IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: READ ALL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR CROSSWAVE® CORDLESS.
Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance. When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should be observed, including the following:
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY:
- Use indoors only.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this user guide. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not charge with damaged cord or plug.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the charger, not the cord.
- Do not handle 3-in-1 Docking Station, charging plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep openings free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts of the appliance and its accessories.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in areas where they may be present.
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapors given off by oil-based paint, paint thinner, some moth-proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not use to pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner, etc.).
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
- Always install float before any wet pick-up operation.
- Do not pick up hard or sharp objects such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
- Use only BISSELL® cleaning products intended for use with this appliance to prevent internal component damage. See the Cleaning Formulas section of this guide.
- Keep appliance on a level surface.
- Do not carry the appliance while in use.
- Do not immerse. Use only on surfaces moistened by the cleaning process.
- Plastic film can be dangerous. To avoid danger of suffocation, keep away from babies and children.
- Always connect to a proper electrical socket.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use without filters in place.
- Turn OFF all controls before plugging or unplugging appliance.
- Do not charge the unit outdoors.
- Do not incinerate the appliance even if it is severely damaged.
The batteries can explode in a fire.
- Use only with charger SIL, Model SSC-420085US.
- Recharge appliance only with the charger specified by the manufacturer. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of injury and fire when used with another battery pack.
- When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects, like paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws or other small metal objects, that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause burns or a fire.
- Do not use a battery pack or appliance that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Do not expose a battery pack or appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 130°C / 265°F may cause explosion.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the battery pack or appliance outside of the temperature range 4-40°C / 40-104°F. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside this range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- Prevent unintentional starting. Ensure the switch is in the OFF-position before connecting to battery pack, picking up or carrying the appliance. Carrying the appliance with your finger on the switch or energizing appliance that have the switch on invites accidents.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
- Do not turn ON your appliance until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
- Risk of injury from moving parts. Brush may start unexpectedly. Turn OFF before cleaning or servicing.
- If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
- Have servicing performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
WARNING Do not turn ON your appliance on until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
WARNING Risk of injury from moving parts. Brush may start unexpectedly. Turn OFF before cleaning or servicing.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This model is for household use only. Commercial use of this unit voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
Thanks for buying a BISSELL® CrossWave ® Cordless
We love to clean and we’re excited to share one of our innovative products with you. We want your BISSELL CrossWave Cordless to work like new for the years to come, so this guide has tips on how to use, maintain and, if there’s a problem, troubleshoot.
Your BISSELL CrossWave Cordless needs a little assembly before getting to work, so flip to the “Assembly” section and let’s get started!
What’s In The Box?
NOTE: Standard accessories may vary by model. To identify what should be included with your purchase, please refer to the “Carton Contents” list located on the carton top flap.
Certain trademarks used under license from The Procter & Gamble Company or its affiliates.
|1 Upper Handle
2 SmartClean® Fingertip Controls
3 Clean Out Cycle Button and Battery Life Indicator
5 Float Stack
6 Easy Remove Brush Roll Window
7 Integrated Carry Handle
|8 Dirty Water Tank
10 Solution Spray Trigger
11 Clean Water Tank
12 Rinse Cup
13 3-in-1 Docking Station
14 Charging Adapter Plug
WARNING To reduce the risk of ﬁre and electric shock due to internal component damage, use only BISSELL® cleaning ﬂuids intended for use with the hard ﬂoor device.
Keep plenty of CrossWave formulas onhand so you can clean your hard floors and area rugs whenever it fits your schedule.
Always use CrossWave formulas in your machine. Other solutions may harm themachine and void the warranty.
|Multi-Surface Formula||Wood Floor Formula||Area Rug Formula||Multi-Surface Pet with Febreze®
|Great for cleaning ALL sealed floors and area rugs||Restore your sealed wood floors’ natural shine||Removes stuck-on and embedded dirt from area rugs||Removes pet odors to clean and refresh|
ATTENTION This machine is designed to be used on sealed hard ﬂ oors and area rugs.
WARNING Do not plug in your CrossWave® Cordless until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
- Insert Handle into Body of unit until you hear a “click”.
- Then, on the back of the machine, align Clean Water Tank with the grooves and slide tank into place until you hear a “click”.
- Wrap the Charging Adapter Cord around the tabs on the bottom of the 3-in-1 Docking Station.
- Slide the overhang in the middle of the Brush Roll Drying Tray with Rinse Funnel down into the opening on the Storage Tray that is indicated with arrows. Then, place the Rinse Cup into the Rinse Funnel.NOTE: The 3-in-1 Docking Station functions as a Rinse and Clean Out Tray, Charging Station and Storage Tray for the machine and Brush Roll.
Charging the Battery
- Lift and place your CrossWave® Cordless onto the 3-in-1 Docking Station to charge.
