BELLA 14460 Hand Blender with Whisk Attachment
- Special Feature Manual
- Product Dimensions 44″D x 2.44″W x 14.57″H
- Material Stainless Steel
- Wattage 250 watts
- Number of Speeds 2
- Voltage 120
- Is Dishwasher Safe Yes
- Blade Material Stainless Steel
- Brand BELLA
The BELLA Hand Immersion Blender is the essential kitchen appliance of the year since it can easily mix, purée, and whip ingredients. Making omelettes, soups, smoothies, meringues, and dips is as straightforward as it gets thanks to the two speed option and strong 250 watt motor. Operation is simple and comfortable because to the ergonomic grip and soft touch buttons. To blend and puree over the stovetop, the long 6″ stainless steel blending shaft reaches into deep pots. The stainless steel whisk attachment makes it possible to whip eggs and frosting. The lengthy 6-foot chord offers you the mobility to move without having to re-plug the device as you go, whether you need to blend on your stovetop or countertop. With just one twist, each attachment is simple to take off and put on. Since both attachments are dishwasher safe, cleanup is a breeze.
Before using the electrical appliance, the included basic precautions should always be followed:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE HAND BLENDER.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock do not put cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid. Ensure that appliance does not get wet (water splashes etc.) and do not use it with wet hands.
- This appliance should not be used by children and care should be taken when used near children so that they do not play with the appliance and possibly cause injury.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. You might accidentally start the appliance if the unit is still plugged into the outlet and cause serious personal injury
- Avoid contacting moving parts. Blades are sharp and spin at a high speed and can cause injuries.
- Do not operate any hand blender with a damaged cord or plug or after the hand blender malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return hand blender to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or electrical or mechanical adjustment. A damaged appliance may cause serious personal injury, start fires, or cause property damage.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury. Only items designed for use with this appliance should be used at all times.
- Do not use outdoors. This unit is designed to be used only indoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter. The cord can get tangled or cause the appliance to fall.
- Do not let cord contact hot surface, including the stove. The protective insulation will burn making the appliance inoperable or unsafe to operate.
- When mixing liquids, especially hot liquids, use a tall container or make small quantities at a time to reduce spillage. Hot liquids can spill and cause burns.
- Keep hands and utensils out of the container while blending to prevent the possibility of severe injury to persons or damage to the unit. A scraper may be used but must be used only when the unit is not running.
- Blades are sharp. Handle carefully. Use the blade’s collar to handle. Touching the blades can cause injuries.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
- Notes on the Plug This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
- Electric Power If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your appliance may not operate properly. It should be operated on a separate electrical circuit from other appliances.
Getting to Know Your Bella Hand Blender
Product may vary slightly from illustration
Before using the Bella hand blender for the first time
- Remove all packaging materials before using.
- Wash the blending shaft and the whisk attachment in soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. CAUTION: D o not touch blades. The blending shaft attachment is very sharp. Use extreme care when handling. Failure to do so can result in personal injury.
- The housing may be wiped with a damp cloth.
CAUTION: Do not immerse motor housing in water or other liquids.
IMPORTANT: Blades are very sharp, handle with care. Ensure the hand blender is unplugged from the power outlet before assembling or removing attachments.
- To assemble the detachable blending shaft to the motor housing, turn the shaft on a counter-clockwise direction until tightened.
- Plug the hand blender to the power outlet.
- Lower the hand blender into food and press the desired speed at the top of the motor housing.
NOTE: Maximum duration at high speed cannot exceed 1 minute. Let the unit rest for 1 minute between two consecutive blending cycles.
NOTE: Do not run the hand blender without any load for more than 15s.
- When finished processing, stop the hand blender by releasing the speed control button at the top of the motor housing.
- To disassemble, just turn in the blending shaft on a clockwise direction
CAUTION: Make sure the level of liquid or food in the container is below the joint of the blender, as this could cause an electric shock.
To assemble and disassemble the attachments, follow steps 1 to 4.
CAUTION: Due to its design, this product is not suitable for prolonged use. To avoid the handle becoming uncomfortably hot, use the product in short bursts and allow to cool as necessary.
Cleaning and Maintenance
This appliance requires little maintenance. It contains no user-serviceable parts. Any servicing requiring disassembly other than cleaning must be performed by a qualified appliance repair technician.
