BELLMAN AUDIO DOMINO CLASSIC
PERSONAL HEARING SYSTEM
Bellman Audio Domino Classic
Bellman Audio Domino Classic has some settings that you cannot access in user mode. Go into the Settings Menu to change settings that you do not normally need to change.
Start the Receiver Unit with the On/Off button (6) for about 3 seconds.
Hold down the On/Off button (6) and press the Volume Button -(10) within 1 second for at least 3 seconds.
You are now in Version Information mode.
The product version information is presented here via a pattern of lit and blinking LEDs. This internal information is only intended as an aid for servicing and support.
Pairing of units
The Transmitter and Receiver Units in the Bellman Audio Domino system must have the radio link established in order for radio communication to operate. To make it easier to get started, a Receiver Unit and a Transmitter Unit which are paired together are always supplied so that they will work together.
Where you want to pair a Receiver Unit with a Transmitter Unit which is different from the Receiver Unit it was originally supplied with, you can do this in the Settings Menu.
Proceed as follows to pair up the units:
- Start both the units with the On/Off buttons (6, 18).
- Go into the Settings Menu.
- Hold down the CONNECT button (19) on the Transmitter Unit.
- Hold down both the M button (5) and the R button (7) on the Receiver Unit.
A ”running light” on the Receiver Unit’s Volume and Tone LED Indicator (8) moving towards the centre indicates that the link has been established.
Please note! If you pair up a Transmitter Unit and a Receiver Unit in the Settings Menu, this replaces the pairing carried out in the factory. This can be useful when changing a Transmitter Unit under guarantee or if you want to pair up several Receiver Units to a Transmitter Unit (e.g. in a conference room).
It is easy to test the Bellman Audio Domino Classic Personal Hearing System. If the Bellman Audio Domino Classic does not operate as described below, you can carry out further troubleshooting as instructed under Troubleshooting.
How to test
The testing of Bellman Audio Domino Classic has been divided into three parts. One part for the Receiver Unit for which only the Receiver Unit is required, one part for the Transmitter Unit for which both units are required and finally one for charging the two units.
- Switch on the unit and make sure that the Battery Status LED (3) lights up green.
- Connect the headphones to the Headphone Socket (13) and scrape carefully on the round microphone (1) with your finger and check that there is a scraping sound in the headphones.
- Press the buttons (9, 10, 11, 12) and check that the Volume and Tone Indicator changes.
- Switch on the unit and make sure that the Battery Status LED (17) lights up green.
- Press the R button (7) and make sure that the External Sound LED (4) lights up green.
- Carefully scrape on the round microphone (16) on the Transmitter Unit with your finger and check that there is a scraping sound in the headphones.
- Connect an external sound source to the External Sound Source Input (20) and check that the sound from the sound source is heard in the headphones. The External Sound Source Input (20) can be tested, for example, by connecting a CD player or a radio to the input via an audio cable (accessory). The Transmitter Unit automatically switches to an external sound source when a connector is connected to the External Sound Source Input (20).
- Connect the charger to the mains socket and check that the LED on the charger light up green.
- Connect the charging cables to both the charger and to the charging sockets on the Receiver Unit and the Transmitter Unit (14, 21), see the fold-out section of the manual.
- Check that the LED on the charger change from green to red.
- Check that the Battery Status LEDs on both the Transmitter Unit and Receiver Unit light up orange.
FCC compliance statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there’s no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Statement for Industry Canada
Le fonctionnement de cet équipement est soumis aux conditions suivantes:
(1) l’équipement concerné ne doit pas causer d’interférences, et (2) il doit accepted toute interférence reçue, y compris les interférences risquant d’engendrer un fonctionnement indésirable.
Areas of application
With a hearing aid
In front of the TV
Dear customer. Thank you for your purchase of this Bellman & Symfon® product. Our vision is to supply outstanding products that are of great value for our customers. For this reason, we have put all our best efforts into designing and manufacturing this product. However, if you should have any questions about the product or if you require repair, please contact us.
General warranty conditions. Your Bellman & Symfon® product is covered by a limited warranty. Please read the following conditions carefully and keep this information in a safe place. Please also save your receipt or other proof of purchase as you will need this for warranty claims.
Warranty period. The warranty is depending on the type of product purchased and is valid from date of purchase. Bellman & Symfon offers warranty as per below:
Warranty conditions. Bellman & Symfon warrants that the Product that you have purchased is free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship when dispatched from our warehouse. Your sales receipt is your proof of the date of purchase and the warranty period commences as of that date. During the warranty period, Bellman & Symfon will have the option for the defective product to be repaired or replaced. The replacement product will be of equal or greater function and in good working and physical order. Such a replacement will be supplied from refurbished stock. The repaired or replaced product will be under warranty for the remainder of the original product’s warranty period.
Warranty limitations. This warranty automatically becomes void if the product has been physically damaged or rendered defective (a) as a result of accident, misuse, or abuse, or other circumstances beyond Bellman & Symfon’s control; (b) by the use of parts or peripherals not authorized by Bellman & Symfon; (c) as a result of normal wear and tear; (d) by use within an improper operating environment; (e) by modification of the product; (f ) by the serial number or product code sticker being removed or defaced; (g) as a result of service rendered by anyone other than a Bellman & Symfon Authorized Service Agent; (h) as a result of the product being operated other than in accordance with Bellman & Symfon AB’s users manual. Neither does the warranty cover failure due to causes outside Bellman & Symfon’s control such as failure in your phone carrier’s line service (if applicable) or Acts of God. No warranty is offered for disposable batteries.
Return policies/warranty claim. Please see www.bellman.com/warranty