beurer MG180 Deep Tissue Massager Instruction Manual
Read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use, be sure to make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain.
- The device is only intended for domestic/private use, not for commercial use.
- This device may be used by children over the age of 8 and by people with reduced physical, sensory or mental skills or a lack of experience or knowledge, provided that they are supervised or have been instructed on how to use the device safely, and are fully aware of the consequent risks of use.
- Children must not play with the device.
- Cleaning and user maintenance must not be performed by children unless supervised.
- If the mains connection cable of this device is damaged, it must be disposed of. If it cannot be removed, the device must be disposed of.
- Under no circumstances should you open or repair the device yourself, as faultless functionality can no longer be guaranteed thereafter. Failure to observe this will invalidate the warranty.
- Do not insert any objects into the opening in the device or into the moving parts. Ensure that the moving parts can move freely at all times.
- Do not force or jam any part of your body, in particular your fingers, between the moving massage elements or their holder in the device.
Thank you for choosing a product from our range. Our name is synonymous with high-quality,
thoroughly tested products for applications in the areas of heat, weight, blood pressure, body
temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, beauty and air. Please read these instructions for
use carefully and keep them for later use, make them accessible to other users, and observe
the information they contain.
With kind regards,
Your Beurer team.
1. Getting to know your device
Using this Deep Tissue Massager, you can provide yourself or others with a soothing, effective
trigger point massage with no help required. Trigger point massages can relax the muscles or be
stimulating and work effectively to relieve strained muscles, aches and fatigue. The Deep Tissue
Massager provides a powerful, intensive massage for the thighs, calves, shoulders, arms and
back region (excluding the spine).
2. Included in delivery
Check that the exterior of the cardboard delivery packaging is intact and make sure that all contents are present. Before use, ensure that the Deep Tissue Massager and the attachments show no visible damage.
- 1 x Deep Tissue Massager
- 6 x attachments
- 1 x mains adapter
- 1 x set of these instructions for use
3. Signs and symbols
The following symbols are used on the device, in these instructions for use, on the packaging
and on the type plate for the device:
4. Proper use
Use the Deep Tissue Massager and the attachments only for massage treatment on the legs,
shoulders, arms and back region (excluding the spine). The Deep Tissue Massager and the attachments are NOT intended for use on the head or face or in the pubic area.
Only use the Deep Tissue Massager with the attachments included in delivery. The Deep Tissue
Massager and the attachments are not medical devices, but massage treatment devices. The
Deep Tissue Massager is only suitable for personal use, not for medical or commercial purposes.
The device may only be used for the purpose for which it is designed and in the manner specified in the instructions for use. Any form of improper use can be dangerous. The manufacturer is not liable for damage resulting from improper or careless use. Do not use the massager if one or several of the following warnings and safety notes applies to you. If you are unsure whether the massager is suitable for you, please consult your doctor.
5. Warnings and safety notes
- Do not use the device if you suffer from a medical abnormality or injury in the area to be massaged (e.g. slipped disc, open wounds).
- Do not use the device if you wear a pacemaker.
- Under no circumstances use the device for massaging the area around the heart.
- Never use the device on swollen, burnt, inflamed or injured skin and body parts.
- Do not use the device on cuts, capillaries, varicose veins, acne, couperose, herpes or other skin diseases.
- Do not use the device during pregnancy.
- Do not use the device on the head.
- Do not use the device on the face (eyes), the larynx or other particularly sensitive body parts.
- Do not use the device on the spine.
- Do not use the device in the pubic area.
- Never use the device while sleeping.
- Do not use the device on animals.
- Do not use the device after the consumption of medicines or alcohol (reduced cognition!).
- Do not use the device in a vehicle.
You should consult your doctor before using the device, especially
- if you suffer from a severe illness
- if you have a pacemaker, implant or other aids
- if you suffer from thrombosis
- if you suffer from diabetes
- if you are suffering from pain, the cause of which is unknown
- Keep packaging material away from children. Choking hazard!
- Keep the attachments away from children. Choking hazard!
- Make sure that the device does not come into contact with water or other liquids.
- Never reach for a device that is submerged in water.
- Children must be supervised at all times whilst using the device.
There is a risk of fire if the device is used improperly or these instructions for use are ignored.
The following rules apply when using the device:
- Always supervise the device when it is in use, especially if there are children nearby.
- Never use the device underneath a cover, such as a blanket, pillow, etc.
- Never use the device near petrol or other highly flammable substances.
- Only use the device in dry interior rooms (e.g. never in the bath or sauna).
- Before use, ensure that the device and the attachments show no visible damage. If you have
any doubts, do not use the device and contact your retailer or the specified Customer Service address.
- Never open the housing.
- Keep the device away from pointed or sharp objects.
- If the device has been dropped or has suffered any other damage, it must no longer be used.
- Switch off the device after every use and before cleaning.
- Never use the device for periods of longer than 15 minutes (risk of overheating). Allow the device to cool down for at least 15 minutes before using it again.
- Only use the device with the supplied accessories.
