beurer Manicure Pedicure Set Instructions
READ THIS MANUAL COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
If the instruction manual is damaged or if you no longer have the instruction manual in your possession, please contact customer service. Please see warranty for service contact.
Beurer North America LP
1 Oakwood Blvd. Suite 255
Hollywood, FL 33020 USA
Questions or Comments? Call our US-based customer service toll free at 1-800-536-0366.
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing one of our products. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for application in the areas of heating, weight management, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, and beauty.
Register your product today to receive further benefits:
- added protection for your purchase
- health and wellness tips
- new product information
- continual outstanding customer service and support.
Visit www.registerbeurer.com or contact customer service at 1-800-536-0366. Please read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use. Make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain.
With kind regards,
Your Beurer Team
1. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTES
Signs and symbols
Whenever used, the following signs identify safety and property damage messages and designate a level of hazard or seriousness.
READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS ENTIRE MANUAL INCLUDING THE SAFETY SECTION AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS TO AVOID HAZARDOUS SITUATIONS AND TO USE THIS PRODUCT CORRECTLY.
WARNING: indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
NOTICE: addresses practices not related to personal injury,such as product and/or property damage.
- Read these instructions carefully before use.
- Ensure the device is undamaged before use. If any malfunction should occur during use, shut the device off immediately and remove the plug from the electrical outlet. Contact Customer Service.
- If the power supply is damaged, discontinue use immediately.
- Plug the device only into an electrical outlet as specified on the rating plate.
- This device is solely for treatment of hands (manicure) and feet (pedicure) as described in these instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible for damage caused by improper or careless use.
- Children are not aware of the dangers associated with electrical appliances. Ensure the device is not used by children without supervision.
- Keep the device and packaging materials out of the reach of children.
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with restricted physical, sensory or mental capabilities and/or by persons lacking the required understanding of the equipment and how it is used, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not open the device. Failure to comply invalidates the warranty. Do not adjust or repair the device yourself. Repairs must only be carried out by Customer Service or authorized suppliers.
- Do not use the device when bathing or showering. Do not store or keep the device in places from where it could fall into a bath or wash basin.
- Never immerse the device in water or other liquids.
- If the device has dropped into water, unplug the power adapter immediately.
- Ensure your hands are dry before handling either the device or the plug-in power unit.
- After use, before cleaning and changing any accessory parts, always unplug the power adapter from the electrical outlet. Ensure that the Power Switch on the device is in the center position (off) before connecting the device to an electrical outlet.
- Check results regularly during treatment.
- Do not use on animals.
- This product is for personal, household use only and is not intended for medical or commercial purposes.
- The surface of the unit may be hot; persons insensitive to heat must exercise extra caution when using.
- In case of prolonged intensive use, the device might get hot. In order to prevent skin burns in these situations, take breaks between each use. For your own safety, constantly monitor heat build-up in the device.
- The appliance must be checked frequently for signs of wear or damage. If such signs are present, or if the appliance has been used improperly, it must be returned to the manufacturer or the retailer before further use.
- Use the device only with the accessories provided.
- Never leave the device unattended when it is in operation.
- Keep the device away from sources of heat.
- Do not use the device under blankets, pillows etc.
- Do not pull on the power cord or instrument to unplug the plug-in power unit from the socket outlet.
- Keep hair away from the rotating attachment during use.
- Do not exert heavy pressure during use; guide the attachments gently over the treatment area in a circular motion.
- Always ensure that the spindle can rotate freely.
- Consult your doctor before using this product if you:
– are not sure whether it is suitable for you
– suffer from a serious illness
– have diabetes or thrombosis
– have pains of unclear origin
- For hygienic reasons, only use the device on one person.
- Attachments may have a reduced effect if the treatment area is softened or moist. For this reason, do not use immediately after bathing.
- Do not use this device longer than 20 minutes continuously. Let device cool for at least 15 minutes before reuse.
- Do not completely remove all the callused skin in order to retain the skin’s natural protection.
2. Package Contents
- Manicure/Pedicure Set MP 42
- 7 high-quality attachments (6 sapphire attachments and 1 felt attachment)
- Dust shield
- Power adapter
- Storage case
- Instructions for use
This manicure and pedicure instrument includes seven high-quality attachments with a long-life sapphire coating or polishing felt. Together with the five speed settings and 2-way rotation, professional quality foot and nail care is possible at home. All attachments can be easily stored in the storage case. The integrated LED provides directional lighting for ease of use.
To ensure adequate power at all times for good and powerful treatment of the feet and nails, this instrument is provided with a detachable power unit.
4. To Use
- Select an attachment and gently push it onto the spindle. To remove, pull the attachment straight out.
- Switch the device on by sliding the power switch back for a counterclockwise rotation (the Power LED will illuminate in red) or forward for clockwise rotation (the Power LED will illuminate in green).
