August EPA25-30 Bluetooth Music Beanie Hat
Thank you for purchasing the August EPA25/30 Bluetooth Hat. This user manual is designed to familiarize you with all the features of this device. Please take time to read this user manual carefully, even if you are already familiar with a similar product.
To ensure your safety and the safety of others, please ensure you read the Safety Instructions before using this device. Please do not disassemble the EPA25/30 electronic device, it can be unsafe and will invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty.
Please ensure the product and accessories are disposed ofin compliance with the WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive and any other regulations in your country. Always check with the environment agency and relevant authorities for disposal regulations.
Declaration of Conformity
The Declaration of Conformity can be found on our website at: http://augustint.com/en/declaration/
You can contact us by phone on: +44 (0) 845 250 0586 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org should you require technical support or customer service.
Storage and Use
- Do not store or use this device in extreme temperatures.
- Do not expose this device to dust, oil or smoke.
- When transporting this device store securely to avoid impact damage.
- Do not store or use this device in wet or damp environments.
- Do not drop or strike this device.
- Do not scratch this device with sharp objects.
Please remove the Bluetooth headphones from this device before washing, this can be done through the Earphone access slot ( see chapter 4. Part Names and Functions). Refer to the product care label for washing instructions.
- Wireless Headset for Bluetooth Devices
- Hands-Free Calls with Integrated Microphone
- Built-in Rechargeable Battery
- USB C Charging Port
- Range: up to l0m (Class II)
- Working time: up to 2 0 hours.
- Bluetooth: 5. 0
- USB charging cable
- User manual
Part Names and Functions
- Volume down/previous track
- Enter (Power ON OFF/pause/phone answer/hang up/re-dial)
- Volume up/next track
- Power socket
- Earphone access
Switch On/ Off
To switch the device on, press and hold the Enter button until the device chimes. When on, the status LED flashes blue. To switch the device off, press and hold the Enter button for 3 seconds, until the device chimes. The status LED will flash red then turn off.
To pair to a device, turn the EPA25/30 off, then press and hold the Enter button for 7 seconds to enter pairing mode. Whilst in pairing mode, the status LED flashes red and blue. If required, the password for pairing is: 0000
For Mobile Phones
- Scan for available Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone ( see your mobile phone user manual for instructions if needed)
- Select “EPA25/30” from the available devices and confirm connection.
- The status LED will flash blue to indicate a successful connection.
Note: Accessing Bluetooth settings on mobile phones varies for each phone, to find the information for your phone, please refer to its user manual.
- Enable the Bluetooth function on your computer.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the Control Panel and click “Add a device” to start scanning for new devices.
- Select “EPA25/30” from the available devices, the system will install the driver automatically.
- Note: For Windows XP and Vista, a third-party Bluetooth driver is needed (not included).
- The status LED flashes blue to indicate a successful connection.
- To output sound from your computer to the EPA20/30 hat, select “Sound” from the Control Panel, then select the “EPA20/30” and click “Set Default”. All sound from your computer will now play from the EPA25/30 hat.
- Note: When switched on, the EPA25/30 will automatically reconnect to the last paired Bluetooth device if it is in range.
The EPA25/30 is able to control the music playing on either a mobile phone or a computer with a Bluetooth connection.
- Press “” to pause or resume playing music.
- Press and hold ” -” or ” +” to decrease or increase the volume.
- When maximum volume is reached a chime is heard.
- Press”- ” or”+ ” momentarily to go to the previous or next track.
Note: Music playing control is only compatible with devices that support A2DP. Please refer to your device’s user manual for its A2DP compatibility.
Whilst connected to your mobile phone, the EPA25/30 will act as a hands-free system for calls.
- Press “” to pick up or hang up a call.
- Press ” ” twice to re-dial the last phone number.
Connect the EPA25/30 to a powered USB port by using the provided USB charging cable. While charging, the power LED will light red, and tum blue when the battery is fully charged.
|Operating Range of Bluetooth||Up to !Om|
|Operating Range of Microphone||<- 1m|
|Battery||Li-ion 3. 7V / 200mAh|
|Charging Time||2. 5 Hours|
|Standby Time||Up to 180Hours|
|Continuous Working Time||Up to 20 Hours|
|Won’t turn on.||Please charge the EPA25/30 .|
|Can’t find the EPA25/30.||Confirm the EPA25/30 is in pairing status and within 10 meters from the device.|
|Can’t install the driver for EPA25/30 on a computer.||Update the driver of the Bluetooth module on your computer.|
|The sound quality is intermittent in Bluetooth mode.||Disable the Wi-Fi on your source device.|
|No sound.||Check the volume on both
the source device and the EPA25/30.
|The earphones do not align with my ears||Wear the hat so that the left side earphone is where you want it, then carefully move the right earphone within the hat band to where it needs to go by gently pressing and squeezing along an edge of the earphone.|
This product is guaranteed for twelve months from the date of the original purchase. In the unlikely event of any defect arising due to faulty materials or workmanship, the unit will be either replaced or repaired free of charge ( where possible) during this period. An alternative product will be offered in case the product is no longer available or repairable.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions
- The warranty is only valid within the country where the product is purchased.
- The product must be correctly installed and operated in accordance to the instructions given in this user manual.
- The product must be used solely for domestic purposes.
- The warranty only covers the main unit, and does not cover the accessories.
- The warranty does not cover the damage caused by misuse, negligence, accident and natural disaster.
- The warranty will be rendered invalid if the product is resold or has been damaged by inexpert repairs. The manufactures disclaim any liability for incidental or consequential damages.
- Please consult our customer adviser before returning any product; we are not responsible for any unexpected product returns.
- Any faulty product must be kept and returned in the original packaging with all the accessories and the original copy of the purchase receipt.
The warranty is in addition to, and does not diminish, your statutory or legal rights.
Industry Canada Statement
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions
- this device may not cause interference.
- this device must accept interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
No Unauthorized Modifications: Do not make any changes or modifications to this product without the prior express written approval of August International Ltd. Any changes or modifications made without express written approval could void the user’s authority to operate this product.
For details of further relevant technical standards, please contact us at the address above.
- Telephone: +44 (0) 845 250 0586
- Email: email@example.com
August International Ltd
- Rawmec Business Park Hoddesdon EN11 0EE United Kingdom
- Tel: +44(0) 845 250 0586
- Daffodil Germany GmbH Bayernstr. 10 D-30855 Langen hagen Germany
- Tel: +49 (0) 511 97812978
This product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. The Declaration of conformity may be consulted online at http://www.augustint.com/en/declaration.
Documents / Resources
|August EPA25-30 Bluetooth Music Beanie Hat [pdf] User Manual|
EPA25-30 Bluetooth Music Beanie Hat, EPA25-30, Bluetooth Music Beanie Hat, Music Beanie Hat, Beanie Hat, Hat