Aquarium Kit Instructions
People of all ages enjoy looking at aquariums. Aside from the belief that an aquarium is beautiful, many also believe having an aquarium can be relaxing, rewarding and a great conversation piece all at the same time. You will have many enjoyable hours with your new aquarium and fish.
Included in your Aquarium Kit
- Smart Tank Connected App
- Hood with LED light
- Internal Power Filter
- Koller Products Small Filter Cartridge (AQ10FC-30)
- Power Adaptor
Important Safety Instructions
Please read this section before operating this unit. For Household Use Only. Confirm that your tank has not been damaged during shipment before you start the setup process.
Completely set up the aquarium before plugging filter and ight into an electrical outlet. To avoid having your plug or electric outlet becoming wet it is best to form a drip loop in
your cords as shown below. Use of a GFCI rated outlet or circuit is recommended.
Leave enough space in back of the aquarium to allow easy access to the filter and various electrical cords from the electrical equipment.
Good places for your aquarium
- On a table or aquarium stand that’s capable of bearing the weight of your filled aquarium.
Places to avoid
- Near direct sources of sunlight (e.g. windows), unwanted algae growth may occur.
- Near direct sources of heat or air conditioning (e.g. radiator, forced air vent).
- Around sources of noise (e.g. stereo speakers, TV).
- Drafty areas.
- Do not place aquarium on any good surface that can be damaged by water.
- Where water can come in contact with other electrical appliances.
- Rinse everything under running water– tank, gravel, stones, plastic plants and other decorations, etc. in colander or new bucket.
- Never use soaps as they can harm fish.
- Place gravel, rocks and decorations in the tank now, spreading the gravel evenly across the bottom of the aquarium. Add decorations, plastic plants, and ornaments.
Gravel and Decorations are not included with this aquarium kit
Fill the aquarium with water to within one inch from the top of the tank. Treat water with a de-chlorinator to remove chlorine and chloramines from tap water that can be harmful to your fish. Confirm water temperature in aquarium has reached room temperature.
Insert the USB Micro-B plug into the power receptacle on the hood. Then plug power adaptor into a 120 volt outlet.
- Confirm a drip loop is formed in all electrical cords.
- Use of a GFCI rate outlet or circuit is recommended.
Installing Power Filter
- Install the built-in filter assembly as shown in the illustration to the right.
- Place the cord into the slot as shown at right.
- It is important the filter is submerged to the recommended water line found on the front of the filter behind the shroud. Always make sure your water level is at or above this mark for proper filter operation.
LED Light Operation
You can turn on/off the LED light by pressing the blue button switch on top of the hood. To select desired light color continue to press the blue button until color selection is located. Pick the color that best suits your mood or time of day. Choose from 7 colors; Daylight White, Blue, Red, Green, Purple, Aqua, and Amber.
Changing Filter Cartridge
Change the filter cartridge every three to four weeks or when heavily soiled, depending on the number of fish in your tank and the amount of daily feedings. Filter uses Koller Products replacement filter cartridges size Small (AQ10FC-30) available at online retailers.
If you are adding an optional heater locate the heater cord slot at the back of the hood as shown below. Mount heater inside tank near to the slot.
Read and follow the heater’s instructions. Check with your retailer for recommended heater settings. Adjust heater settings as directed.
LED LIGHT FCC COMPLIANT
FCC Verification Tested
Certificate Of Conformity
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this device.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and
can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
KOLLER PRODUCTS LLC warrants this aquarium product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service and according to the provisions as specified in the accompanying assembly and operating instructions, for a period of 1 year from date of purchase.
This warranty does not cover and KOLLER PRODUCTS LLC is not liable for the cost of repair or replacement of parts which have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident, improper installation, damage during shipment or handling, normal deterioration due to wear and exposure or defects caused by unauthorized parts or modification.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL KOLLER PRODUCTS LLC BE LIABLE FOR ACCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you the legal rights, which vary from state to state.
To view our help videos please go to:
www.youtube.com and search: Koller Products