- Unplug the appliance and remove the detachable blending shaft or whisking attachment.
- Wash the detachable blending shaft or whisk attachments under running water, without the use of abrasive cleaner or detergent. When finished cleaning the detachable blending shaft or whisk attachment, place it upright so that any water that may have got into, can drain out. The blending shaft is dishwasher safe; on top rack only.
NOTE: Do not soak the detachable blending shaft or whisk attachment in water for a long period of time because overtime the lubrication on the bearings may wash away.
- Wipe the motor housing with a damp cloth. Never immerse it in water for cleaning as electric shock may occur.
- Dry thoroughly.
CAUTION: Blades are very sharp, handle with care.
TIP: For quick cleaning between processing tasks, hold the hand blender in a cup half filled with water and turn on for a few seconds.
- Unplug and clean unit.
CAUTION: Blades are sharp. Handle carefully.
- Never store unit while it is still plugged in.
- Never wrap cord tightly around the appliance. Do not put any stress on the cord where it enters the unit, as it could cause the cord to fray and break.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light tasting Olive Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice (about half of a lemon/lime)
- A generous pinch of salt
Place all the ingredients into a jar and using the blending shaft run on Low until the mixture starts thickening. Process for 5 more seconds using a gentle up and down motion until the desired consistency is reached.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ⁄3 tablespoon water
- 2 ⁄3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 1⁄3 ounces very soft unsalted butter
- Cayenne pepper, salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Whisk the yolks, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan until the mix becomes thick and pale. Set the pan over moderately low heat and continue to whisk at low speed. Make sure to reach all angles of the bowl. To prevent over cooking, move the pan frequently off the burner for a few seconds, and then back on. Sit the pan on cold water to lower the temperature, if needed.
- As they cook, the eggs will become frothy, increase in volume, and then thicken. Keep whisking on low speed and remove from the heat when you can see the bottom of the pan through the streaks of the whisk and the eggs are thick and smooth.
- Add a spoonful of soft butter and whisk constantly to incorporate each addition. As the emulsion forms, you may add the butter in slightly larger amounts and whisk until fully absorbed. Continue incorporating butter until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Season lightly with salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Whisk well. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add droplets of lemon juice if needed.
Broccoli cheese soup
- 2 cups of broccoli cuts
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups of chicken stock (use vegetable stock if preferred)
- 4 oz of American cheese, cubed
- 4 oz of cheese sauce
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the diced onion, garlic and stir occasionally until the onion becomes transparent. Add broccoli and chicken broth; let it simmer until the broccoli is tender.
- While the broccoli is cooking; whisk the milk, the garlic powder and the cornstarch in a separate bowl until a uniform, lump free sauce is reached. Heat the mixture for 20 seconds in the microwave. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the American cheese as well as the cheese sauce. Stir constantly until the cheeses have melted.
- Remove the pot from the stove and using the hand blender puree the soup to desired consistency. Add the milk mixture to the soup until the desired consistency is reached.
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch salt (or cream tartar)
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 120°C (248F). Measure and prepare all your ingredients in advance. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Separate the egg white from the yolks. Place the egg whites and the salt in a large and dry mixing bowl. Use the whisk attachment on the hand blender to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually, a spoonful at a time, and just combine.
- After all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk until the mixture is very thick and glossy. The sugar has to be dissolved and a long trailing peak should form when the whisk is lifted.
Do not overbeat. Spoon the mixture onto the lined trays to form the meringues. Place the tray in the oven and reduce the temperature to 90°C (194F). Leave the oven on for 1 1/2 hours or until the meringues are crisp and sound hollow when tapped on the base. Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven for 4 hours. Remove from the oven if they start turning brown.
Strawberry Vanilla Cake in a Mug
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons strawberries, diced
- Sprinkle of confectioner’s sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients (except strawberries). Whisk in high until batter is just smooth, but do not overmix. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Spray a 12oz; microwave-safe mug with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the mug. Fill half of the cup so there is enough space for the cake to rise.
- Microwave on high for 75 to 90 seconds, or until done. Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top and enjoy.
