Let’s get started.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these Instructions.
- Keep these Instructions.
- Heed all Warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. When the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normallY, or has been dropped.
Special note: When placing your unit on a lacquered or natural finish, protect your furniture with a cloth or other protective material.
WARNING: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or light.
Caution marking is located at the rear or bottom of the apparatus.
The marking information is located at the rear or bottom of apparatus.
This symbol indicates that this product incorporates double insulation between hazardous main voltage and user-accessible parts.
Checking the Components
- When you plug in the power cord, the buttons will begin working in 2 to 4 seconds.
- If you want to enjoy sound only from the Soundbar, you must turn off the TV’s speakers in the Audio Setup menu of your TV. Refer to the owner’s manual supplied with your TV
Bottom Panel of the Soundbar
- When disconnecting the power cable of the DC/ AC power adapter from a wall outlet, pull the plug. Do not pull the cable.
- Do not connect this unit or other components to an AC outlet until all connections between components are completed.
Connecting Electrical Power
Using the power adapter to connect the unit to electrical outlet in the ﬁgure
- Make sure to rest the AC/DC adapter ﬂat on a table or the ﬂoor. If you place the AC/DC adapter so that it is hanging with the AC cord input facing upwards, water or other foreign substances could enter the adapter and cause the adapter to malfunction.
Connecting with a TV
Method 1. Connecting using an Optical cable
- Connect the DIGITAL AUDIO IN(OPTICAL) jack on the Soundbar to the OPTICAL OUT jack of the TV with a digital optical cable.
- Press the “OPT” button on the remote, and the LED indicator will be WHITE
- Set the TV’s audio output to “PCM”. (More information on PCM page)
- If TV sound is inaudible, press the “OPT” button on the remote or on the top side of the Soundbar to switch to “OPT” mode. The LED will be White and TV sound is played.
Method 2. Connecting using a RCA to 3.5mm cable
- Connect RCA(L/R) on the Soundbar to the AUDIO OUT(3.5mm Headphone) jack of the Source Device using a RCA to 3.5mm cable.
- Select “LIGHT BLUE” led indicator by pressing the “RCA” button on the remote.
- You must use Soundbar’s remote to power on or control the volume under this connection.
- If no sound set your TV’s audio output to “PCM”. (Refer to TV’s manual)
Setting “PCM” on your TV
When all cables are connected properly, and LED indicator lights properly(Optical or HDMI connection), if there is no sound from tv or Soundbar, please setting your tv as below:
- Press “Menu” on the tv’s remote control.
- Press the arrow keys on the remote to scroll to “Audio Settings.”
- Press “OK” on the remote control.
- Scroll to “Advanced Audio” and press “OK.” Some televisions may not have an”Advanced Audio” menu and may list various audio settings instead.
- Scroll to “Audio Output Mode” or “Digital Audio Output Mode” and press “OK.”
- Scroll until “PCM” is displayed as the current audio output.
- Press “OK” to save the settings.
- Some brand TVs may be different in Digital Audio Output Settings, please check your TV’s manual.
Connecting an External Device
- Connect AUX on the Soundbar to the AUDIO OUT(L/R ) jack of the Source Device using an RCA to 3.5mm cable. Select “YELLOW” led indicator by pressing the “AUX” button on the remote.
- Connect RCA on the Soundbar to the AUDIO OUT(Headphone) jack of the Source Device using an RCA to 3.5mm cable. Select “LIGHT BLUE” led indicator by pressing the “RCA” button on the remote.
- Connect DIGITAL AUDIO (OPTICAL) on the Soundbar to the OPTICAL OUT jack of the Source Device using a digital optical cable. Select “WHITE” led indicator by pressing the “OPT” button on the remote.
Connecting a USB
- Connect your USB device to the USB jack on the Soundbar.
- Select “PURPLE” led indicator by pressing the “USB” button on the remote.
- Play music ﬁles from the USB device through the Soundbar.
- USB port also for ﬁrmware upgrade.
Connecting a Bluetooth Device
The initial connection
- Press the “BT” button on the remote, the LED indicator blinks blue.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the Bluetooth device. ( see the device’s manual for more information)
- Select “S6520 or S8520 or S9920” from the list, connect it. When your Bluetooth device is connected, the LED indicator blinks blue slowly.
- Play music ﬁles from the device, connected via Bluetooth, through the Soundbar.
- You cannot connect more than one Bluetooth device at a time.
Additional Bluetooth information
- If you hear any break-up while streaming music from your device, move closer to your Soundbar.
- Bluetooth signal has a range of up to 30 feet if there are no solid obstructions between your Soundbar and source device.
- Other wireless devices may interfere with Bluetooth range, including wireless video monitors, cordless phones, wireless cameras, etc., moving or turing off these devices may improve Bluetooth range.
- Reduce the volume on your device or Soundbar, high volume can damage your hearing.
Know Your Remote
Power the remote by inserting 2 pcs of AAA batteries
Installing the Wall Mount
- Place the wall mounting template against the wall under your TV, using a pencil to mark the bracket holes.
- The template must be level.
- Leave 3 inches at least between the template and TV.
2. Remove the template, using an appropriately sized drill bit, drill a hole in the wall at each marking.
Be sure the wall is vertical wall. (drywall)
3. Push the green Holder-Screw to the each hole on the wall, and screw each screw through each bracket ﬁrmly into a support Holder-Screws hole.
4. Install the Soundbar by hanging the bracket on the wall.
Consult a professional installer if you are unfamiliar with power tools or the layout of electrical wiring in the walls of your home.
If you have a problem with your Sound Bar, there is quick simple solution, ﬁrst make sure:
- The cables between Sound Bar and input devices are securely connected, the power adapter is also connected to a working power source.
- The adapter LED indicator is lighting, and the LED indicator is lighting in the middle of Soundbar,
No sound or crackling noise
- Check if all cables are connected properly.
- Press Mute on the remote to ensure the Sound Bar is not muted.
- Press Volume+ on the remote or the right side of your Sound Bar.
- Make sure you have selected the right input source on your remote, and the LED is lighting accordingly.
- If using Bluetooth, check if the sound on your device is under minimum volume.
- If using Optical/HDMI, check if your device (TV/Cable Box/Projector/etc.) audio output set to PCM or turn the Dolby/dts off.
- When using cable connection, make sure your device has an audio output port (not input).
Remote isn’t working
- Check if the battery is installed properly with power.
- Check if the signal of the receiver is covered by something.
- Contact your retailer for assistance.
I hear buzzing or humming
- Ensure all cables and wires are securely connected.
- Connect a different source device (TV, Blu-ray player, etc) to see if the buzzing persists. If it does not, the problem may be with the original device.
- Connect your device to a different input on the Sound Bar.
Bluetooth can’t be connected
- Check if the Sound Bar is connected with the third Bluetooth device.
- Be sure that there are no solid obstructions between the Sound Bar and source device. (within 30 feet)
- Reboot the Bluetooth and connect again.
Hear echo when watching TV
- Setting your TV audio to External Speaker.
- Mute the TV speaker.
Have other questions?
- Please contact with your retailer for assistance.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
-Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
-Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
-Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
-Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance 20 cm between the radiator & your body.
Thanks for reading!
Best Artisan Corp.
14261 PROCTOR AVE, CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91746