BAB825U Lo-Pro Clipper
User ManualLO-PRO CLIPPER
BAB825U Lo-Pro Clipper
Ergonomically designed, ultra low profile, high torque metal clipper for smooth powerful cutting and comfortable handling.
- High torque 6800 rpm brushless motor
- Metal housing with ultra low profile design
- Ergonomic design for comfortable handling
- Advanced high capacity lithium battery for up to 2.5 hours cordless use
- Low friction, lower temperature zero-gap graphite wedge blade
- 8 comb attachments – grades 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- LED low battery indicator
- 5-position metal taper lever
- Original instructions. Read these safety precautions carefully before using the unit! This appliance should only be used as described within this instruction booklet. Please retain for future reference.
IMPORTANT CHILD SAFETY
- ALWAYS keep out of the reach of very young children (during and after use).
- This appliance should not be used, cleaned or maintained by children.
- Always take extra care if used on children or near children.
- Do not use on very young children.
- WARNING! Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids.
- Keep the appliance dry.
- UK Only: Do not use this appliance in the bathroom.
- Outside the UK: If using the appliance in a bathroom, unplug after use as the proximity of water can be dangerous even if the appliance is switched off. For additional protection the installation of a residual current device (RCD) with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
- The appliance’s charging stand and/or adaptor must be kept away from sources of water so that they do not fall into the water.
- CAUTION! Keep the power cord and the appliance dry. For appliances with a removable power supply unit, remove the power cord before cleaning.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged or if the appliance has been dropped. In the event of damage contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
- Do not use the appliance if the charging adaptor or lead is damaged. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. If the charging adaptor or lead is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer. Return the appliance to the ustomer Care Centre (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information). No repair must be attempted by the consumer.
- Only use the attachments supplied with this appliance.
- WARNING! For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable charging supply unit provided with this appliance – CA78M. This symbol indicates there is a detachable power supply for means of charging.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when switched on.
- Do not leave the appliance plugged in for more than 24 hours.
- Unplug immediately if any problems occur during use.
- Do not place the appliance on any surface whilst in operation.
- Special care is required when using the appliance close to the ears, eyes and face.
- This appliance may be used by children aged from 8 and older and people with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction on the safe use of the appliance and understand the hazards involved. Children must not play with the appliance.
- This product contains a lithium ion battery that is not to be removed from the appliance for charging. The batteries in this appliance are non-replaceable. Batteries must be disposed of safely at the end of life.
Please take to a recycling centre for safe disposal. If the battery leaks, avoid touching it and dispose of it at a recycling centre.
- The supply terminals are not to be short circuited.
- This product complies fully with all appropriate EU and UK Legislation and the standards relevant to this type and class of appliance. We are an ISO9001:2015 certified company that continually evaluates our Quality Management System performance. If you have any queries regarding product safety and compliance, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section).
WEEE – END-OF-LIFE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
In everybody’s interest and to actively participate in protecting the environment and human health:
- Do not discard your products with your unsorted household wastes.
- The WEEE (Waste electrical and electronic equipment) must be collected separately.
- Use the return and collection systems dedicated to the WEEE available in your area. In this way, some materials can be recycled, re-used or recovered.
- By ensuring this product is disposed of properly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health due to possible content of hazardous substances.
For more detailed information about the disposal of this product, please contact your local household waste disposal service.
PREPARATION FOR USE
- Always inspect the appliance before use to ensure the clipper blades are free from hair, debris etc.
- Use on clean, dry hair that has been combed until tangle-free.
- For optimum cutting performance, it is highly recommended to oil the blades after every use.
- When using the oil for the first time, unscrew the cap and cut off the very end of the plastic tube with a pair of scissors.
- Remove the blade guard and switch the appliance on.
- Holding the clipper at a 45 degree angle, gently squeeze the oil tube and apply 2 drops directly onto the blades.
- Leave the unit on for a further few seconds to allow the oil to thoroughly spread along the length of the blades.
- Switch off the unit and remove any excess oil by gently dabbing with a cloth before using on hair.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Charging the Appliance
- Before using the appliance for the first time, charge the battery continuously for 3 hours. Maximum battery capacity will only be reached after 3 completed charging and discharging cycles.
- Plug the charging adapter into a suitable mains power socket and connect to the unit and switch on. The LED indicator light will flash when correctly connected to the mains power and will continuously flash until the battery has fully charged. When the battery is fully charged the LED indicator light will stop flashing but remain on.
NOTE: Always place the clipper in the base with the ‘I/0’ switch in the OFF position.
- When the clipper is running low on charge, the LED indicator light will flash, warning there is approximately 3 minutes of battery use remaining. A 3 hour charge will provide approximately 2.5 hours use.
