Please read this user manual first!
We hope that your product, which has been produced in modern plants and checked under the most meticulous quality control procedures, will provide you an effective service.
Therefore, read this entire user manual carefully before using the product and keep it as a reference. If you handover the product to someone else, give the user manual as well.
The user manual will help you use the product in a fast and safe way.
- Read the manual before installing and operating the product.
- Make sure you read the safety instructions.
- Keep the manual in an easily accessible place as you may need it later.
- Read the other documents given with the product.
- Remember that this user manual is also applicable for several other models.
- Differences between models will be identified in the manual.
Explanation of symbols
Throughout this user manual the following symbols are used:
Important information or useful tips.
Warning against dangerous conditions for life and property.
Warning against electric voltage.
In order to ensure a normal operation of your refrigerating appliance, which uses a completely environmentally friendly refrigerant the R600a (flammable only under certain conditions) you must observe the following rules:
This product is supplied with the selective sorting symbol for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
This means that this product must be handled pursuant to European
Directive 2002/96/EC in order to be recycled or dismantled to minimise its impact on the environment. For further information, please contact your local or regional authorities.
Electronic products not included in the selective sorting process are potentially dangerous for the environment and human health due to the presence of hazardous substances.
- Control panel
- Interior light
- Fresh food fan
- Wine rack
- Adjustable shelves
- 0°C Compartment
- Crisper cover
- Compartment for quickly freezing
- Freezer compartment drawers
- Adjustable door shelves
- Bottle shelf
- Freezer fan
- Fridge compartment
- Freezer compartment
Figures that take place in this instruction manual are schematic and may not correspond exactly with your product. If the subject parts are not included in the product you have purchased, then it is valid for other models.
Important Safety Warnings
Please review the following information. Failure to observe this information may cause injuries or material damage. Otherwise, all warranty and reliability commitments will become invalid.
Original Spare parts will be provided for 10 years, following the product purchasing date.
This product is intended to be used:
• indoors and in closed areas such as homes;
• in closed working environments such as stores and offices;
• in closed accommodation areas such as farm houses, hotels, pensions;
• It should not be used outdoors.
- When you want to dispose/scrap the product, we recommend you to consult the authorized service in order to learn the required information and authorized bodies.
- Consult your authorized service for all your questions and problems related to the refrigerator. Do not intervene or let someone intervene to the refrigerator without notifying the authorised services.
- For products with a freezer compartment; Do not eat cone ice cream and ice cubes immediately after you take them out of the freezer compartment! (This may cause frostbite in your mouth.)
- For products with a freezer compartment; Do not put bottled and canned liquid beverages in the freezer compartment. Otherwise, these may burst.
- Do not touch frozen food by hand; they may stick to your hand.
- Unplug your refrigerator before cleaning or defrosting.
- Vapor and vaporized cleaning materials should never be used in cleaning and defrosting processes of your refrigerator. In such cases, the vapor may get in contact with the electrical parts and cause short circuit or electric shock.
- Never use the parts on your refrigerator such as the door as a means of support or step.
- Do not use electrical devices inside the refrigerator.
- Do not damage the parts, where the refrigerant is circulating, with drilling or cutting tools. The refrigerant that might blow out when the gas channels of the evaporator, pipe extensions or surface coatings are punctured causes skin irritations and eye injuries.
- Do not cover or block the ventilation holes on your refrigerator with any material.
- Electrical devices must be repaired by only authorised persons. Repairs performed by incompetent persons create a risk for the user.
- In case of any failure or during a maintenance or repair work, disconnect your refrigerator’s mains supply by either turning off the relevant fuse or unplugging your appliance.
- Do not pull by the cable when pulling off the plug.
- Place the beverage with higher proofs tightly closed and vertically.
- Never store spray cans containing flammable and explosive substances in the refrigerator.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- This product is not intended to be used by persons with physical, sensory or mental disorders or unlearned or inexperienced people (including children) unless they are attended by a person who will be responsible for their safety or who will instruct them accordingly for use of the product.
