BaByliss Pro BAB7880U Professional High-Torque Super Motor Trimmer
PROFESSIONAL HIGH-TORQUE SUPER MOTOR TRIMMER
This heavy-duty trimmer features a choice of 2 interchangeable Japanese steel blades with zero gap adjustment for precision and control. Long-life lithium battery and super fast charging guarantees sustained performance for the ultimate in precision detailing. A high-torque brushless motor delivers high power performance for clean, close cutting.
- High power cord or cordless control
- Precision engineered Japanese steel blades with super sharp V cutting angle
- Interchangeable 30mm and 40mm zero gap adjustable cutting blades
- Lithium technology for sustained power performance
- High-torque brushless motor for long-lasting power and speed
- Absolutely balanced for superior handling
- 6mm and 10mm comb guides
- Robust all metal housing design
- Charging and storage stand
- Oil and cleaning brush
- Original instructions. Read these safety precautions carefully before using the unit! This appliance should only be used as described within this instruction booklet. Please retain for future reference.
IMPORTANT CHILD SAFETY
- ALWAYS keep out of the reach of very young children (during and after use).
- This appliance should not be used, cleaned or maintained by children.
- Always take extra care if used on children or near children.
- Do not use on very young children.
- WARNING! Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids.
- Keep the appliance dry.
- UK Only: Do not use this appliance in the bathroom.
- Outside the UK: If using the appliance in a bathroom, unplug after use as the proximity of water can be dangerous even if the appliance is switched off. For additional protection the installation of a residual current device (RCD) with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
- The appliance’s charging stand and/or adaptor must be kept away from sources of water so that they do not fall into the water.
- CAUTION! Keep the power cord and the appliance dry. For appliances with a removable power supply unit, remove the power cord before cleaning.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged or if the appliance has been dropped. In the event of damage contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
- Do not use the appliance if the charging adaptor or lead is damaged. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. If the charging adaptor or lead is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer. Return the appliance to the Customer Care Centre (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information). No repair must be attempted by the consumer.
- Only use the attachments supplied with this appliance.
- WARNING! For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable charging supply unit provided with this appliance – (CA80M). This symbol indicates there is a detachable power supply for means of charging.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when switched on.
- Do not leave the appliance plugged in for more than 24 hours.
- Unplug immediately if any problems occur during use.
- Do not place the appliance on any surface whilst in operation.
- Special care is required when using the appliance close to the ears, eyes and face.
- This appliance may be used by children aged from 8 and older and people with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction on the safe use of the appliance and understand the hazards involved. Children must not play with the appliance.
- This product contains a lithium ion rechargeable battery that is not to be removed from the appliance for charging. The batteries in this appliance are non-replaceable. Batteries must be disposed of safely at the end of life. Please take to a recycling center for safe disposal. If the battery leaks, avoid touching it and dispose of it at a recycling center.
- The supply terminals are not to be short circuited.
- This product complies fully with all appropriate EU and UK Legislation and the standards relevant to this type and class of appliance. We are an ISO9001:2015 certified company that continually evaluates our Quality Management System performance. If you have any queries regarding product safety and compliance, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section).
WEEE – END-OF-LIFE ELECTRICAL ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
In everybody’s interest and to actively participate in protecting the environment and human health:
- • Do not discard your products with your unsorted household wastes.
• The WEEE (Waste electrical and electronic equipment) must be collected separately.
• Use the return and collection systems dedicated to the WEEE available in your area. In this way, some materials can be recycled, re-used or recovered.
• By ensuring this product is disposed of properly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health due to possible content of hazardous substances.
For more detailed information about the disposal of this product, please contact your local household waste disposal service.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Charging the appliance – Before using the appliance for the first time, charge the battery continuously for 3 hours. Maximum battery capacity will only be reached after 3 completed charging and discharging cycles.
- Plug the charging adapter into a suitable mains power socket and switch on. The red LED indicator light will flash when correctly connected to the mains power and will continuously flash until the battery has fully charged. When the battery is fully charged the LED indicator light will stop flashing but remain on.
NOTE: Always place the trimmer in the base with the ‘I/0’ switch in the OFF position.
- When the clipper is running low on charge, the LED indicator light will flash, warning there is approximately 3 minutes of battery use remaining. A 3 hour charge will provide approximately 85 minutes use. A 30 minute quick charge will provide approximately 30 minutes use.