- If the charging light starts to flash rapidly (more than 4 flashes per second) then the appliance is faulty. If this happens then please stop charging and remove the adapter from the mains and contact the Conair Customer Care Line. (See ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
Preserving the Batteries
- In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries, the appliance should be recharged for 3 hours approximately every 6 months.
- Using the clipper on the mains – ensure that the clipper is switched off. Plug into a suitable mains socket. Wait for approximately a minute, and then switch on.
IMPORTANT: Do not use the clipper in this mode for more than 20 minutes.
HOW TO USE COMB ATTACHMENTS
To use the comb attachments, turn the clipper to the ‘0’ (OFF) position.
Slide the comb attachment onto the top of the clipper blade, and then pull down and over the back of the blade. To remove, pull up on the back of the comb attachment and then pull away from the blade.
REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF BLADE
- Step 1. Unplug the unit and adjust the taper (see position in illustration A).
- Step 2. Remove the screws and the fixed blade. Save the screws.
- Step 3. Lift off the small moving blade and replace it with the new one on the plastic oscillator (see illustration B).
- Step 4. Replace the fixed blade using the screws and lightly tighten them. Adjust the teeth, as shown in illustration C, to a gap of 1mm to 1.5mm. The small, moving blade should be as centered and as parallel as possible to the fixed blade’s teeth.
The top edge of the fixed blade must be a minimum of 1mm higher than the top edge of the moving blade and as centered as possible.
This is important so that the moving blade does not come in contact with the skin.
BaBylissPRO cutting blades are ground from the finest quality graphite and are hardened to extend the cutting performance. As with any cutting appliance, the cutting edges become dull from repeated use. Increasing blade tension to force the blade cutting would cause the clipper to overheat and reduce its motor life. When the blade is no longer able to cut smoothly, sharpening is required or replace it with a new BaBylissPRO blade set.
ADJUSTABLE TAPER LEVER
The taper lever is positioned at your thumb. You can hold the clipper in your hand and adjust the lever while you are clipping.
The taper lever adjusts the closeness of the cut—from a close cut with the taper lever in the up position to a longer length cut with the taper lever in the down position. To increase cutting length, slowly push the lever down. To cut closer, push the lever up. As different cutting edges are used in each setting, using the taper lever lengthens the life of the clipper blades. Hair buildup can slow down the clipper. Keep the clipper on for removing hair. Then push the taper lever back and forth quickly several times. If you do this every time, especially after cutting a lot of hair, the clipper blades should remain free of cut hair. Oil the blades after the above procedures.
Cleaning & Maintenance
- To maintain optimum performance, the appliance should be cleaned after each use.
- Blow away any remaining hair on the blades or use the cleaning brush provided.
- Remove the comb guide. The comb guide can be rinsed under running water. Ensure they are dried thoroughly before storage or further use.
- Oil the blades after every use to ensure optimum cutting performance.
IMPORTANT: Blades must be cleaned and oiled on a regular basis for proper functioning. Failure to regularly clean and oil the blades will void the guarantee.
DO NOT RINSE BLADE, CLIPPER HANDLE OR ADAPTER
This BaByliss PRO appliance is guaranteed for professional use for 2 years and is only valid within the United Kingdom.
This guarantee will no longer be valid meaning that The Conair Group Ltd will not be liable to repair or replace your product where:
- The appliance has been used on a voltage supply other than that which is marked on the product, or advised within this instruction booklet.
- The appliance has been purchased from an unauthorised stockist*.
- Repairs or alterations have been attempted by unauthorised persons.
- The failure of the appliance is a direct result of misuse.
- The failure is a result of not following the instructions for use.
This guarantee does not cover any cosmetic damage due to misuse of the product nor any damage to persons or property that occurs because of product misuse.
* unauthorised stockists include, but are not limited to online auction sites, private sellers and those selling second hand goods, refurbished products etc.
Please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail email@example.com for
further information on authorised stockists.
It is important to retain your proof of purchase. We recommend attaching your receipt to this page.
Even where a refund may be applicable, no refund will be provided without a valid receipt or proof of purchase, we will only be able to offer a repair or replacement service. Please note this does not apply if the product was purchased directly from The Conair Group Ltd.
Guarantees on replacement products run from the original purchase date or date of delivery, whichever is later, and not from the date of replacement.
This guarantee is an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you have any queries regarding this guarantee please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK AFTER SALES SERVICE
For further advice on using the appliance or should you need to return your product, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail your enquiry to email@example.com.
Customer Care Centre
Unit 4, Revolution Park
Please enclose your returns number, name and address details, together with a copy of proof of purchase and details of the fault. Please note this Instruction Booklet is not the guarantee.
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it should be handed to an appropriate collection point for the recycling of Electrical and Electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
Documents / Resources
|BaByliss PRO BAB825U Lo-Pro Clipper [pdf] User Manual|
BAB825U Lo-Pro Clipper, BAB825U, BAB825U Clipper, Lo-Pro Clipper, Clipper