Babyliss PRO BAB2875U IB Titanium Expression 32mm Hair Curling Tong
BaByliss PRO has been at the forefront of hair styling innovation and inspiration for over 50 years. We produce innovative, professional products engineered with demanding session and salon performance in mind.
With our Titanium Expression range, you can create any look from session to salon. Our stylers feature Titanium Ceratherm™ technology; a combination of premium titanium with a fast-action ceramic heating system to give consistent, even heat that you can rely on for a perfect ﬁnish.
Original instructions. Read these safety precautions carefully before using the unit! This appliance should only be used as described within this instruction booklet. Please retain for future reference.
WARNING! BURN HAZARD : THIS APPLIANCE GETS HOT! ALWAYS keep out of reach of children (during and after use and whilst cooling). Always take extra care if used on children or near children. Do not use on very young children.
- UK Only: This appliance must not be used in the bathroom.
- Outside the UK: If using the appliance in a bathroom, unplug after use as the proximity of water can be dangerous even if the appliance is switched off. For additional protection the installation of a residual current device (RCD) with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
- WARNING! Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Do not immerse the appliance into water or other liquids.
- Always inspect the appliance before use for noticeable signs of damage. Do not use if damaged, or if the appliance has been dropped. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. Contact the Conair Customer Care Line (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
- Do not use the appliance if the lead is damaged. In the event of damage, discontinue use immediately. If the lead is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer. Return the appliance to the Customer Care Centre (refer to ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information). No repair must be attempted by the consumer.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when switched on or plugged in.
- During use, do not place the appliance on any heat sensitive surface, even when using the heat mat provided.
- WARNING! Only hold the handle during use. Do not touch the hot surfaces of the appliance when in use as these can be extremely hot.
- Take care to avoid the hot surface of the appliance coming into direct contact with the skin, in particular the eyes, ears, face and neck.
- In the event of the appliance being left switched on, the appliance will automatically shut off after 72 minutes. If you wish to continue using the appliance after this time, simply press and hold the ‘I/0’ button to turn the power on.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand, the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Allow the appliance to cool before storing away.
- After use, do not coil the lead around the appliance as this may cause damage. Instead, coil loosely by the side of the appliance.
- Do not use any accessories other than those recommended by BaByliss.
- Always unplug the appliance when not in use or before cleaning.
- This product complies fully with all appropriate EU and UK Legislation and the Standards relevant to this type and class of appliance. We are an ISO9001:2015 certiﬁed company that continually evaluates our Quality Management System performance. If you have any queries regarding product safety and compliance, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line. (See ‘UK After Sales Service’ section for further information).
32MM CURLING TONG
Create smooth, loose curls with the 32mm Curling Tong featuring a large titanium-ceramic barrel and up to 210˚C high heat. The advanced heating system delivers precision-regulated temperatures and instant heat transfer for fast, long-lasting results.
- 32mm barrel with superior titanium-ceramic ﬁnish
- Advanced heating system delivers precision-regulated temperature control
- Ultra-fast heat up and instant heat recovery
- High heat performance up to 210˚C
- 11 digital temperature settings for enhanced heat protection on all hair types
- Stay cool safety tip
- Auto shut-off for added safety
- Salon length 2.7m swivel cord for ease of use
- Heat mat with storage compartment for convenience and safety
There are 11 temperature settings to select from (160°C-210°C) for enhanced heat protection on all hair types. If you have delicate, ﬁne, bleached or coloured hair, use the lower heat settings. For thicker hair, use the higher heat settings. It is suggested to always complete a test on initial use to ensure the correct temperature is used on the hair type. Start on the lowest setting and increase the temperature until desired result is achieved.
Below is a guide of the temperature settings.
|Hair Type Description||Very Fine, Fragile Hair||Regularly Coloured or Highlighted Hair||Fine, Easy to Curl Hair||Normal Textured Hair||Naturally Curly or Wavy Hair||Thick or Coarse Hair|
|Recommended Temperature Setting||160°C||170°C||180°C||190°C||200°C||210°C|
HOW TO USE YOUR CURLING TONG
CAUTION! Do not place the appliance on any heat sensitive surface whilst in operation. Use the heat mat provided to protect the work surface whilst styling your hair.
