AUDIO SYSTEM H-5000.1 D High-Performance Car-Amplifier Owner’s Manual
Congratulation on your purchase of your new H-Series amplifier.
Before installation your power amplifier, we recommend to read the owner´s manual carefully and to follow the instructions regarding connection and fitting exactly.
Pay attention to advices and instructions of the car manufacturer.
Your proof of purchase is evidence of warranty claim for repair or replacement. Keep your proof of purchase, manual and original packaging.
Use of sound components can impair your ability to hear necessary traffic sounds and may constitute a hazard while driving your automobile.
NO WARRANTY claims for operation in LINK-MODE possible!!!
Audio System Germany accepts no liability for hearing loss, bodily injury or property damage as a result of use or misuse of our products. We recommend installing the equipment by an authorized service center or dealer. A professional fitting and connection is the requirement for further warranty and perfect sound.
- 1-Channel High Power Class D amplifier
- Quad-MOS-FET PWM power supply, operating voltage from 10 to 16 V
- High efficiency up to 90%
- Stable into 1 Ohm (single mono operation)
- Variable Lowpass-Filter from 35 to 250 Hz
- Variable Subsonic-Highpass-Filter from 10 to 50 Hz
- Variable Phase from 0° to 180°
- Variable Bass-Boost from 0 to 9 dB
- Wide input sensitivity from 0,2 to 6 V
- Multi-Way-Protection-Circuitry: overheating, overcurrent, short circuit and speakr DC offset protection
- Clipping-Display and switchable limiter
- 2x 50mm² connection terminals each for battery and ground
- Wired remote RTC PLUS showing voltage, temperature, protection, clipping
- 2x H-5000.1 D linkable up to 10.000 Watt RMS – NO WARRANTY CLAIMS POSSIBLE!
- Battery disconnection: First, disconnect the power supply of the vehicle by removing the ground cable of the battery.
- Ground connection: Connect the GND (ground) terminals of the amplifier with the car chassis. Keep this cable as short as possible (not longer than 50cm) and use a suitable cross section (35mm² – 50mm²). Make sure that the connection point with the chassis os free of paint, dirt and dust.
- +12 V Power connection: Connect the +12 V terminals of the amplifier via fuses to the battery. Keep in mind, that the length of the cable from fuseholder to battery must not exceed 30cm in length.For the amplifier to work best, please use a high quality fuse holder and a suitable cable preferable 35mm² – 50mm². The fuses protect the amplifier and the vehicle against short circuits. Attention! The amplifier has no internal fuses so external fuses before amplifiers must also be installed!!
- Remote connection: Connect the REM IN terminal of the amplifer to the remote output (or antenna output) of the head unit. Please use a 0.5mm² to 1.5mm² cable.
Please follow the instructions during the installation of your amplifier:
- Take care of a professional attachment. Pay attention, that no electrical cable, gas tank, hydraulic breakes or other components get damaged.
- There has to be enough cooling and air circulation. Avoid the installation in small closed boxes or close to heatening parts.
- Protect the amplifier from fluids, wetness, heat and foreign material as well as from other influences.
- The amplifier is only to be built into vehicles with a 12 V DC power supply.
- Never install the power supply cable with other original wires of the vehicle (gas cables), fan motors, brand control modules etc.
- Install the signal cable (cinch cable) as well as the speaker cable far away from the power cables to avoid troubles with the music signal.
- The cables of your amplifier have to be installed, so that there is no danger of binding, squeezing or breaking.
- RCA connection for operation of 1 amplifier.
- RCA connection for operation of 2 amplifiers in LINK-MODE
The H-5000.1 D amplifiers offers RCA-inputs, which are connected by RCA cinh-cables to the preamplifier outputs of the headunit.
Using the „Master/Slave“ connection (single RCA) it‘s possible to link a second H-5000.1 D with the
LINK-MODE. For LINK-MODE switch second amplifier to „INPUT SLAVE“, then this amplifier is fully controlled by the first „Master“ amplifier.
No warranty claims for operation in LINK-MODE possible!
With the aid of the variable subsonic filter, lowpas sfilter, phase-shift-controller, bass boost, limiter and gain-controller you are able to adjust the amplifier on your preferred taste of listening, the circumstances of the vehicle and to the speakers.
