BaByliss PRO BAB8705U Cordless Super Motor Collection User Guide
CORDLESS SUPER MOTOR COLLECTION
Heavy duty, lithium powered cordless clipper and trimmer with dual charging stand. With precision engineered Japanese steel blades and a high-torque brushless motor for outstanding cutting, performance and precise control
- High power cord or cordless performance
- Precision engineered Japanese steel blades with a super sharp V cutting angle
- Advanced lithium for sustained power performance
- 3 hour charge time for 120 minutes run time
- High-torque brushless motor for long-lasting power and speed
- 6 comb guides for cutting grades 1-6
- 5 position adjustable taper lever
- All metal housing
- High power cord or cordless control
- Precision engineered Japanese steel blades with super sharp V cutting angle
- Lithium technology for sustained power performance
- 3 hours charge time for 85 minutes run time
- Interchangeable 30mm and 40mm zero gap adjustable cutting blades
- High-torque brushless motor for long-lasting power and speed
- 6mm and 10mm comb guides
- Robust all metal housing design
- Original instructions. Read these safety precautions carefully before using the unit! This appliance shouldonly be used as described within this instruction booklet. Please retain for future reference.
IMPORTANT CHILD SAFETY
- ALWAYS keep out of the reach of very young children (during and after use).
- This appliance should not be used, cleaned or maintained by children.
- Always take extra care if used on children or near children.
- Do not use on very young children.
- UK Only: Do not use this appliance in the bathroom.
- Outside the UK: If using the appliance in a bathroom, unplug after use as the proximity of water can be dangerous even if the appliance is switched off. For additional protection the installation of a residual current device (RCD) with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
- WARNING! Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids.Keep the appliance dry.
- The appliance’s charging stand and/or adaptor must be kept away from sources of water so that they do not fall into the water.
- CAUTION: Keep the power cord and the appliance dry. For appliances with a removable power supply unit, remove the power cord before cleaning or using the appliance under running water.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged or if the appliance has been dropped. In the event of damage contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
- Do not use the appliance if the charging adaptor or lead is damaged. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. If the charging adaptor or lead is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer. Return the appliance to the Customer Care Centre (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information). No repair must be attempted by the consumer.
- Only use the attachments supplied with this appliance.
- WARNING! For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable charging supply unit provided with this appliance – CA82M. This symbol indicates there is a detachable power supply for means of charging.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when switched on.
- Do not leave the appliance plugged in for more than 24 hours.
- Unplug immediately if any problems occur during use.
- Do not place the appliance on any surface whilst in operation.
- Special care is required when using the appliance close to the ears, eyes and face.
- This appliance may be used by children aged from 8 and older and people with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction on the safe use of the appliance and understand the hazards involved. Children must not play with the appliance.
- This product contains a lithium ion rechargeable battery that is not to be removed from the appliance for charging. The batteries in this appliance are nonreplaceable. Batteries must be disposed of safely at the end of life. Please take to a recycling centre for safe disposal. If the battery leaks, avoid touching it and dispose of it at a recycling centre.
WEEE – END-OF-LIFE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC
In everybody’s interest and to actively participate in protecting the environment and human health:
- Do not discard your products with your unsorted household wastes.
- The WEEE (Waste electrical and electronic equipment) must be collected separately.
- Use the return and collection systems dedicated to the WEEE available in your area. In this way, some materials can be recycled, re-used or recovered.
- By ensuring this product is disposed of properly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health due to possible content of hazardous substances.
For more detailed information about the disposal of this product, please contact your local household waste disposal service.
PREPARATION FOR USE
- Always inspect the appliance before use to ensure the clipper and trimmer blades are free from hair, debris etc.
- Use on clean, dry hair that has been combed until tangle-free.
- For optimum cutting performance, it is highly recommended to oil the blades after every use.
- When using the oil for the first time, unscrew the cap and cut off the very end of the plastic tube with a pair of scissors.
- Remove the blade guard and switch the appliance on.
- Holding the clipper/trimmer at a 45 degree angle, gently squeeze the oil tube and apply 2 drops directly onto the blades.
- Leave the unit on for a further few seconds to allow the oil to thoroughly spread along the length of the blades.
- Switch off the unit and remove any excess oil by gently dabbing with a cloth before using on hair.
- To attach a comb guide, ensure the appliance is switched off. Position the comb guide over the front of the clipper blade and slide over the head. Push and click the rear of the comb guide into position.
- To remove the comb guide, ensure the appliance is switched off. Push th
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Charging the Appliance
- Before using the clipper and trimmer for the first time, charge the batteries continuously for 3 hours. Maximum battery capacity will only be reached after 3 completed charging and discharging cycles.
- Connect the charging cable into the back of the charging stand. Plug into a suitable mains power socket and switch on. Place the clipper and trimmer into the dual charging stand. The red LED indicator lights will flash when correctly placed in to the stand and will continuously flash until the battery has fully charged. When the batteries are fully charged the LED indicator lights will stop flashing but remain on.
