Beurer Foot Massager
READ THIS MANUAL COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
Keep this manual in a safe location for future reference
Distributed by: Beurer North America LP 1 Oakwood Boulevard,
Suite 255 Hollywood,
FL 33020, USA
Questions or comments? Call our US-based customer service toll-free at 1-800-536-0366.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE If the instruction manual is damaged or if you no longer have the instruction manual in your possession, please contact Beurer customer service. Please see warranty for service contact.
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing one of our products. Our name stands for high-quality, thoroughly tested products for application in the areas of heating, weight management, blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, gentle therapy, massage, and beauty.
Register your product today to receive further benefits:
- added protection for your purchase.
- health and wellness tips. · new product information.
- continual outstanding customer service and support.
Visit www.registerbeurer.com or contact customer service at 1-800-536-0366.
Please read these instructions for use carefully and keep them for later use. Make them accessible to other users and observe the information they contain.
With kind regards,
Your Beurer Team
1. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Signs and symbols
Whenever used, the following signs identify safety and property damage messages and designate a level of hazard or seriousness.
READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS ENTIRE MANUAL INCLUDING THE SAFETY SECTION AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS TO AVOID HAZARDOUS SITUATIONS AND TO MAKE CORRECT USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
WARNING To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or serious personal injury:
- This product is for personal, household use only and is not intended for medical or commercial purposes.
- This unit is intended for the massage of the feet. Do not use the device if any of the following warnings apply to you. Consult your doctor if you are unsure whether the massage device is suitable for you.
- Do not use the massager:
- If you have changes caused by disease or injury in your foot (e.g. open wounds, warts, fungal infection)
- On children
- On animals
- Longer than 15 minutes
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with restricted physical, sensory or mental capabilities and/or by persons lacking the required understanding of the equipment and how it is used unless they are supervised by a person who is responsible for their safety or they are given instructions on how to use the device.
- Consult your doctor before using the device if you:
- are not sure whether the device is suitable for you
- suffer from a serious illness or are recovering from a foot operation
- have diabetes or thrombosis
- have leg or foot conditions (e.g. varicose veins, vein inflammations)
- have pains of unclear origin
- Keep children away from the packaging materials.
- Children must not play with the device.
- Just like any other electrical appliance, this device must be handled with due care and attention in order to prevent the risk of electric shock. For this reason, the device must only be
- operated with the voltage specified on the device.
- Never use the device during a thunderstorm.
- In the event of a malfunction, switch the device off immediately and disconnect it from the power supply. Never pull on the power cable or on the appliance in order to disconnect the plug from the electrical outlet. Never hold or carry the device by the power cable. Keep the cables away from hot surfaces. Never open the device for any reason.
- If the power cord of the device is damaged, discontinue use immediately and call customer service.
- Make sure that the device, power switch, and power cord do not come into contact with water, steam, or other liquids.
- Use the device only in dry indoor rooms (e.g. never in the bathtub or sauna) and only with dry hands
- Do not pull, twist, or kink the power cord. Do not insert pins, needles, or sharp objects into the massager. Do not place or pull the power cord over sharp or pointed objects. · Never try to retrieve the device if it falls into the water. Disconnect the plug immediately from the mains outlet.
- Do not use the device if it is damaged.
- If water leaks into the appliance, the appliance should no longer be used.
- Do not drop or subject the device to impacts.
- Repairs to electrical appliances must only be carried out by qualified persons. Incorrect repairs can lead to considerable danger for the user. If repairs are needed, contact customer service.
- Never use the device under covers, such as blankets or pillows.
- Never use the device in the vicinity of gasoline or other flammable materials.
- Switch the device off and disconnect from the electrical outlet after each use and before cleaning.
- Never leave the device unsupervised, particularly if children are around.
CAUTION To reduce the risk of personal injury or product/property damage:
- The device has a heated surface. Persons insensitive to heat must be careful when using.
- Never sit or stand on the moving parts of the device with all your weight and do not place objects on the device.
- Keep the device away from high temperatures.
2. Package Contents
1 x Shiatsu Foot Massager FM38
1 x Instruction Manual
3. About Shiatsu Massage
Shiatsu is a form of body massage which was originally developed in Japan around 100 years ago. It is based on ideas anchored in traditional Chinese medicine, in particular the meridian system, i.e. the paths in the human body along which energy is conveyed.
