BaByliss PRO BGT75 Ionic Curling Iron
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER!
As with most electrical appliances, parts are electrically live even when the switch is off. To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always unplug immediately after use.
- Always turn off the iron when not in use.
- Do not use it while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place or store appliances where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in, or drop into water or other liquids.
- If the iron falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
- Plug the iron into an electrical outlet.
- The iron should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Do not pull, twist, or wrap the cord around the iron.
- This iron should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use the iron only for its intended use as described in this guide.
- Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this iron if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped, damaged or has fallen into the water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hole in the iron.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord with the iron. Avoid multiple cables to a plug.
- The iron and casing are hot when in use. Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces.
- Do not place the iron directly on any surface while it is hot or plugged in.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces of the iron.
- This iron has no user-serviceable parts. Servicing should only be performed by an authorized service representative.
- Suitable for dry locations ONLY.
- After using, ensure the iron has completely cooled before storing in a safe, dry location.
- Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, toilets or any other receptacle containing water.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Before plugging in, read the information about dual voltage contained in the “dual-voltage” section of this manual.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is intended for professional use. Use on Alternating Current (50-60Hz) only. Standard appliances are designed to operate at rated voltage.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
This curling iron has dual voltage. It will automatically adjust to the proper voltage. Use an adapter plug with correct configuration prior to use in an outlet.
These styling appliances have a special protective application and the barrel will be extremely hot when the temperature regulator dial is set at its highest setting. Extra care should be taken when using. This product may emit smoke during initial use. The smoke is not harmful and will quickly disappear. It is only the protective application on the heating element being burned off.
SUPER STYLING GUIDE
Your best looks begin with a good haircut that’s well maintained. Always treat hair right with superior quality shampoos, conditioners, and finishing products.
FOR TOUSLED HAIR
Create soft, tousled waves by curling each hair section in a random direction. Then turn head upside down, shake, and gently scrunch hair with fingers. Bring head back to position and repeat for fullest volume.
FOR WIDE WAVES
Pick up a section of hair and place the curling iron under it, close to the scalp, making a half-turn downward. Remove the curling iron. Working with the same hair section, start where you left off and place the curling iron on top of the hair, curling it up a half turn. Proceed down the same hair section, alternating the curl upward and downward. Repeat procedure with remaining sections of hair. For best results, hair should be about 6–8 inches long.
CURLING IRON BASICS
- Plug the appliance into a standard electrical outlet.
- Power on the iron and choose the desired temperature.
- Use the +/- temperature controls to select the setting for your hair type. You can use the chart outlined below as a reference. The iron will heat up very quickly
TEMPERATURE SETTINGS HAIR TYPE 265°F (130°C) – 300°F (150°C) Fragile, very fine hair 320°F (160°C) – 340°F (170°C) Thin, easy-to-curl hair 355°F (180°C) – 375°F (190°C) Normal textured hair 395°F (200°C) – 410°F (210°C) Wavy or curly hair 410°F (210°C) – 430°F (220°C) Coarse, very thick hair
The selected temperature automatically locks after 3 seconds. To unlock/change the temperature, press and hold the +/- temperature controls for 2 seconds. TEMPERATURE MEMORY FUNCTION: the iron automatically reverts to the last temperature selected when powered on.
- Section hair evenly, and comb each section before winding. Place curling iron midway up the hair section then spread hair evenly between spoon and barrel. To avoid crimped ends, make sure they are securely wound under the spoon in the direction of the desired curl.5.
- Wind the hair up as far as you want it curled, being careful not to let the iron touch the scalp. Hold in place for 8–12 seconds. For looser, free-flowing curls, roll more hair. For tighter, bouncier curls, roll less hair.
- To remove the curling iron, unwind the hair. To set the curl, do not comb or brush hair until it cools.
- Some experimenting is necessary when first using the curling iron or when changing to a different hairstyle
GRAPHITE + TITANIUM
- Graphite’s extremely smooth surface reduces friction on the hair.
- Graphite + Titanium’s heat conductivity accelerates heat transfer to help maintain even, stable temperatures, and excellent heat recovery for super-efficient styling results.
- Graphite + Titanium’s strength delivers a styling tool that will stand up to the rigorsof daily salon use, day-in-day-out
GET TO KNOW YOUR PROFESSIONAL CURLING IRON
Available Barrel Sizes:
- BGT75NUC – ¾”
- BGT100NUC – 1″
- BGT125NUC – 1¼”.
THIS PRODUCT IS EQUIPPED WITH AN INSTANT HEAT CIRCUITRY. DO NOT LEAVE THE PRODUCT ON OR PLUGGED IN WHILE NOT IN USE. THE UNIT WILL BURN OUT IF POWER IS KEPT ON FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED. TURN THE UNIT OFF AND UNPLUG WHEN NOT IN USE.
Your iron is virtually maintenance-free. No lubrication is needed. Keep all vents and openings clear of dirt and dust. If cleaning becomes necessary, disconnect the unit from the power source, allow it to cool and wipe the exterior with a cloth. If any abnormal condition occurs, unplug the unit, allow it to cool, and return it for repair to an authorized service representative only. No repairs should be attempted by the consumer.
NEVER allow the power supply cord to be pulled or twisted. Never wrap the cord around the unit. Damage will occur at the high flex point of entry into the unit, causing it to rupture and short circuit. Inspect the cord frequently for damage. Stop use immediately if damage is visible or if unit stops or operates intermittently.
When not in use, your appliance is easy to store. Allow unit to cool, then simply put back in the box and store out of reach of children in a safe, dry location. Do not jerk or strain cord at plug connections.
WARNING: IF YOU THINK THE POWER IS OFF WHEN THE SWITCH IS OFF, YOU’RE WRONG.
KEEP AWAY FROM WATEREveryone knows that electricity and water are a dangerous combination, but did you know that an electrical appliance is still electrically live even if the switch is off? If the plug is in, the power is on. So when you are not using your appliances, keep them unplugged.
ALWAYS UNPLUG SMALL APPLIANCES.
LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
(For U.S. and Canada only)
BabylissPro will repair or replace (at our option) your unit free of charge for 24 months from the date of purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service center listed below, together with your purchase receipt and $10.00 for postage and handling. California residents need only provide proof of purchase and should call 1-800-326-6247 for shipping instructions. In the absence of a purchase receipt, the warranty period shall be 24 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 24-MONTH DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN, LIMITED WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BABY LISSPRO BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER
WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
BabylissProService Department7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd. Glendale, AZ 85307
Please return your defective appliance to your distributor, or to:ATTN: Dannyco Professional Service CenterCONAIR CONSUMER PRODUCTS ULC100 Conair ParkwayWoodbridge, OntarioL4H 0L2Dannyco Professional’s Service Centre:1-800-363-0707, or email us email@example.com.
If you are sending your defective appliance which is covered by this guarantee, directly to the Dannyco Professional Service Center, it must be accompanied by the following:
- your dated sales slip;
- a precise description of the defect;
- your complete return address and daytime phone number; and,
- a $10 money order for postage and handling
Documents / Resources
|BaByliss PRO BGT75 Ionic Curling Iron [pdf] Instruction Manual|
BGT75, Ionic Curling Iron