- Do not operate a damaged refrigerator. Consult with the service agent if you have any concerns.
- Electrical safety of your refrigerator shall be guaranteed only if the earth system in your house complies with standards.
- Exposing the product to rain, snow, sun and wind is dangerous with respect to electrical safety.
- Contact authorized service when there is a power cable damage to avoid danger.
- Never plug the refrigerator into the wall outlet during installation. Otherwise, risk of death or serious injury may arise.
- This refrigerator is intended for only storing food items. It must not be used for any other purpose.
- Label of technical specifications is located on the left wall inside the refrigerator.
- Never connect your refrigerator to electricity-saving systems; they may damage the refrigerator.
- If there is a blue light on the refrigerator, do not look at the blue light with optical tools.
- For manually controlled refrigerators, wait for at least 5 minutes to start the refrigerator after power failure.
- This operation manual should be handed in to the new owner of the product when it is given to others.
- Avoid causing damage on power cable when transporting the refrigerator. Bending cable may cause fire. Never place heavy objects on power cable.
- Do not touch the plug with wet hands when plugging the product.
- Do not plug the refrigerator if the wall outlet is loose.
- Water should not be sprayed on inner or outer parts of the product for safety purposes.
- Do not spray substances containing inflammable gases such as propane gas near the refrigerator to avoid fire and explosion risk.
- Never place containers filled with water on top of the refrigerator; in the event of spillages, this may cause electric shock or fire.
- Do not overload the refrigerator with food. If overloaded, the food items may fall down and hurt you and damage refrigerator when you open the door.
- Never place objects on top of the refrigerator; otherwise, these objects may fall down when you open or close the refrigerator’s door.
- As they require a precise temperature, vaccines, heat sensitive medicine and scientific materials and etc. should not be kept in the refrigerator.
- If not to be used for a long time, refrigerator should be unplugged.
A possible problem in power cable may cause fire.
- The plug’s tip should be cleaned regularly with a dry cloth; otherwise, it may cause fire.
- Refrigerator may move if adjustable legs are not properly secured on the floor. Properly securing adjustable legs on the floor can prevent the refrigerator to move.
- When carrying the refrigerator, do not hold it from door handle.
Otherwise, it may be snapped.
- When you have to place your product next to another refrigerator or freezer, the distance between devices should be at least 8 cm. Otherwise, adjacent side walls may be humidified.
For products with a water dispenser
- Pressure of water mains should be minimum 1 bar. Pressure of water mains should be maximum 8 bars.
- Use only potable water.
- If the door has a lock, the key should be kept away from reach of children.
•Children must be supervised to prevent them from tampering with the product
If your product’s cooling system contains R600a:
This gas is flammable. Therefore, pay attention to not damaging the cooling system and piping during usage and transportation. In the event of damage, keep your product away from potential fire sources that can cause the product catch a fire and ventilate the room in which the unit is placed.
Ignore this warning if your product’s cooling system contains R134a.
Type of gas used in the product is stated in the type label which is on the left wall inside the refrigerator.
Never throw the product in fire for disposal.
Things to be done for energy saving
- Do not leave the doors of your refrigerator open for a long time.
- Do not put hot food or drinks in your refrigerator.
- Do not overload your refrigerator so that the air circulation inside of it is not prevented.
- Do not install your refrigerator under direct sunlight or near heat emitting appliances such as ovens, dishwashers or radiators. Keep your refrigerator at least 30 cm away from heat emitting sources and at least 5 cm from electrical ovens.
- Pay attention to keep your food in closed containers.
- For products with a freezer compartment; You can store maximum amount of food items in the freezer when you remove the shelf or drawer of the freezer. Energy consumption value stated for your refrigerator has been determined by removing freezer shelf or drawer and under maximum load. There is no harm to use a shelf or drawer according to the shapes and size of food to be frozen.
- Thawing frozen food in fridge compartment will both provide energy saving and preserve the food quality.