NOTE: Always place the clipper/trimmer in the base with the ‘I/0’ switch in the OFF position.
- When the clipper/trimmer is running low on charge, the LED indicator light will flash, warning there is approximately 3 minutes of battery use remaining.
- Clipper – a 3 hour charge will provide approximately 120 minutes use. A 30 minute quick charge will provide approximately 30 minutes use.
- Trimmer – a 3 hour charge will provide approximately 85 minutes use. A 30 minute quick charge will provide approximately 30 minutes use.
- If the charging light starts to flash rapidly (more than 4 flashes per second) then the appliance is faulty. If this happens then please stop charging and remove the adapter from the mains and contact the Conair Customer Care Line. (See ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
Preserving the Batteries
- In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries, the appliance should be recharged for 3 hours approximately every 3 months.
- Using the clipper/trimmer on the mains – ensure that the clipper is switched off. Plug into a suitable mains socket. Wait for approximately a minute, and then switch on.
IMPORTANT: Do not use the clipper/trimmer in this mode for more than 20 minutes.
The taper control lever enables fine cut adjustment for precision clipping.
- To increase the cutting length, push the lever down.
- To reduce the cutting length, push the lever up.
This appliance is supplied with 6 comb guides:
For an all over even cut
- Attach a comb guide as required – your clipper is supplied with 6 comb guides (grades 1-6). Each comb guide is labelled.
- Switch the clipper to the ‘I-ON’ position and the blades will start to move.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, hold the clipper with the teeth of the comb guide pointing upwards, ensuring that the comb guide is resting flat against the head.
- Slowly move the clipper upwards and outwards through the hair towards your crown, against the direction of the hair growth. The comb guide will help to lift the hair and the blades will cut the hair at the desired length.
- Once the desired length is achieved at the back of the hair, start clipping the top and sides.
- Hold the clipper to the front of your hair with the teeth pointing towards the back of your head, and move the clipper towards your crown. Repeat as necessary, moving in rows from the front and the sides of your head to the back.
- You should achieve an even length cut all over your head.
For shorter back and sides, with length on the top
- Attach the longer comb guide as required for the top of your hair – your clipper is supplied with 6 comb guides (grades 1-6). Each comb guide is labelled.
- Switch the clipper to the ‘I-ON’ position and the blades will start to move.
- Hold the clipper to the front of your hair with the teeth pointing towards the back of your head and move the clipper towards your crown. Repeat as necessary, moving in rows from the front and the sides of your head to the back.
- If you then wish to take the back and sides of your hair to a shorter length, switch off the appliance and attach a shorter comb guide.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, with the comb guide flat against the head, move the clipper upwards and outwards over the area you want to take shorter.
- Repeat through the sides of the hair, starting with the teeth of the clipper pointing upwards and the comb guide flat against the area above the ear, again moving the clipper upwards and outwards.
- To tidy up the edges around your cut e.g. neckline and sideburns, detach the comb guides.
- Hold the appliance upside down, so the front of the clipper is facing towards your head.
- Hold the clipper straight on your sideburns or neckline and move the clipper downwards. This will give you a clean, smooth finish.
This trimmer is supplied with 2 comb guides.
No.1 – 6mm
No.2 – 10mm
To attach a comb, hold it by the sides and clip it over the teeth of the blade. To remove the comb, simply push off.
Zero Gap Adjustment Tool
IMPORTANT! Only ever attempt to zero gap the blades using the adjustment tool, following the instructions very precisely.
The adjustment tool is required to adjust the blades to zero gap, to achieve a closer, more precise cut
Before placing the blade into the adjustment tool, use the screwdriver provided to loosen the tension screws, without removing them completely from the blade holder.
Place the blade into the adjustment tool in the side labelled ‘Zero Gap’.
Push the blade guide up as far as the adjustment tool allows, so the moving blade sits closely with the top of the adjustment tool. The blades will now be flush with each other.
Using the screwdriver, tighten the tension screws to hold the blade in place
Remove the blade from the adjustment tool by gently pushing the blade from the opposite side.
REGULAR – Resetting the blade for regular use
Before placing the blade into the adjustment tool, use the screwdriver provided to loosen the tension screws, without removing them completely from the blade holder. Place the blade into the adjustment tool in the side marked Regular.
The tool will automatically push the moving blade down to its regular postion.
Tighten the tension screws to hold the blade in place.
Remove the blade from the adjustment tool by gently pushing the blade from the opposite side. REGULAR – Resetting the blade for regular use
Cleaning & Maintenance
- To maintain optimum performance, the clipper and trimmer should be cleaned after each use.
- Blow away any remaining hair on the blades or use the cleaning brush provided.
- Remove the comb guide. The comb guide can be rinsed under running water. Ensure they are dried thoroughly before storage or further use.
- Do not disassemble the blades.
- Oil the blades after every use to ensure optimum cutting performance.