- Press and hold the button marked ‘I/0’ to switch the styler on. The temperature display panel will begin to ﬂash 160°C.
- The styler will automatically adjust to the 160°C temperature setting each time it is switched on and this will be displayed on the LCD screen. I MPORTANT: Within 4 seconds of turning the styler on, the temperature setting will automatically lock. You are able to adjust the temperature setting immediately after switching on the styler, however if the temperature locks, hold down either the ‘+/-’ buttons for 1-2 seconds to change the temperature.
- The temperature increases in 5°C increments for speciﬁc temperature control (160°C-210°C).
NOTE: Always start with a lower temperature setting and increase gradually if required.
- The temperature on the display will ﬂash while the styler is heating up to the selected temperature. You may still change the temperature setting at this time.
- When the selected temperature has been reached, the temperature display will stop ﬂashing.
WARNING! This appliance reaches up to 210°C, please take care to avoid the hot surface of the barrel coming in to direct contact with the skin, in particular the ears, eyes, face and neck.
- Section dry hair evenly and comb through before styling.
- Press the lever and place the tong midway up the hair section and spread hair evenly between the lever and the barrel.
- Once hair is in place carefully let go of the lever so the hair is held securely between the lever and the barrel. Gently slide the tong down to the hair ends.
NOTE: If using this product on someone else, wrap all the hair section around the barrel before you let go of the lever.
- Wind the hair at a slight angle, so the hair wraps around the barrel in a spiral motion. As you wind the hair around the barrel, ensure the hair is distributed evenly so the entire section is touching the barrel; try not to overlap the hair.
- Hold in place for 5-8 seconds depending on the texture and length of the hair.
- To remove the tong from the hair, press the lever and pull tong away.
- Allow the curl to cool before styling it further.
- Repeat as necessary through the remaining sections. Use the heat protection mat to place your styler on between each section to protect surfaces.
- After use, press and hold the ‘I/0’ button for 1-2 seconds to switch your styler off and unplug.
- Allow to cool completely before storing away. For extra protection, wrap the styler in the salon heat wrap.
SALON HEAT WRAP
The tong comes with a salon heat wrap for use during and after styling. During use do not place this appliance on any heat sensitive surface, even when using the wrap provided. After use, switch off and unplug the appliance. Immediately wrap the appliance in the heat wrap provided and allow the appliance to fully cool down. Continue to keep it out of the reach of children as it will remain hot for several minutes.
IMPORTANT: The black satin material is not heat resistant and the appliance should not be placed on this material whilst hot.
This appliance has an automatic shut off feature for added safety. If the appliance is switched on for more than 72 minutes continuously, it will automatically switch off. If you wish to continue using the appliance after this time, simply press and hold the ‘I/0’ button to turn the power on.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR CURLING TONG
To help keep your appliance in the best possible condition follow the steps below:
- Do not wrap the lead around the appliance, instead coil the lead loosely by the side of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance at a stretch from the power point.
- Always unplug after use.
This BaByliss PRO appliance is guaranteed for professional use for 1 year and is only valid within the United Kingdom.
This guarantee will no longer be valid meaning that The Conair Group Ltd will not be liable to repair or replace your product where:
- The appliance has been used on a voltage supply other than that which is marked on the product, or advised within this instruction booklet
- The appliance has been purchased from an unauthorized stockiest*
- Repairs or alterations have been attempted by unauthorized persons
- The failure of the appliance is a direct result of misuse
- The failure is a result of not following the instructions for use
This guarantee does not cover any cosmetic damage due to misuse of the product nor any damage to persons or property that occurs because of product misuse.
*unauthorised stockists include, but are not limited to online auction sites, private sellers and those selling second hand goods, refurbished products etc.
Please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on authorised stockists.
It is important to retain your proof of purchase. We recommend attaching your receipt to this page.