In case the information which are given in the user manual are not taken into account, manufacturer will not assume any liability for this.
Points to be paid attention to when the relocation of the refrigerator
- Your refrigerator should be unplugged. Before transportation of your refrigerator, it should be emptied and cleaned.
- Before it is re-packaged, shelves, accessories, crisper, etc. inside your refrigerator should be fixed with adhesive tape and secured against impacts. Package should be bound with a thick tape or sound ropes and the transportation rules on the package should be strictly observed.
- Original packaging and foam materials should be kept for future transportations or moving.
Before you start the refrigerator
Check the following before you start to use your refrigerator:
- Is the interior of the refrigerator dry and can the air circulate freely in the rear of it?
- Clean the interior of the refrigerator as recommended in the “Maintenance and cleaning” section.
- Connect the plug of the refrigerator to the wall socket. When the fridge door is opened, fridge internal lamp will turn on.
- When the compressor starts to operate, a sound will be heard. The liquid and gases sealed within the refrigeration system may also give rise to noise, even if the compressor is not running and this is quite normal.
- Front edges of the refrigerator may feel warm. This is normal. These areas are designed to be warm to avoid condensation.
Connect your product to a grounded socket which is being protected by a fuse with the appropriate capacity.
The connection must be in compliance with national regulations.
- The power plug must be easily accessible after installation.
- Electrical safety of your refrigerator shall be guaranteed only if the earth system in your house complies with standards.
- The voltage stated on the label located at left inner side of your product should be equal to your network voltage.
- Extension cables and multi plugs must not be used for connection.
A damaged power cable must be replaced by a qualified electrician.
Product must not be operated before it is repaired! There is the risk of electric shock!
Disposing of the packaging
The packing materials may be dangerous for children. Keep the packing materials out of the reach of children or dispose of them by classifying them in accordance with the waste instructions stated by your local authorities. Do not throw away with regular house waste, throw away on packaging pick up spots designated by the local authorities.
The packing of your refrigerator is produced from recyclable materials
Disposing of your old refrigerator
Dispose of your old refrigerator without giving any harm to the environment.
- You may consult your authorized dealer or waste collection center of your municipality about the disposal of your refrigerator.
Before disposing of your refrigerator, cut out the electric plug and, if there are any locks on the door, make them inoperable in order to protect children against any danger.
Placing and Installation
If the entrance door of the room where the refrigerator will be installed is not wide enough for the refrigerator to pass through, then call the authorized service to have them remove the doors of your refrigerator and pass it sideways through the door.
- Install your refrigerator to a place that allows ease of use.
- Keep your refrigerator away from heat sources, humid places and direct sunlight.
- There must be appropriate air ventilation around your refrigerator in order to achieve an efficient
operation. If the refrigerator is to be placed in a recess in the wall, there must be at least 5 cm distance with the ceiling and at least 5 cm with the wall. Do not place your product on the materials such as rug or carpet.
- Place your refrigerator on an even floor surface to prevent jolts.
- Do not keep your refrigerator in ambient temperatures under 10°C.
Replacing the interior lamp
To change the Bulb/LED used for illumination of your refrigerator, call your Authorised Service. The lamp(s) used in this appliance is not suitable for household room illumination. The intended purpose of this lamp is to assist the user to place foodstuffs in the refrigerator/freezer in a safe and comfortable way. The lamps used in this appliance have to withstand extreme physical conditions such as temperatures below -20°C.
Reversing the doors
Proceed in numerical order.
- Your refrigerator should be installed at least 30 cm away from heat sources such as hobs, ovens, central heater and stoves and at least 5 cm away from electrical ovens and should not be located under direct sunlight.
- The ambient temperature of the room where you install your refrigerator should at least be 10°C. Operating your refrigerator under cooler conditions is not recommended with regard to its efficiency.
- Please make sure that the interior of your refrigerator is cleaned thoroughly.
- If two refrigerators are to be installed side by side, there should be at least 2 cm distance between them.