Vibration and noise levels – clipper and trimmer
Vibrations: < 2,5 m/s²
LpA (dB(A)): < 70
This BaByliss PRO appliance is guaranteed for professional use for 2 years and is only valid within the United Kingdom.
This guarantee will no longer be valid meaning that The Conair Group Ltd will not be liable to repair or replace your product where:
- The appliance has been used on a voltage supply other than that which is marked on the product, or advised within this instruction booklet.
- The appliance has been purchased from an unauthorised stockist*.
- Repairs or alterations have been attempted by unauthorised persons.
- The failure of the appliance is a direct result of misuse.
- The failure is a result of not following the instructions for use.
This guarantee does not cover any cosmetic damage due to misuse of the product nor any damage to persons or property that occurs because of product misuse.
*unauthorised stockists include, but are not limited to online auction sites, private sellers and those selling second hand goods, refurbished products etc.
Please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on authorised stockists.
It is important to retain your proof of purchase. We recommend attaching your receipt to this page.
Even where a refund may be applicable, no refund will be provided without a valid receipt or proof of purchase, we will only be able to offer a repair or replacement service. Please note this does not apply if the product was purchased directly from The Conair Group Ltd.
Guarantees on replacement products run from the original purchase date or date of delivery, whichever is later, and not from the date of replacement.
This guarantee is an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you have any queries regarding this guarantee please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or
UK AFTER SALES SERVICE
For further advice on using the appliance or should you need to return your product, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail your enquiry to
Customer Care Centre
Unit 4, Revolution Park
Please enclose your returns number, name and address details, together with a copy of proof of purchase and details of the fault.
Please note this Instruction Booklet is not the guarantee.
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it should be handed to an appropriate collection point for the recycling of Electrical and Electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
UKCA DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
In accordance with UK Government guidance
We, the undersigned, take full responsibility for the product’s compliance.
Type of product : Clipper & Trimmer set
Type number : T160a (with T149a)
Trademark : BaByliss PRO / Conair / CPL
With following characteristics : 100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 4.5VDC, 2.5A, 11.25W
Country of origin : China
Manufacturer name : Conair UK
The object of the declaration described above is in conformity with the relevant UK Statutory Instruments (and their amendments):
2016 No. 1101 Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016
2016 No. 1091 Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016
2012 No. 3032 Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012
2019 No. 539 Ecodesign for energy-related products and energy information (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019
2008 No. 1597 Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
References to the relevant designated standards used or references to the other technical specifications in relation to which conformity is declared:
BS EN 60335-1 2012 A2: 2019
BS EN 60335-2-8 2015 A1: 2016
(including EMF) BS EN 62233 2008
Ecodesign BS EN 50563 2011 A1: 2013
BS EN 55014-1 2017
BS EN 55014-2 2015
BS EN 61000-3-2 2014
BS EN 61000-3-3 2013
The technical documentation is available from:
Name: The Conair Group Ltd,
Address: Unit 4, Revolution Park, Buckshaw Avenue, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7DW
Signed by and on behalf of:
BABYLISS FACO S.R.L. (authorised by BABYLISS S.A.R.L. and The Conair Group Ltd) Avenue de l’Indépendance 25, B-4020 Wandre, Belgium
EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
DECLARATION UE DE CONFORMITÉ
This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer
ype of product: Clipper
Type number: T160a (with T149a)
With following characteristics
100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 4.5VDC, 2.5A, 11.25W
Country of origin : China
The object of the declaration described above is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonisation legislation
2014/35/UE Low Voltage Directive
2014/30/UE ElectroMagnetic Compatibility Directive
2011/65/UE RoHS Directive and its amendments including (EU) 2015/863 / Directive RoHS et
ses amendements dont (UE) 2015/863
2009/125/CE Ecodesign Directives implemented by the Commission Regulations (EC) No.
1275/2008 amended by (EU) No. 801/2013 and (EC) No. 2019/1782 (where
applicable) / Directive relative
Commission (CE) No. 1275/2008 modifiée par (UE) No. 801/2013 et (CE) No. 2019/1782
2006/42/EC: Machinery Directive
In accordance with the following standards: En accord avec les normes suivantes:
LVD EN 60335-1 2012 A11: 2014; AC: 2014; A13: 2017; A1: 2019; A2: 2019; A14: 2019 EN 60335-2-8 2015 A1: 2016 (inluding EMF / y compris EMF) EN 62233 2008
Ecodesign EN 50563 2011 A1: 2013
EMC EN 55014-1 2017
EN 55014-2 2015
EN 61000-3-2 2014
EN 61000-3-3 2013
CE mark first affixed / Date CE: 12/2018
Signed by and on behalf of
Documents / Resources
|BaByliss PRO BAB8705U Cordless Super Motor Collection [pdf] User Guide|
BAB8705U Cordless Super Motor Collection, BAB8705U, Cordless Super Motor Collection, Cordless Motor Collection, Super Motor Collection, Motor Collection