- All file and cutting attachments are coated with a sapphire grain. This ensures long life. Do not exert heavy pressure and always guide the attachments carefully in circular movements slowly over the parts to be treated.
- Press the Speed Buttons (+ and –) to select a rotation speed. Start every treatment at low speed and increase only as required.
- Always ensure that the spindle can rotate freely. It must never be permanently jammed; otherwise, the instrument will become too hot and suffer damage.
- Blue Speed Indicator LEDs will illuminate to indicate the selected speed from one to five.
- Check the results during treatment. This is particulary important for diabetics, since their hands and feet are less sensitive.
- After every use, apply moisturizing cream to the parts treated.
Since the attachments are of a high quality and improper use can lead to injury, handle the attachments carefully. Use extra caution when operating the device at high speeds.
The following attachments are provided with your appliance:
1 – Flame milling cutter
Removes ingrown nails. Carefully guide the flame cutter over to the treatment area in order to remove parts of the nail as necessary.
2 – Cylindrical milling cutter
Grinds and smooths lignified foot nail surfaces. Apply the milling cutter horizontally to the nail surface and remove the unwanted layer of nail using slow circular movements.
3 – Felt cone
Smooths and polishes the edge of the nail after filing and cleans the nail surface. Always polish in circular movements and do not allow the felt cone to rest in one place.
4 – Sapphire cone
Removes dry skin or calluses from the soles of the feet and heels; also manicures nails.
5 – Sapphire callus rasp
Rapidly removes stubborn calluses and hard skin on the soles of feet and heels.
6 – Coarse Sapphire Disc
Files and treats nails. Shortens thick nails. Quickly removes large areas of the nail, so proceed with caution when using this attachment.
7 – Fine Sapphire Disc
Files and treats nails. Only the inner disk rotates, while the outer cover remains stationary; this enables precise filing while minimizing the risk of skin burns.
8 – Dust Shield
Keeps dust and debris away from hands and face. Clip into place after inserting desired attachment.
Always work from the outside of the nail towards the tip. Always check results regularly during treatment. If treatment becomes unpleasant, stop immediately.
6. Care, Maintenance and Disposal
Turn the unit off and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet before cleaning the device. Clean the device with a slightly moistened cloth. You can also moisten the cloth with a mild detergent to remove stubborn stains. Keep water out of the device. If water does contact the device, let it dry thoroughly before using. Clean the attachments with a cloth or brush moistened with alcohol; dry them carefully afterwards. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the device.
Observe the local regulations for material disposal. Dispose of the device in accordance with local regulations. If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
7. Replacement Parts
A complete replacement set (UPC 853879007577) is available on www.amazon.com. The following parts are included:
8. Technical Specifications
9. FCC Compliance Information
Manicure/Pedicure Set MP 42
Responsible Party – U.S. Contact Information:
Beurer North America LP
1 Oakwood Boulevard, Suite 255
Hollywood, FL 33020
FCC Compliance Statement
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Limited Lifetime Warranty For Original Purchaser
Your Beurer Manicure/Pedicure Set, model MP 42, is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product under normal conditions of intended use and service. This warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and does not extend to retailers or subsequent owners.
We will, at our option, repair or replace the Beurer Manicure/Pedicure Set, model MP 42, without additional charge, for any part or parts covered by these written warranties. No refunds will be given. Repair or replacement is our only responsibility and your only remedy under this written warranty. If replacement parts for defective materials are not available, Beurer reserves the right to make product substitutions in lieu of repair or replacement.
For warranty service contact our customer service department at 1-800-536-0366 or at [email protected] to provide a description of the problem. If the problem is deemed to be within the scope of the limited lifetime warranty, you will be asked to mail the product at your costs in its original package with proof of purchase, your name, address and phone number. If the problem is not deemed to be within the scope of the limited lifetime warranty, we will provide a quotation for repair respectively replacement and return shipping fee.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; misapplication; lack of reasonable care with respect to the product; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; old worn batteries; normal wear; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part as a result of failure to comply with instructions for use or to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transit damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of Beurer. This warranty is void if the product is ever used in a commercial or business environment. The maximum liability of Beurer under this warranty is limited to the purchase price actually paid by the customer for the product covered by the warranty, as confirmed by proof of purchase, regardless of the amount of any other direct or indirect damage suffered by the customer.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adaptation to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE
WARRANTY. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WAR RANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS APPLICABLE WRITTEN WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BEURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHATSOEVER.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Beurer does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a retailer or remote purchaser, to obligate Beurer in any way beyond the terms set forth herein.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate in connection with any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior explicitly written consent of Beurer.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit:
Beurer North America LP
1 Oakwood Blvd. Suite 255
Hollywood, FL 33020 USA
Questions or comments?
Call toll free 1-800-536-0366 or contact [email protected]
Made in China.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Manicure Pedicure Set, MP 42