- When you operate your refrigerator for the first time, please observe the following instructions during the initial six hours.
- The door should not be opened frequently.
- It must be operated empty without any food in it.
- Do not unplug your refrigerator. If a power failure occurs out of your control, please see the warnings in the “Troubleshooting” section.
- Original packaging and foam materials should be kept for future transportations or moving.
Using your refrigerator
- On / Off Indicator
Press the On / Off button for 3 seconds to turn off or turn on the fridge. When the fridge is off, the symbol () is lit. All the other symbols are turned off.
- Quick fridge function button
The button () has two functions. To activate or deactivate the Quick Cool function, press it briefly. Quick Cool indicator will turn off and the product return to its normal settings.
Use the Quick Freeze function when you want to quickly freeze the food placed in freezer compartment. If you want to freeze large amounts of fresh food, activate this function before putting the food into the product. If you do not cancel it, Quick Cooling will cancel itself automatically after 1 hour at the most, or when the fridge compartment reaches the required temperature. This function is not recalled when power restores after a power failure.
- Fridge compartment temperature setting button
Press this button () to set the temperature of the fridge compartment to 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 8… respectively. Press this button to set the fridge compartment temperature to the desired value.
- Freezer compartment temperature setting button
Press this button () to set the temperature of the freezer compartment to -18, -19, -20, -21, -22, -23, -24, -18… respectively. Press this button to set the freezer compartment temperature to the desired value.
- Quick freeze function button
Press this button () to activate or deactivate the Quick freeze function. When you activate the function, the freezer compartment will be cooled to a temperature lower than the set value.
Use the Quick Freeze function when you want to quickly freeze the food placed in freezer compartment. If you want to freeze large amounts of fresh food, activate this function before putting the food into the product. If you do not cancel it, Quick Freeze will cancel itself automatically after 25 hours at the most or when the freezer compartment reaches the required temperature. This function is not recalled when power restores after a power failure.
- Alarm off warning
In case of power failure / high temperature alarm, after checking the food located in the freezer compartment press the alarm off button () to clear the warning.
- Eco fuzzy
Press and hold the eco fuzzy button ) for 3 seconds to activate the Eco fuzzy function.
The refrigerator will start to operate in the most economic mode at least 6 hours later and the economic usage indicator will be on ().
Press and hold the eco fuzzy function button for 3 seconds to disable the eco fuzzy function. This indicator will be on after 6 hours when eco fuzzy is activated, provided the doors are not opened.
ECO indicator will be active if the freezer compartment temperature is set to -18°C.
- Vacation Function
In order to activate Vacation function, press this button () for 3 seconds, and the vacation mode indicator () will be activated. When the vacation function is activated, “- -” is displayed on the fridge compartment temperature indicator and no active cooling is performed in the fridge compartment. It is not suitable to keep the food in the fridge compartment in this function. Other compartments will continue to be cooled according to their set temperatures. To cancel this function press Vacation function button again.
Dual cooling system
Your refrigerator is equipped with two separate cooling systems to cool the fresh food compartment and freezer compartment. Thus, air in the fresh food compartment and freezer compartment do not get mixed. Thanks to these two separate cooling systems, cooling speed is much higher than other refrigerators. Odors in the compartments do not get mixed. Also additional power saving is provided since the defrosting is performed individually.
Your refrigerator is equipped with two separate cooling systems to cool the fresh food compartment and freezer compartment. Thus, air in the fresh food compartment and freezer compartment do not get mixed. Thanks to these two separate cooling systems, cooling speed is much higher than other refrigerators.
Odors in the compartments do not get mixed. Also additional power saving is provided since the defrosting is performed individually.
A) Fridge compartment
Fridge compartment performs full automatic defrosting.
The defrost water runs to the drain tube via a collection container at the back of the appliance. Check that the tube is permanently placed with its end in the collecting tray on the compressor to prevent the water spilling on the electric installation or on the floor.