- Protect the device and the attachments from knocks, dust, chemicals, drastic changes in temperature, electromagnetic fields and nearby sources of heat (ovens, heaters).
Notes on handling batteries
- If your skin or eyes come into contact with fluid from a battery cell, flush out the affected areas with water and seek medical assistance.
- Choking hazard! Small children may swallow and choke on batteries. Therefore, store batteries out of the reach of small children.
- If a battery has leaked, put on protective gloves to dispose of the device.
- Protect batteries from excessive heat.
- Risk of explosion! Never throw batteries into a fire.
- Do not disassemble, split or crush the batteries.
- Only use chargers specified in the instructions for use.
- Only charge the device using the supplied mains adapter.
- In order to achieve as long a battery service life as possible, fully charge the battery at least 2
times a year.
- Always switch the device off in advance of charging.
- Batteries must be charged correctly prior to use. The instructions from the manufacturer and the specifications in these instructions for use regarding correct charging must be observed at all times.
- Never attempt to repair the device yourself!
- Only specialist personnel may perform repairs on electrical devices. Under no circumstances
should you open or repair the device yourself, as faultless functionality can no longer be guaranteed thereafter. Improper repairs may subject users to considerable danger. For repairs, please contact Customer Services or an authorised retailer. Failure to observe this will invalidate the warranty.
6. Device description
6.1 Deep Tissue Massager
7. Initial use
Before using the Deep Tissue Massager for the first time, charge it first for a minimum of 3 ½
hours. To do so, proceed as follows:
- Connect the supplied mains adapter to the Deep Tissue Massager. The connection for the mains adapter is located on the bottom of the handle of the Deep Tissue Massager.
- Then insert the mains adapter into a suitable socket.
Whilst the device is charging, all 5 LEDs flash from right to left. As soon as the Deep Tissue Massager is fully charged, all 5 LEDs will light up permanently. The battery will last for approx. 3 hours of operation when fully charged. Charge the Deep Tissue Massager again as soon as only one red LED flashes when operating the device.
8. Using the device
8.1 Notes on use
The massage treatment must feel pleasant at all times. A slight haematoma may well occur – this
is a positive therapeutic effect as the use of the Deep Tissue Massager can selectively encourage
your blood flow. In isolated cases, areas of redness may also occur on the skin. If you experience
excessive skin irritation, stop using the Deep Tissue Massager and consult a doctor. Depending
on how tense/tight your muscles are, we recommend using the device for approx. 10-15 minutes
on the area you wish to treat (legs, shoulders, arms and back).
8.2 Selecting/changing the attachment
Before starting the massage, you first need to choose the right attachment. Section “6.2 Attachments” contains a list of all the attachments and what they are best suited for.
To change an attachment, proceed as follows:
8.3 Switching the device on/selecting the vibration level
The Deep Tissue Massager comes with an automatic switch-off function. This means that the
Deep Tissue Massager automatically switches off after a period of use of 15 minutes.
- Slide the ON/OFF switch on the bottom of the handle to the “ON” position.
- To now switch on the Deep Tissue Massager, press and hold the ON/OFF button for 2 seconds. The battery state indicator begins to light up and the massage starts.
- To switch between the four vibration settings, briefly press the ON/OFF button. If the device is in the fourth vibration setting and you press the ON/OFF button again, the Deep Tissue Massager will switch off. You can also switch off the Deep Tissue Massager directly whilst it is in use by pressing and holding the ON/OFF button for 2 seconds. The battery state indicator goes out and the massage stops.
- Once the treatment is complete, slide the ON/OFF switch on the bottom of the handle to the “OFF” position.
8.4 Examples of use
Lower legs, thighs and calves
Shoulders, arms and back
Make sure that the massager is not rolled directly over your bones.
9. Cleaning and maintenance
- Switch off the device each time before cleaning.
- Clean the device with a slightly damp cloth only.
- Clean the device using only the methods specified. Under no circumstances may liquid enter
- Do not use the device again until it is completely dry.
- Do not clean the device in the dishwasher.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaning products or hard brushes.
If you do not plan to use the Deep Tissue Massager for a long period of time, we recommend
that you store it in the original packaging in a dry environment, ensuring it is not weighed down
by additional items.
10. What if there are problems?
The empty, completely flat batteries must be disposed of through specially designated collection
boxes, recycling points or electronics retailers. You are legally required to dispose of the batteries.
The codes below are printed on batteries containing
Pb = battery contains lead
Cd = battery contains cadmium
Hg = battery contains mercury
For environmental reasons, do not dispose of the device in the household waste at the end of its
Dispose of the device at a suitable local collection or recycling point in your country.
Dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive – WEEE (Waste Electrical and
Electronic Equipment). If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities
responsible for waste disposal.
12. Technical specifications
Further information on the guarantee and guarantee conditions can be found in the guarantee leaflet supplied.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|beurer MG180 Deep Tissue Massager [pdf] Instruction Manual|
MG180, Deep Tissue Massager, MG180 Deep Tissue Massager