Aquio iBTB2 Quick Start Guide
DOUBLE WALL INSULATED STAINLESS STEEL BOTTLE
+ REMOVABLE WATERPROOF BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
CONTROLS & INDICATORS
CHARGE SPEAKER BEFORE USE
Connect included USB cable to USB Charging Port (under waterproof cover) and to USB power source such as USB AC adapter connected to working outlet
- Make your Bluetooth device “discoverable”
- Press and hold the Power Button on back of speaker for 3 sec. to power ON.
- The first time the unit is powered on it will enter auto-pairing mode.
- Select “iHome iBTB2” on your device’s Bluetooth menu to complete pairing.
- To manually pair, power speaker ON. Press and hold Bluetooth Button for 2 seconds, then select “iHome iBTB2” on your device’s Bluetooth menu to complete pairing.
PLAYING BLUETOOTH AUDIO
- Press Play/Pause Button to play or pause Bluetooth audio.
- Press 2x to skip to next song
- Press 3x to skip to previous track OR start of current track
- Press and hold the Power Button for 3 sec. to power OFF.
- Speaker must be ON and paired to Bluetooth device to use speakerphone.
- Press Play/Pause Button to answer/end call
- Press and hold Play/Pause Button for 2 seconds to decline call
TIP: on some iOS (Apple) devices; you can view the iBTB2 battery status on your device’s screen. When device is paired and connected; look for a vertical battery icon next to the Bluetooth icon on the upper right corner of the device’s screen.
Bluetooth is a registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
Bluetooth technology is incorporated under license from Bluetooth SIG Inc.
HOW TO USE BOTTLE & SPEAKER
- Unscrew cap to fill bottle
- The Bottle and Speaker can be unscrewed to use separately
- Speaker is waterproof (keep cover closed near water)
- Screw the speaker base to bottom of bottle for best stability when using separately
- See Bottle Cautions for best experience
- For proper waterproof operation, make sure the waterproof cover on the back of the unit is completely flush with the unit by pressing along the entire edge of the cover until it is completely and securely in place.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WATERPROOF OPERATION
- The unit is IP67 waterproof rated, meaning it is immersible for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter (3 feet). It will typically withstand rain, snow and being submersed in shallow water. Longer duration or deeper immersion that exceeds the tested limits may cause product failure and void the warranty.
- DO NOT immerse the unit in water for extended periods.
- DO NOT immerse the unit in water deeper than 1 meter (about 3 feet).
- Make sure cover and surrounding surfaces are completely dry before opening cover to prevent moisture from damaging the internal electronics.
- Keep rubber cover free of dirt, sand, or other objects that can interfere with proper sealing. If for any reason the waterproof cover is not making a tight waterproof seal water may enter the unit.
- Rinse with tap water after immersion in salt water or swimming pool.
- DO NOT clean unit with oily soaps or use chemicals or solvents. Clean with damp cloth.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When used in the directed manner, this unit has been designed and manufactured to ensure your personal safety. However, improper use can result in potential electrical shock or fire hazards. Please read all safety and operating instructions carefully before installation and use, and keep these instructions handy for future reference. Take special note of all warnings listed in these instructions and on the unit.
- Water and Moisture – The unit should not be used near water. For example: near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a wet basement.
- Ventilation – The unit should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper ventilation. For example, it should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug or similar surface that may block ventilation openings. Also, it should not be placed in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or cabinet, which may impede the flow of air through the ventilation openings.
- Heat – The unit should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Power Sources – The unit should be connected to a power supply only of the type described in the operating instructions or as marked on the appliance. Only use the AC adapter that came with the unit.
- Power-Cable Protection – Power supply cables should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them. It is always best to have a clear area from where the cable exits the unit to where it is plugged into an AC socket.
- Cleaning – The unit should be cleaned only with dry cloth. Do not use solvents, etc.
- Objects and Liquid Entry – Care should be taken so that objects do not fall and liquids are not spilled into any openings or vents located on the product.
- Attachments – Do not use attachments not recommended by the product manufacturer.
- Lightning and Power Surge Protection – Unplug the unit from the wall socket and disconnect the antenna or cable system during a lightning storm or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning and power-line surges.
- Overloading – Do not overload wall sockets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
- Damage Requiring Service – The unit should be serviced by qualified service personnel when:
A. the power supply cable or plug has been damaged.
B. objects have fallen into or liquid has been spilled into the enclosure.
C. the unit has been exposed to rain.
D. the unit has been dropped or the enclosure damaged.
E. the unit exhibits a marked change in performance or does not operate normally.
- Periods of Nonuse – If the unit is to be left unused for an extended period of time, such as a month or longer, the backup batteries should be removed from the unit to prevent damage or corrosion.
- Servicing – The user should not attempt to service the unit beyond those methods described in the user’s operating instructions. Service methods not covered in the operating instructions should be referred to qualified service personnel.
- Follow all instructions
- No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the unit.
- The mains plug is used as the disconnect device, it shall remain readily operable.
- Please heed all warning, read and follow all instructions and keep these instructions handy for future reference.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Damage Requiring Service – This product should be serviced by qualified service personnel when the enclosure damaged or has been dropped or does not operate normally.
- No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on this product.
- This product is suitable for use in tropical and/or moderate climates.
- CAUTION – Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- Wash with warm water, mild dish soap and rinse the bottle thoroughly prior to first use and after each use
- Remove bottle cap and thoroughly wash the removable silicone cap collar after each use
- Do not microwave or place in freezer
- Caution: Hot beverages will remain hot for several hours
- DO NOT overfill
- DO NOT use with alcoholic or carbonated liquids that can cause pressure build up and potential lid failure
- Always be certain the lid is securely attached to bottle before using it
- If unit doesn’t respond during use, insert the end of a paper clip or similar into the Reset Port located under the waterproof cover. Doing so will clear all previous settings (Bluetooth devices will need to be re-paired). Power unit on to resume normal operation.
INTERNAL RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION BATTERY
This device uses an internal non-replaceable rechargeable lithium-ion battery that should last the lifetime of the device. If you suspect your battery may be dead, try charging it for an extended period of time and try resetting the unit. If this fails, contact Customer Service at 1-800-288-2792.
WARNING/DISPOSAL OF UNIT
DO NOT attempt to change the battery. Doing so will void the warranty and could cause injury and damage to your device. To dispose of the unit, follow the instructions below:
- Never dispose of used batteries/electronics with ordinary solid wastes, as they may contain harmful substances.
- Always dispose of used batteries/electronics in accordance with the prevailing community regulations.
- Many electronics retailers now recycle batteries and other electronic components at no charge.
GENERAL BATTERY PRECAUTIONS
- Never use or charge a battery if it appears to be leaking, discolored, deformed, or in any way abnormal.
- Never disassemble the unit or attempt to remove battery as that could cause leakage of alkaline solution or other electrolytic substances.
- Avoid charging a rechargeable battery when the temperature is not within 5°C – 35° C (41° – 95° Fahrenheit).
- Never expose a battery to any liquid.
- Never expose a battery to excessive heat such as direct sunlight or fire. Never use a battery pack in an unventilated vehicle where excessive internal temperatures may be encountered.
- Always keep batteries out of the reach of infants and small children.
This product bears the selective sorting symbol for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). This means that this product must be handled pursuant to European Directive 2012/19/EU in order to be recycled or dismantled to minimize its impact on the environment.
For further information, please contact your local or regional authorities.
Electronic products not included in the selective sorting process are potentially dangerous for the environment and human health due to the presence of hazardous substances.