MG 206 HD-enjoy
Thank you for choosing one of our products. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for applications in the areas of heat, weight, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, beauty, baby and air. Please read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use, be sure to make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain. With kind regards,
Your Beurer team
Items included in the package:
- Shiatsu seat cover
- These operating instructions
- The unit is only intended for domestic/private use, not for commercial use.
- This device may be used by children over the age of 8 and by people with reduced physical, sensory or mental skills or a lack of experience or knowledge, provided that they are supervised or have been instructed on how to use the device safely, and are fully aware of the consequent risks of use.
- Children must not play with the device.
- Cleaning and user maintenance must not be performed by children unless supervised.
- If the mains connection cable of this device is damaged, it must be dis-posed of. If it cannot be removed, the device must be disposed of.
Explanation of symbols
The following symbols are used in the operating instructions and on the type plate:
WARNING Warning of risks of injury or health hazards.
CAUTION Safety information about possible damage to appliance/accessories.
Note Important information.
The device has double protective insulation and therefore complies with protection class 2.
Only use indoors.
About Shiatsu massage
Shiatsu is a form of body massage which was originally developed in Japan around 100 years ago. It is based on ideas anchored in traditional Chinese medicine, in particular the meridian system, i.e. the paths in the human body along which energy is conveyed.
The aim of any Shiatsu massage is to promote the physical, emotional and mental wellbeing of the person being treated. To do this, energy blocks and bottlenecks in the meridians need to be dissolved and the selfregulating ability of the body needs to be stimulated.
Shiatsu therapists achieve this by exercising pressure in flowing movements along the meridians. Although Shiatsu can be literally translated as “finger pressure”, practitioners also use the heels of their hands, their elbows and knees as well as their fingers. In the process, the therapist will use his or her full body weight in order to generate the required pressure.
Getting to know your appliance
Your Shiatsu massage device has rotating massage heads which imitate the pressure and kneading motions of a Shiatsu massage. This device, with its vertically moving and rotating massage heads, offers a powerful, intensive deep massage over the entire back. You have to place the Shiatsu seat cover on a suitable seat pad for this purpose. The device is only for private use and is not intended for medical or commercial purposes.
This device is solely intended for massaging the backs of human beings. It cannot replace medical treatment. Do not use the massage device if any of the following warnings apply to you.
Use of the massage device is prohibited in the following cases:
- not with changes caused by disease or injury in the back region (e.g. disc problems, open wounds),
- not during pregnancy,
- never while you sleep,
- not in the car,
- not on animals,
- not during activities during which an unexpected reaction may be dangerous,
- not while ingesting substances that reduce reaction times (e.g. painkiller medications, alcohol),
- never longer than 15 minutes (risk of overheating) and allow it to cool off for at least 15 minutes before using it again.
Please consult your doctor if you are unsure whether or not the massage device is suitable for you.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not use the device as a toy. You should consult your doctor before using the massage device if:
- you suffer from a serious illness or are recovering from an operation on the upper body,
- you are fitted with a cardiac pacemaker, implant or other aid,
- in case of pains of unclarified origin.
The device is only intended for the purpose described in these operating instructions. The manufacturer cannot be held liable for damage occurring as a result of inappropriate or careless use.
Please read these operating instructions carefully. Failure to observe the information provided below can lead to personal injury or material damage. Keep these instructions in a safe place where they can also be read by other persons using the device. Always pass on these instructions together with the appliance if you sell it or pass it on.
WARNING Keep children away from the packaging materials. Risk of suffocation.
WARNING: Electric shock Just like any other electrical appliance, this massage device must be handled with due care and attention in order to prevent the risk of electric shock. For this reason, the device must only be operated as follows:
- With the mains voltage specified on the device only.
- Do not use the device if damage to the device itself or any of its accessories is evident.
- Never use the appliance during a thunderstorm.
In the event of a defect or malfunction, switch the device off immediately and disconnect it from the power supply. Never pull on the power cable or on the appliance in order to disconnect the plug from the mains outlet. Never hold or carry the device by the power cable. Keep the cables away from hot surfaces. Do not pinch, kink or twist the cables. Do not stick in any pins, needles or sharp objects. Make sure that the massage device, the switch, the power supply unit and the cable do not come into contact with water, steam or other fluids. For this reason, the device must only be operated as follows:
- Only in dry inside rooms (e.g. never in the bathtub or sauna).
- Only with dry hands.
Never try to retrieve the device if it falls into water. Disconnect the plug immediately from the mains outlet. Do not use the device if damage to the device itself or any of its accessories is evident. Do not subject the device to any impact and do not drop it.
- Repairs to electrical appliances must only be carried out by qualified persons. Incorrect repairs can lead to considerable danger for the user. In the event of repairs, please contact our customer service or an authorized dealer.