- Plug the adapter into a suitable wall outlet. The Battery Life Indicator Lights will illuminate when charging. If LED lights do not turn on, realign the unit on the 3-in-1 Docking Station.
- For maximum run time, charge unit for 4 hours prior to use. Refer to chart below to understand the charging status.
NOTE: Make sure unit is fully charged before first use. To check the battery status, remove the unit from the charging base and turn the unit ON by pressing either the Area Rug or Hard Floor Button. Battery is fully charged when all three white status lights are illuminated.
Battery LED Display
WARNING Overcharging may cause battery damage, ﬁre or explosion.
Your BISSELL® CrossWave® Cordless has a Battery LED light display that will turn on when the unit is ON or charging to show the battery life status. The LED lights are white, but one will be blinking red when the battery is at less than 10%.
TIP: Be sure to charge unit when there is less than 10% power left, one LED flashing red.
|Battery Status||LED Color||Light Behavior|
|100% to 70%||White||3 lights on|
|69% to 40%||White||2 lights on|
|39% to 10%||White||1 light on|
|9% to 1%||Red||1 light blinking, 2 second fade in and out|
NOTE: Keep the temperature range between 4-40°C / 40-104 °F when charging the battery, storing unit or during use.
Filling the Clean Water Tank
- Lift the Clean Water Tank straight up to remove from the machine.
- Unscrew the cap from the Clean Water Tank. The Clean Water Tank has two measuring volumes depending on the amount of space you would like to clean.
- The Clean Water Tank has a Large Area volume and a Small Area volume. Pick one of the measuring volumes that best suits the space that you would like to clean.
The Large Area fill lines are for areas up to 700 sqft.
The Small Area fill lines are for areas under 350 sqft.
Use warm (140°F/60°C max) tap water and add the appropriate BISSELL formula.
- Screw the cap back onto the Clean Water Tank.
On the back of the machine, align Clean Water Tank with the grooves and slide tank into place until you hear a “click”.
Cleaning Your Floors
ATTENTION Do not overwet carpet. Be careful not to run over loose objects or edges of area rugs. Stalling the brush may result in premature belt failure.
- Select cleaning mode:
To start cleaning your hard floors, turn the machine ON by pressing the HARD FLOOR Button or RUG Button. Once the setting is selected, the dry vacuum will turn ON. To turn OFF, press the HARD FLOOR Button or RUG Button a second time.Area Rug Mode dispenses twice as much solution as Hard Floor Mode. Before cleaning area rugs, check the manufacturer’s tag and test an inconspicuous spot on the rug for colorfastness.
Do not use on silk or delicate rugs.
- Recline the Body of the machine backward to start the Brush Roll spinning. To stop the Brush Roll spinning, you will need to stand the machine upright.
- Before each use, hold the Solution Spray Trigger for 10 seconds to prime the system with cleaning solution. LED lights illuminate when holding the trigger.
NOTE: When solution is flowing, you will see bubbles forming at the edges of the Brush Roll Window.
- To clean, hold the Solution Spray Trigger to apply solution on both forward and backward passes.
- To dry floors faster, release the trigger and clean a second pass without dispensing solution.
TIP: When cleaning excessively dirty or muddy hard floors, or if your Brush Roll looks dirty, use the 3-in-1 Docking Station to rinse your Brush Roll before cleaning your area rugs.
TIP: For overly challenging and stuck-on messes on your hard floors, activate the RUG mode and hold your CrossWave® Cordless over the mess. Using short passes while holding the trigger allows the multi-surface brush to go to work.
Using the 3-in-1 Docking Station
WARNING To reduce the risk of ﬁ re, electric shock or injury, turn power OFF and disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or roubleshooting.
NOTE: The unit will begin to charge once it is docked, assuming the 3-in-1 Docking Station is plugged in. Charging will pause when running the Clean Out Cycle. Once the
Clean Out Cycle is complete, charging will resume.
- Place unit on 3-in-1 Docking Station.
- Fill Rinse Cup with water.
- Pour water into the Rinse Funnel on the 3-in-1 Docking Station to the MAX fill line.
- Hold down Clean Out Button on top of the Carry Handle. The cycle only runs when the button is held down.
- Hold down Clean Out Button for about 10 to 15 seconds to allow unit to flush out and pick up all the water. Repeat as needed.
- Grasp Brush Roll Window at the front of the window face and pull upward to remove.
NOTE: The 3-in-1 Docking Station needs to be plugged into an outlet in order to run the Clean Out Cycle. If the Clean Out Button is held down over a minute, the unit will stop cleaning automatically.
Documents / Resources
|BISSELL 2551 Series Crosswave Cordless Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum [pdf] User Guide|
2551 Series Crosswave Cordless Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum, 2551 Series, Crosswave Cordless Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum, Cordless Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum, Multi-Surface Wet Dry Vacuum, Wet Dry Vacuum, Dry Vacuum, Vacuum