B) Freezer compartment
The NO FROST type defrost is completely automatic. No intervention from your side is required. The water is collected on the compressor tray. Due the heat of the compressor the water is evaporated.
The fans inside the freezer and fresh food compartments circulates cold air. Never insert any object through the guard.
Do not allow children to play with the fresh food and freezer fan.
Never store products that contain inflammable propellant gas (e.g. dispensers, spray cans etc.) or explosive substances.
Don’t cover the shelves with any protective materials, which may obstruct air circulation.
Do not allow children to play with the appliance or tamper with the controls. Do not obstruct the fan guards to ensure that you obtain the best possible performance from your appliance.
Please ensure the fans are not blocked (stopped) or impaired by food or packaging. Blocking (stopping) or impairing the fan can result in an increase of the internal freezer temperature (Thawing).
Zero temperature compartment
This compartment has been designed to store frozen food which would be thawed slowly (meat, fish, chicken, etc.) as required. Zero temperature compartment is the coldest place of your refrigerator in which dairy products (cheese, butter), meat, fish or chicken may be kept at ideal storage conditions.
Vegetables and/or fruits must not be placed in this compartment.
Fruits and vegetables stored in crispers illuminated with the HarvestFresh technology preserve their vitamin content (vitamin A and C) for a longer time thanks to the blue, green, red lights and dark cycles, which simulate a day cycle.
If you open the door of the refrigerator during the dark period of the HarvestFresh technology, the refrigerator will automatically detect this and enable the blue, green or red light to illuminate the crisper for your convenience. After you have closed the door of the refrigerator, the dark period will continue, representing the night time in a day cycle.
Maintenance and cleaning
Never use gasoline, benzene or similar substances for cleaning purposes.
We recommend that you unplug the appliance before cleaning.
Never use any sharp abrasive instrument, soap, household cleaner, detergent and wax polish for cleaning.
Use lukewarm water to clean the cabinet of your refrigerator and wipe it dry.
Use a damp cloth wrung out in a solution of one teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda to one pint of water to clean the interior and wipe it dry.
Make sure that no water enters the lamp housing and other electrical items.
If your refrigerator is not going to be used for a long period of time, unplug the power cable, remove all food, clean it and leave the door ajar.
Check door seals regularly to ensure they are clean and free from food particles
To remove door racks, remove all the contents and then simply push the door rack upwards from the base.
Never use cleaning agents or water that contain chlorine to clean the outer surfaces and chromium coated parts of the product. Chlorine causes corrosion on such metal surfaces.
Protection of plastic surfaces
Do not put the liquid oils or oil-cooked meals in your refrigerator in unsealed containers as they damage the plastic surfaces of your refrigerator. In case of spilling or smearing oil on the plastic surfaces, clean and rinse the relevant part of the surface at once with warm water
Please review this list before calling the service. It will save your time and money. This list includes frequent complaints that are not arising from defective workmanship or material usage. Some of the features described here may not exist in your product.
|The refrigerator does not operate.|
|Condensation on the side wall of the fridge compartment (MULTIZONE, COOL CONTROL and FLEXI ZONE).|
|Compressor is not running.|
|The operation noise increases when the refrigerator is running.|
|The refrigerator is running frequently or for a long time.|
|Freezer temperature is very low while the fridge temperature is sufﬁcient.|
|Fridge temperature is very low while the freezer temperature is sufﬁcient.|
|Food kept in the fridge compartment drawers is frozen.|
|Vibrations or noise.|
|There are noises coming from the refrigerator like liquid ﬂowing, spraying, etc.|
|Whistle comes from the refrigerator.|
|• Fans are used in order to cool the refrigerator. It is normal and not a fault.|
|Condensation on the inner walls of refrigerator.|
|Humidity occurs on the outside of the refrigerator or between the doors.|
|• There might be humidity in the air; this is quite normal in humid weather. When the humidity is less, condensation will disappear.|
|Bad odour inside the refrigerator.|
|The door is not closing.|
|Crispers are stuck.|