Even where a refund may be applicable, no refund will be provided without a valid receipt or proof of purchase, we will only be able to offer a repair or replacement service. Please note this does not apply if the product was purchased directly from The Conair Group Ltd.
Guarantees on replacement products run from the original purchase date or date of delivery, whichever is later, and not from the date of replacement.
This guarantee is an additional benefit and does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If you have any queries regarding this guarantee please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail email@example.com.
UK AFTER SALES SERVICE
For further advice on using the appliance or should you need to return your product, please contact the Conair Customer Care Line on 03705 133 191 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday) or e-mail your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Care Centre
Unit 4, Revolution Park
Please enclose your returns number, name and address details, together with a copy of proof of purchase and details of the fault.
Please note this Instruction Booklet is not the guarantee.
The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead it should be handed to an appropriate collection point for the recycling of Electrical and Electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about the recycling of this product, please contact your local council ofﬁce or your household waste disposal service.
UKCA DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
In accordance with UK Government guidance
We, the undersigned, take full responsibility for the product’s compliance.
- Type of product : Curling Iron
- Type number : F72e
- Trademark : BaByliss PRO / Conair / CPL
- With following characteristics : 230V~, 50-60Hz, 53W
- Country of origin : China
- Manufacturer name : Conair UK
- Address : PR7 7DW
The object of the declaration described above is in conformity with the relevant UK Statutory Instruments (and their amendments):
- 2016 No. 1101 Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016
- 2016 No. 1091 Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016
- 2012 No. 3032 Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012
- 2019 No. 539 Ecodesign for energy-related products and energy information (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019
References to the relevant designated standards used or references to the other technical specifications in relation to which conformity is declared:
|LVD||BS EN 60335-1||2012||A2: 2019|
|BS EN 60335-2-23||2003||A2: 2015|
|(including EMF)||BS EN 62233||2008|
|Ecodesign||BS EN 50564||2011|
|EMC||BS EN 55014-1||2017|
|BS EN 55014-2||2015|
|BS EN IEC 61000-3-2||2019|
|BS EN 61000-3-3||2013||A1: 2019|
The technical documentation is available from:
Name: The Conair Group Ltd,
Address: Unit 4, Revolution Park, Buckshaw Avenue, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7DW
Signed by and on behalf of:
BABYLISS FACO S.R.L. (authorised by BABYLISS S.A.R.L. and The Conair Group Ltd)
Avenue de l’Indépendance 25, B-4020 Wandre, Belgium
EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
This declaration of conformity is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer
- Type of product : Curling Iron
- Type number : F72e
- Trademark : BaByliss PRO / Conair / CPL
- With following characteristics: 230V~, 50-60Hz, 53W
- Country of origin : China
The object of the declaration described above is in conformity with the relevant Union harmonization legislation:
- 2014/35/EU Low Voltage Directive
- 2014/30/EU ElectroMagnetic Compatibility Directive
- 2011/65/EU RoHS Directive and its amendments including (EU) 2015/863
- 2009/125/EC Ecodesign Directives implemented by the Commission Regulations (EC) No.
- 1275/2008 amended by (EU) No. 801/2013 and (EC) No. 2019/1782 (where applicable)
In accordance with the following standards:
|A11: 2014; AC: 2014; A13: 2017; A1: 2019;
A2: 2019; A14: 2019
A1: 2008; A11: 2010; A2: 2015
|(inluding EMF)||EN 62233||2008|
|EN 61000-3-3||2013||A1: 2019|
CE mark first affixed / CE: 06/2013
Signed by and on behalf of:
BABYLISS FACO S.R.L. (authorized by / BABYLISS S.A.R.L. and / et The Conair Group Ltd) Avenue de l’Indépendance 25, B-4020 Wandre, Belgium
Documents / Resources
|Babyliss PRO BAB2875U IB Titanium Expression 32mm Hair Curling Tong [pdf] User Manual|
BAB2875U IB, Titanium Expression 32mm Hair Curling Tong, 32mm Hair Curling Tong, Hair Curling Tong, BAB2875U IB, Curling Tong