BaByliss 5665U 3Q Hair Dryer Instructions
- Original instructions. Read these safety precautions carefully before using the unit! This appliance should only be used as described within this instruction booklet.
Please retain for future reference.
WARNING! THIS APPLIANCE GETS HOT!
- ALWAYS keep out of reach of children (during and after use and whilst cooling).
- Always take extra care if used on children or near children.
- Do not use on very young children.
- UK Only: This appliance must not be used in the bathroom.
- Outside the UK: If using the appliance in a bathroom, unplug after use as the proximity of water can be dangerous even if the appliance is switched off. For additional protection the installation of a residual current device (RCD) with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
- WARNING! Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Do not immerse the appliance into water or other liquids.
- Never look directly into the barrel of the hairdryer when it is switched on.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged, or if the appliance has been dropped. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. Contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
- Do not use the appliance if the lead is damaged. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. If the lead is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer. Return the appliance to the Customer Care Centre (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information). No repair must be attempted by the consumer.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when switched on or plugged in.
- This appliance is equipped with a safety thermostat. In the event of overheating the appliance will either stop automatically or run hot and cold intermittently. Should this happen, switch the appliance to the ‘0’ position, unplug and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Before use, ensure the rear filter is clear of hair and other debris. Plug in and switch on. If the appliance continues to overheat discontinue use immediately, switch off and unplug, and contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Towel dry and detangle hair.
- Plug the appliance into a suitable mains socket.
- Select the required heat and speed settings.
- After use, switch off and unplug the appliance.
- Allow the appliance to cool before storing away.
IMPORTANT! Always keep the rear of the appliance away from the hair during use, to prevent it being drawn in through the rear air filter.
Heat and Speed Settings
There are 6 variable heat/speed settings and a lockable cold button. Use the higher heat and higher speed settings for initial drying and use the lower heat and lower speed settings for styling and scrunch drying as the hair begins to dry.
|Delicate, fine, bleached or coloured hair||Normal and thick hair|
|Initial drying||Temperature II Speed II||Temperature III Speed II|
|General blow-drying||Temperature II / I Speed II||Temperature II Speed II|
|Precise styling||Temperature I Speed I||Temperature II / I Speed I|
Lockable Cold Shot
Use the lockable cold shot on warm hair to rapidly cool the hair and set the style in place for a long-lasting effect. When in use the cold button will illuminate.
IMPORTANT! Always ensure the lockable cold shot is in the off position when using the heat settings. If the cold button has been activated when using the heat setting to dry the hair, it will over-ride the heat setting resulting in a cold airflow.
Use the concentrator nozzle to direct the airflow as you style.
IMPORTANT! Only use the concentrator nozzle on the lowest heat / speed setting
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
To keep your appliance in the best possible condition, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure the appliance is switched off, unplugged and cool. To clean the outside of the appliance, wipe with a damp cloth. Make sure that no water enters the appliance and it is completely dry before use.
- Do not wrap the lead around the appliance, instead coil the lead loosely by the side of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance at a stretch from the power point.
- Always unplug after use.
Cleaning the Filter
- Ensure the appliance is switched off, unplugged and cool.
- Holding the handle of the appliance firmly, twist the rear filter to the left to remove.
- Using a soft brush, clean any hair and other debris from the filter.
- Replace the rear filter by aligning the grooves and turning to the right until the filter clicks back in to place.
For more information on this appliance visit www.babyliss.co.uk
This BaByliss appliance has a 10 year motor guarantee and a 5 year parts guarantee for consumer use and is only valid within the United Kingdom.
This guarantee covers consumer use only i.e. defects occurring under normal use within the home from date of purchase or date of delivery, whichever is later.
If the product develops a fault due to defects in materials or manufacture within 12 months from the date of purchase, to avoid delays and unnecessary inconvenience, where possible please return the product to the point of purchase for an exchange.
If the product develops a fault due to defects in materials or manufacture after 12 months from the date of purchase, and within the guarantee period, Conair UK After Sales Service will repair or replace the product.
This guarantee will no longer be valid meaning that The Conair Group Ltd will not be liable to repair or replace your product where:
- The appliance has been used on a voltage supply other than that which is marked on the product, or advised within this instruction booklet
- The appliance has been purchased from an unauthorized stockist.
- The appliance is used for professional / non domestic usage
- Repairs or alterations have been attempted by unauthorized persons
- The failure of the appliance is a direct result of misuse
- The failure is a result of not following the instructions for use
This guarantee does not cover any cosmetic damage due to misuse of the product nor any damage to persons or property that occurs because of product misuse.
Unauthorized Stuckists include, but are not limited to online auction sites, private sellers and those selling second hand goods, refurbished products etc.
Please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on authorized Stuckists.
It is important to retain your proof of purchase. We recommend attaching your receipt to this page.
Even where a refund may be applicable, no refund will be provided without a valid receipt or proof of purchase, we will only be able to offer a repair or replacement service. Please note this does not apply if the product was purchased directly from The Conair Group Ltd.
Guarantees on replacement products run from the original purchase date or date of delivery, whichever is later, and not from the date of replacement.
This guarantee is an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you have any queries regarding this guarantee please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday
to Friday) or e-mail email@example.com
UK AFTER SALES SERVICE
For further advice on using the appliance or should you need to return your product, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Care Centre
Unit 4, Revolution Park
Please enclose your returns number, name and address details, together with a copy of proof of purchase and details of the fault.
Please note this Instruction Booklet is not the guarantee.
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it should be handed to an appropriate collection point for the recycling of Electrical and Electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
Documents / Resources
|BaByliss 5665U 3Q Hair Dryer [pdf] Instructions|
5665U, 3Q Hair Dryer, 5665U 3Q Hair Dryer, Hair Dryer