Limited TWO-YEAR Warranty
SENSIO Inc. hereby warrants that for a period of TWO YEARS from the date
of purchase, this product will be free from mechanical defects in material and workmanship, and for 90 days in respect to non-mechanical parts. At its sole discretion, SENSIO Inc. will either repair or replace the product found to be defective, or issue a refund on the product during the warranty period.
The warranty is only valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty validation. Retail stores selling this product do not have the right to alter, modify, or in any way revise the terms and conditions of the warranty.
The warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage resulting from any
of the following: negligent use of the product, use of improper voltage or current, improper routine maintenance, use contrary to the operating instructions, disassembly, repair, or alteration by anyone other than qualified SENSIO Inc. personnel. Also, the warranty does not cover Acts of God such as fire, floods, hurricanes, or tornadoes.
SENSIO Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused
by the breach of any express or implied warranty. Apart from the extent prohibited
by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in time to the duration of the warranty. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and therefore, the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. The warranty covers specific legal rights which may vary by state, province and/or jurisdiction.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
You must contact Customer Service at our toll-free number: 1-866-832-4843. A Customer Service Representative will attempt to resolve warranty issues over the phone. If the Customer Service Representative is unable to resolve the problem, you will be provided with a case number and asked to return the product to SENSIO Inc. Attach a tag to the product that includes: your name, address, daytime contact telephone number, case number, and description of the problem. Also, include a copy of the original sales receipt. Carefully package the tagged product with the sales receipt, and send it (with shipping and insurance prepaid) to SENSIO Inc.’s address. SENSIO Inc. shall bear no responsibility or liability for the returned product while in transit to SENSIO Inc.’s Customer Service Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this corded or battery operated?
2 prong cord. Approximately 5 or 5 1/2 feet long.
Would this work to blend up bulletproof coffee in a large mug?
i use a Retro, drugstore-soda-fountain style blender with 70-watt motor – I fill my 20 oz (“Venti”) paper cup w/the butter and part way with the drink. I blend and then add the rest of the coffee (or tea) and it’s super foamy. I bought the cups and the blender here on amazon. Hamilton. I don’t want to make my bulletproof coffee in a big blender and then wash the entire blender.
Why do people keep asking questikns that have been answered? It is 120v, it has a cord, you can put the 2 attachments in the dishwasher.
You can put the attachment into the dishwasher. not the handle that has the cord built into it. eek. that would not work out well. Hope this helps.
Can you make mayonnaise with this?
Can you use this for soap making?
I have not tried to make soap. How thick does the mixture get? I use it mostly for mixing my protein drinks using the wise utensil at second home. Not a lot of use but not impressed.
I am looking for a quiet blender i can use at work to mix my shakes in a 20 oz blender
bottle. would this work? just shaking isn’t blending it enough.
Yes it is pretty quiet and comes with a whisk attachment which would work great to mix shakes!
Does this work for soap?
This works perfectly. It’s very powerful.
What is the width of the head unit of this item? Wondering whether it will fit in the mouth of a particular jug.
It’s not with me at the moment but its bigger then i thought and its so powerful i have to put it in a huge deep bowl to use it.
Can you mash/whip potatoes with it?
Good for you! If you areanything like me you’ll find yourself using it all the time… I use it to puree bean soup and homemade tomato sauce and creamed spinach,…its a real favorite well beyond mashed potatoes!
Can you use it in a coffee cup?
It depends on the size of your cup. The diameter of the blender portion in 2.5″. The whisk attachment, however is smaller in diameter, and it fits easily into all my coffee cups. I do think, though, that you might encounter splashing and overflow depending on the nature and volume of the contents of the cup.
Can it be used for making fresh cream?
I know this is an old question but I’ve used this blender a ton of times to make small batches of homemade whipped cream.
Is the blender head removable?
Yes. can remove the blender and put on the whipping head that also comes with this.
How do I prevent splashback? I have used it on smaller amounts and everything comes flying at me!
Even though it’s a smaller about n Just make sure you put it in a big container and it shouldn’t do that.
Which attachment do you use to make your bulletproof coffee?
I use the blender (not the whisk) in a large mason jar. It doesn’t work in just a coffee mug and blends it great.
Do you have to hold speed buttons down while using the stick blender?
Yes, you have to hold the button for the blender to work.