The aim of any Shiatsu massage is to promote the physical, emotional, and mental well-being of the person being treated. To do this, energy blocks and bottlenecks in the meridians must be dissolved and the self-regulating ability of the body stimulated.
Shiatsu therapists achieve this by exerting pressure in flowing movements along the meridians. Although Shiatsu can be literally translated as “finger pressure”, practitioners also use the heels of their hands, their elbows, and knees as well as their fingers. In the process, the therapist will use his or her full body weight in order to generate the required pressure.
The rotating massage balls in your Shiatsu massager imitate the pressure and kneading movements of a Shiatsu massage. Relax yourself and your feet with this Foot Massager. It can have the following beneficial effects:
- · Revitalizes and invigorates feet
- · Relaxes tense muscles
4. Parts and Controls
- Massage surfaces with 4 Shiatsu massage balls each
- Control buttons a. Switches massage function on or off b. Switches heating function on or off
- Power cord
5. To Set Up
- Remove massager from packaging and check all components for damage.
- Connect the power cord to a standard electrical outlet and route the power cord to prevent anyone from tripping over it.
6. To Use
- Remove your shoes before each use. Sit comfortably and place your feet on the massage balls. The rubber feet on the massager base should prevent it from moving.
- Press the Power Button (2a) to activate the massage function. Press the Heat Button (2b) to activate the heating function.
- Press the Power Button again to shut the massager off.
- Do not force any part of your body, in particular your fingers, between the rotating massage balls and their mounting points. Make sure that all moving parts can move freely at all times.
- Do not use the massage device for longer than 15 minutes or it can overstimulate the muscles and cause tension instead of relaxation.
- The massage should be pleasant and relaxing at all times. Stop the massage or change your position or the contact pressure if it is painful or unpleasant.
- Massaging a specific point on the sole of the foot may influence the corresponding organ of the body. Study relevant literature and ask your doctor before using point reflex zone massage to achieve the desired effect.
7. Care, Maintenance, and Disposal
- Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- Clean the device with a slightly damp cloth. Never allow liquids to enter the device or its accessories.
If you do not use the device for longer periods, store it in the original packaging in a dry place. Do not place any objects on the packaging.
Observe the local regulations for material disposal. Dispose of the device in accordance with local regulations. If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
8. Troubleshooting Guide
9. FCC Compliance Information
Shiatsu foot massager FM 38
Responsible Party U.S. Contact Information:
Beurer North America LP
1 Oakwood Boulevard, Suite 255
Hollywood, FL 33020
The United States
FCC Compliance Statement This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
–Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
–Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
–Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
–Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Limited Lifetime Warranty For Original Purchaser
Your Beurer Foot Massager, model FM38, is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product under normal conditions of intended use and service. This warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and does not extend to retailers or subsequent owners. We will, at our option, repair or replace the Beurer Foot Massager, model FM38, without additional charge, for any part or parts covered by these written warranties. No refunds will be given. Repair or replacement is our only responsibility and your only remedy under this written warranty. If replacement parts for defective materials are not available, Beurer reserves the right to make product substitutions in lieu of repair or replacement. For warranty service contact our customer service department at 1-800-536-0366 or at [email protected] to provide a description of the problem. If the problem is deemed to be within the scope of the limited lifetime warranty, you will be asked to mail the product at your costs in its original package with proof of purchase, your name, address, and phone number. If the problem is not deemed to be within the scope of the limited lifetime warranty, we will provide a quotation for repair respectively replacement, and return shipping fee. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; misapplication; lack of reasonable care with respect to the product; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; normal wear; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part as a result of failure to comply with instructions for use or to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transit damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of Beurer. This warranty is void if the product is ever used in a commercial or business environment. The maximum liability of Beurer under this warranty is limited to the purchase price actually paid by the customer for the product covered by the warranty, as confirmed by proof of purchase, regardless of the amount of any other direct or indirect damage suffered by the customer. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adaptation to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty. THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS APPLICABLE WRITTEN WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. IN NO EVENT SHALL BEURER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHATSOEVER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Beurer does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a retailer or remote purchaser, to obligate Beurer in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to the sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate in connection with any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior explicit written consent of Beurer. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
Beurer North America LP
1 Oakwood Boulevard, Suite 255
Hollywood, FL 33020, USA
Made in China