In this regard, Audio System Germany recommends to adjust your amplifier through a specialized service center, dealer or specialist.
Optional a wired remote controller RTC PLUS can be installed. This controller can adjust the output level and show you amplifier datas for voltage, temperature, clipping, protect and on state.
- Single amplifier operation
Please note that the H-5000.1 D is a pure mono amplifier. When connecting 2 speakers or a dual voice coil sub woofer, the speakers (voice coils) are connected in parallel. It should be noted that each voice coils or speakers impedance is not below 2 ohms. The total resulting impedance is 1 ohm.
- Dual amplifier operation (LINK-MODE)
No internal fuse ! An external fuse – according to the power input – has to be used for protection of the amplifier
When linking 2x H-5000.1 D the „Master“ amplifier completely controls the „Slave“ amplifier. The positve (+) terminal of woofer has to be connected to the positive (+) speaker terminal of the „Master“ amplifier. The negative(-) terminal of woofer is connected to the positive(+) speaker terminal of the „Slave“ amplifier. Both negative(-) terminals of the amplifiers are connected together. Please use cables with sufficient cross section (10mm²), because in LINK-MODE the amplifiers produce immense power. Please make sure that the connected speakers are suitable for this power.
ATTENTION! The connected overall impedance of the speakers must not drop below 2 ohms in LINK-MODE. Otherwise the amplifier can take damage.
NO WARRANTY CLAIMS POSSIBLE WHEN USING LINK-MODE!!!
this power amplifier is featured with an efficient protection system to prevent any damages like over-heating, overvoltage, short-circuit and DC at the loudspeaker output.
Occuring an error the protection-LED will light in red. In order to check the problem, first turn down all levels of the head unit, afterwards turn it off
|AMPLIFIER IS NOT POWERED UP, NO LED IS LIGHTENING||
|PROTECTION LED ILLUMINATES GREEN WHILE AMPLIFIER IS SOUNDLESS||
|PROTECTION LED ILLUMINATES RED WHEN AMPLIFIER IS POWERED UP||
|OVERHEATING (PROTECTION LED ILLUMINATES RED WHEN AMPLIFIER IS POWERED UP)||
! CAUTION !After cooling down, the amplifier turns on automatically.
|ERROR IN AMPLIFIER FUSE||
! CAUTION !Make sure when changing fuses to use the same value.
|SOUND TOO LOW OR LOW-DISTORTED SOUND||
|HIGH HISS-ENGINE NOISE IN SPEAKERS||
Please contact your specialized dealer if the amplifier is still not working after it has been checked with the error list!
For warranty adjustment / repairs the original invoice has to be attached
Opening the power amplifier is leading to a lost of warranty in either case!
- Power Supply Voltage: 10 – 16 V
- Rated Power Output: at 14,4 V
- -RMS power @ 2 Ohm LINK-MODE: 1x 10.000 W
- -RMS powBer @ 1 Ohm mono: 1x 5000 W
- -RMS power @ 2 Ohm mono: 1x 3100W
- -RMS power @ 4 Ohm moBno: 1x 1650W
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 95 dB
- Low-Pass-Filter: 35 – 250 Hz @ 24 dB : 35 – 250 Hz @ 24 dB
- Subsonic Filter: 10 – 50 Hz @ 24 dB
- Bass Boost: 0 – 9 dB @ 45 Hz
- Phase-Shift-Control: 0 – 180°
- Frequency Response: 15 – 270 Hz
- THD at 4 Ohm: < 0,048%
- Fuse Rating: external
- Input Sensitivity: 200 mV ~ 6 V (+/- 5%)
- Dimensions: 550(W) x 63(H) x 256(L) mm
Audio System Germany
Falltorstraße 6 – 76707 Hambrücken
designed and engineered by audio system Germany
Documents / Resources
|AUDIO SYSTEM H-5000.1 D High-Performance Car-Amplifier [pdf] Owner's Manual|
H-5000.1 D High-Performance Car-Amplifier, H-5000.1 D, High-Performance Car-Amplifier, Performance Car-Amplifier, Car-Amplifier, Amplifier