helpful if you should need to order a part at a later time.
- Assemble the handle by taking the section with the non-slip grip (1) and the middle section which has grey connector pieces on each end (2). Insert the middle section (2) into the grip section (1) and twist to tighten into place. Next, take this assembled section and insert into the bottom section with a hole (3). Twist to tighten into place.
- Take the assembled handle and line up the bottom hole with the button on the swivel connector on top of the EasySweep. Push the button on the swivel connector down while pushing the assembled handle over the button, locking the handle into place.
- The EasySweep must be fully charged before using. To charge the unit, plug the charger into a standard electrical outlet (120v-60hz); plug the opposite end into the charging port on the back side of your EasySweep. The charging indicator light will illuminate when properly connected and will not turn off when fully charged. The EasySweep is now charging.
If your battery still fails to recharge or does not hold a charge of normal duration, call:
BISSELL Consumer Services 1-800-237-7691
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. ET
Saturday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Or visit our website at: www.bissell.com.au
Charging the Battery
- When completely charged, the EasySweep provides up to 45 minutes of cleaning time.
- When charging for the first time, allow to charge uninterrupted for at least 16 hours. Thereafter, charge at least 16 hours to fully renew the EasySweep™ battery. The charging indicator light will illuminate when properly connected and will not turn off when fully charged.
Note: The Power Switch must be in the OFF position when charging.
- Decreased operating time may indicate the battery has built up a resistance. To recharge, first completely exhaust the battery, recharge it, and then exhaust it again before recharging a second time. This procedure may be required more than once.
- When charging is complete, be sure to unplug the EasySweep from the charger.
EasySweep will not pick up crayons, marbles, and other large or hard objects.
Using your EasySweep
The EasySweep is a quick and easy way to clean your bare floors, low pile rugs and carpet.
- Tip back the handle into typical use position and gently tap the Power Switch on the sweeper with your foot.
Note: The unit will continue to run even if the Dirt Bin door is not closed.
- The handle swivels for easy maneuvering to clean your bare floors, low pile rugs and carpet.
- When done, turn OFF the unit by gently tapping the Power Switch with your foot and store for the next use.
Maintenance and Care
Emptying Dirt Bin
The Dirt Bin should be emptied after each use.
- Make sure the EasySweep™ is in the “OFF” position.
- Hold the base of the unit over a waste can to empty.
- Press the Dirt Bin release button and empty the contents into the waste can.
Note: The Dirt Bin opens from the bottom of the EasySweep
- Push the Dirt Bin door gently back into place.
- Clean exterior surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water only. Do not use a strong detergent or other cleaner – this may damage the finish. Always unplug the EasySweep from the charger before cleaning the surface
Disposal of Batteries
See the following instructions to dispose of the batteries after they have exceeded the battery life
This product contains a nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd) rechargeable battery pack. According to Federal and State regulations, removal and proper disposal of Ni-Cd batteries is required. For removal of the battery pack in your EasySweep, see instructions below
- IMPORTANT: Unplug charger.
- Remove handle then pry 4 wheels from bottom of sweeper.
- Remove (6) Phillips head screws on the bottom cover as shown in picture.
- Separate top and bottom cover.
- Remove wire connectors from the battery pack.
- Keep Battery Pack together – DO NOT separate individual batteries. For specific disposal instructions of batteries, please contact: RBRC (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) 1-800-822-8837 or visit www.rbrc.com Discard remainder of product.
Caution: Disconnecting the battery will destroy the appliance and invalidate the warranty.
|No power||The Dirt Bin may be full.||Make sure EasySweep has been properly plugged into an outlet for the recommended amount of time.|
|EasySweep operating but not picking up mess||The Dirt Bin may be full.||Empty out the Dirt Bin|
|Debris may be lodged in the EasySweep or may be too heavy for the sweeper to pick up||Empty out the Dirt Bin or avoid picking up large items with the EasySweep.|
|Dirt Bin door won’t open||A dirt jam gap between the Dirt Bin door and the bottom cover||Clean the gap thoroughly so the Dirt Bin door can drop smoothly.|
|Dirt Bin Release button won’t function||Dirt build-up in the Dirt Bin||Push the Dirt Bin release door on the bottom of the unit and the release button on the top of the unit at the same time.|
Other maintenance or service not included in the manual should be performed by an authorized service representative.
Thank you for selecting a BISSELL product.
This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, in addition to rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law. If you need additional instruction regarding this guarantee or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact your local BISSELL Consumer Services on the details set out below.
Limited 1 Year Guarantee (from the date of purchase by original purchaser)
*CONDITIONS OF THE GUARANTEE
Subject to whether such loss is reasonably foreseeable, BISSELL and its in-country distributors are not liable for incidental or consequential damages of any nature associated with the use of this product.
FOR AUSTRALIAN CONSUMERS ONLY:
OUR GOODS COME WITH GUARANTEES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REPLACEMENT OR REFUND FOR A MAJOR FAILURE AND FOR COMPENSATION FOR ANY OTHER REASONABLY FORESEEABLE LOSS OR DAMAGE. YOU ARE ALSO ENTITLED TO HAVE THE GOODS REPAIRED OR REPLACED IF THE GOODS FAIL TO BE OF ACCEPTABLE QUALITY AND THE FAILURE DOES NOT AMOUNT TO A MAJOR FAILURE.
THIS GUARANTEE IS IN ADDITION TO OTHER RIGHTS OR REMEDIES UNDER LAW. NOTHING IN THIS GUARANTEE EXCLUDES, LIMITS OR MODIFIES ANY LIABILITY OF BISSELL WHICH IS IMPOSED BY LAW, OR LIMITS OR MODIFIES ANY REMEDY AVAILABLE TO THE CONSUMER WHICH IS GRANTED BY LAW. TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS GUARANTEE CONTACT BISSELL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD (DETAILS BELOW). CONTACT BISSELL PRIOR TO RETURNING ANY GOODS. WHERE AGREED, BISSELL WILL REIMBUSE REASONABLE POSTAGE / HANDLING COSTS (IF ANY) FOR RETURNING GOODS TO BISSELL. TO CLAIM EXPENSES INCURRED IN MAKING A CLAIM UNDER THIS GUARANTEE PLEASE PROVIDE BISSELL WITH A COPY OF THE RECEIPT OF THE EXPENSES BY EMAIL OR POST.
If your BISSELL® product should require service or to claim under our limited guarantee, please contact us as follows:
New Zealand: 0800-247-735
BISSELL AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED 42 Rocco Dr. Scoresby 3179 Victoria Australia
Replacement parts and accessories are available for purchase.
To purchase visit www.BISSELL.com.au.