- If the charging light starts to flash rapidly (more than 4 flashes per second) then the appliance is faulty. If this happens then please stop charging and remove the adapter from the mains and contact the Conair Customer Care Line. (See ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
- Preserving the batteries – In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries, the appliance should be recharged for 3 hours approximately every 3 months.
- Using the trimmer on the mains – ensure that the trimmer is switched off. Plug into a suitable mains socket. Wait for approximately a minute, and then switch on.
IMPORTANT: Do not use the trimmer in this mode for more than 20 minutes.
USE OF THE COMB GUIDES
This trimmer is supplied with 2 comb guides.
- No.1 – 6mm
- No.2 – 10mm
To attach a comb, hold it by the sides and clip it over the teeth of the blade. To remove the comb, simply push off.
ZERO GAP ADJUSTMENT TOOL
IMPORTANT! Only ever attempt to zero gap the blades using the adjustment tool, following the instructions very precisely.
The adjustment tool is required to adjust the blades to zero gap, to achieve a closer, more precise cut.
Before placing the blade into the adjustment tool, use the screwdriver provided to loosen the tension screws, without removing them completely from the blade holder.
Place the blade into the adjustment tool in the side labelled ‘Zero Gap’.
Push the blade guide up as far as the adjustment tool allows, so the moving blade sits closely with the top of the adjustment tool. The blades will now be flush with each other.
Using the screwdriver, tighten the tension screws to hold the blade in place.
Remove the blade from the adjustment tool by gently pushing the blade from the opposite side.
REGULAR – Resetting the blade for regular use
Before placing the blade into the adjustment tool, use the screwdriver provided to loosen the tension screws, without removing them completely from the blade holder. Place the blade into the adjustment tool in the side marked Regular.
The tool will automatically push the moving blade down to its regular postion.
Tighten the tension screws to hold the blade in place.
Remove the blade from the adjustment tool by gently pushing the blade from the opposite side.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
To maintain correct performance, the blades must be regularly cleaned and oiled. They are removable for easy cleaning.
- With the trimmer facing you, push the blade up and away from the trimmer to remove.
- Brush away the hair from the blades and the interior of the cutting head with the cleaning brush.
- It is recommended to oil the blades every time that the trimmer is used, using the oil provided. Never use any other product: this oil was formulated for high speed trimmers, it does not evaporate or slow down the blades.
- After cleaning click the blade frame back in place.
Vibration and noise levels
This BaByliss PRO appliance is guaranteed for professional use for 2 years and is only valid within the United Kingdom.
This guarantee will no longer be valid meaning that The Conair Group Ltd will not be liable to repair or replace your product where:
- The appliance has been used on a voltage supply other than that which is marked on the product, or advised within this instruction booklet.
- The appliance has been purchased from an unauthorised stockist*.
- Repairs or alterations have been attempted by unauthorized persons.
- The failure of the appliance is a direct result of misuse.
- The failure is a result of not following the instructions for use.
This guarantee does not cover any cosmetic damage due to misuse of the product nor any damage to persons or property that occurs because of product misuse.
* unauthorized stockists include, but are not limited to online auction sites, private sellers and those selling second hand goods, refurbished products etc.
Please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on authorised stockists.
It is important to retain your proof of purchase. We recommend attaching your receipt to this page.
Even where a refund may be applicable, no refund will be provided without a valid receipt or proof of purchase, we will only be able to offer a repair or replacement service. Please note this does not apply if the product was purchased directly from The Conair Group Ltd.
Guarantees on replacement products run from the original purchase date or date of delivery, whichever is later, and not from the date of replacement.
This guarantee is an additional beneﬁt and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If you have any queries regarding this guarantee please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail email@example.com.
UK AFTER SALES SERVICE
For further advice on using the appliance or should you need to return your product, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Care Centre
Unit 4, Revolution Park
Please enclose your returns number, name and address details, together with a copy of proof of purchase and details of the fault.
Please note this Instruction Booklet is not the guarantee.
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it should be handed to an appropriate collection point for the recycling of Electrical and Electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
Documents / Resources
|BaByliss Pro BAB7880U Professional High-Torque Super Motor Trimmer [pdf] Instruction Manual|
BAB7880U Professional High-Torque Super Motor Trimmer, BAB7880U, Professional High-Torque Super Motor Trimmer, High-Torque Super Motor Trimmer, Super Motor Trimmer, Motor Trimmer, Trimmer