- The zip fastener on the Shiatsu massage device must not be opened. It is only fitted for reasons relating to the manufacturing of the device.
There is a risk of fire if the device is used incorrectly or if it is not used according to these operating instructions. For this reason, the massage device must only be operated as follows:
- Never use the device under covers, such as blankets or pillows.
- Never use the device in the vicinity of petrol or other easily flammable materials.
Switch the device off and disconnect the power supply after every use and before every cleaning.
- Never insert any objects into openings on the device, and never insert anything into the rotating parts. Make sure that all moving parts can move freely at all times.
- Operate the device in an upright position only, never place it flat on the floor.
- Never sit or stand on the moving parts of the device with all your weight and do not place objects on the device.
- Keep the device away from high temperatures.
For environmental reasons, do not dispose of the device in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Dispose of the unit at a suitable local collection or recycling point. Dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment). If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
Shiatsu massage pillow (front)
- Protective cover
- Four massage heads
- Fastening straps
- Hand switch
- Storage bag
- Removable seat cushion
- Coat hanger loops (rear)
- Mains cable
- timer button (5 10 15 minutes)
- A+B button (entire back massage)
- A button (upper back massage)
- B button (lower back massage)
- heat button (heat)
- demo button
- Fasten the protective cover to the surface of the Shiatsu seat cover with the Velcro straps. It is also possible to massage without the protective cover; this is generally found to be “harder”.
- Position the seat cover upright on a suitable seating arrangement with seating surface and backrest (chair, sofa, or similar). Ensure that the seat cover is supported over its entire area and has a sufficiently high backrest.
- Use the flexible fastening straps and Velcro strips to secure the Shiatsu seat cover.
- Connect the device to the mains power supply.
Gently press your back against the massage device to start with. Then make sure that you are in a comfortable position before gradually shifting your weight onto the massage device.The massage must be pleasant and relaxing at all times. Stop the massage or change your position or the contact pressure if you find it is painful or unpleasant.
- Do not force any part of your body, in particular your fingers, between the rotating massage heads and their mountings in the device.
- Sit comfortably and upright on the seat cover. Ensure you sit centered and such that the massage heads can move to the left and right of your spinal column.
- Switch on the massage device with the button. Select the region you wish to massage with the A+B/A/B button. The LED lamp indicates the massage region set.
- You can activate the heat function of the massage heads by pressing the heat button .
- The Shiatsu massage unit with rotating massage heads slowly moves upwards from the starting position in the lowest region of the back and moves up and down in the massage region set. Application only at a single point is not possible, as the rotational movement and the displacement up and down are coupled.
- The automatic switch-off function is activated with selection of the massage region and is preset to 15 minutes. You can set the automatic switch-off function to 5, 10 or 15 minutes by pressing the timer button. Please note that changing the timer setting makes the timer start to count again from the beginning. To avoid overheating the device, select the maximum massage duration at the beginning of the massage and do not change it again during the massage.
- Do not use the massage device for longer than 15 minutes and then allow it to cool. Using the device for longer can over-stimulate the muscles and cause tension instead of relaxation. The massage can be finished at any time by pressing the button. Please note that on switching off, the massage heads first return to the starting position at the lumbar region. This is indicated by the LED flashing. Once this position is reached, the device switches off.
- Do not disconnect the device from the mains supply during operation. Always switch it off only once it has reached the starting position at the bottom. · Do not use the massage device for longer than 15 minutes and then allow it to cool. Using the device for longer can over-stimulate the muscles and cause tension instead of relaxation.
Care and storage
- Disconnect the device before cleaning it.
- Only clean the appliance in the manner specified. Fluid must never be allowed to enter into the device or accessories.
- Smaller stains can be removed using a cloth or moist sponge together with a little liquid detergent for delicate fabrics if necessary. Do not use any cleaning agents containing solvents.
- The removable cover is machine-washable at 40 °C. Please follow the cleaning and care symbols on the label which is sewn into the cover.
- Do not use the device again until it is completely dry.
If you do not use the device for longer periods, we recommend storing it in the original packaging in a dry place without weighting it down. Alternatively, you can hang the device in a wardrobe with a coat hanger. To do so, the coat hanger must be threaded through the hanging loops on the rear side of the device.
In the event of problems
|Massage heads rotating at reduced speed.||The load on the massage heads is too great.||Reduce the contact pressure on the head.|
|Massage heads only rotate in the upper or lower region.||The massage has been activated for the limited region.||Press the A+B/A/B buttons to change or extend the area.|
|Massage heads not moving.||Appliance not connected to the power supply.||Connect the plug to the mains supply and switch on the appliance.|
|Device not switched on.||Switch the device on with . Select the massage region.|
|Overheating protection tripped, device is damaged.||Contact your authorized dealer or the service address.|
Subject to errors and changes