WARNING: Failure to follow these safety instructions could result in fire, electric shock, or other injury or damage to HomePod or other property. Read all safety information and operating instructions before using HomePod.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions. Keep these instructions. Heed all warnings. Follow all instructions.
- Do not use HomePod near water or where it might be exposed to dripping or splashing. Keep HomePod away from all sources of liquid, such as drinks, washbasins, bathtubs, shower stalls, swimming pools, spas, and so on. Do not place any object filled with liquid on top of it. Do not expose HomePod to moisture, dampness, or wet weather, such as rain, snow, or fog.
- Clean HomePod gently and only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings on HomePod. Install it in accordance with Apple’s instructions.
- Unplug HomePod during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Do not install HomePod near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Do not place a naked flame such as a lighted candle or lit cigarette on or near HomePod.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where it exits from HomePod.
- Only use attachments and accessories specified by Apple.
- Do not attempt to repair or service HomePod yourself. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when HomePod has been damaged in any way, such as when the power cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into HomePod, or when HomePod has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- During operation, speaker vibration could cause HomePod to move. Ensure that HomePod does not fall from its mounting surface. Do not hang the product by its power cord.
- HomePod has no on/off switch. Also, HomePod may appear to be off and disconnected from its power source when it is actually still connected and in standby. To disconnect it from power, unplug the power cord. Make sure the main plug of the power cord is always easily accessible. When connecting or disconnecting it, always hold the plug by its sides. Do not unplug by pulling the power cord. Keep fingers away from the metal part of the plug.
- HomePod is for indoor use only.
- HomePod may be damaged by improper storage or handling. Be careful not to drop it when it is being transported.
Medical device interference HomePod contains a radio and other components that emit electromagnetic fields. HomePod also contains magnets. These electromagnetic fields and magnets may interfere with pacemakers, defibrillators, or other medical devices. Maintain a safe distance of separation between your medical device and HomePod. Consult your physician and medical device manufacturer for information specific to your medical device. Stop using HomePod if you suspect it is interfering with your pacemaker, defibrillator, or any other medical device.
Hearing loss Listening to sound at high volumes may permanently damage your hearing. Background noise, as well as continued exposure to high volume levels, can make sounds seem quieter than they actually are. For more information about hearing loss, see www.apple.com/sound.
FCC compliance statement This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Important: Changes or modifications to this product not authorized by Apple could void the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and wireless compliance and negate your authority to operate the product.
This product has demonstrated EMC compliance under conditions that included the use of compliant peripheral devices and shielded cables between system components. It is important that you use compliant peripheral devices and shielded cables between system components to reduce the possibility of causing interference to radios, televisions, and other electronic devices.
Exposure to radio frequency energy The radiated output power of this device meets the limits of FCC/IC radio frequency exposure limits. This device should be operated with a minimum separation distance of 20 cm between the equipment and a person’s body.
Responsible party (contact for FCC matters only):
Apple Inc. Corporate Compliance
1 Infinite Loop, MS 91-1EMC
Cupertino, CA 95014
ENERGY STAR® compliance statement As an ENERGY STAR partner, Apple has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency. The ENERGY STAR program is a partnership with electronic equipment manufacturers to promote energy-efficient products. Reducing energy consumption of products saves money and helps conserve valuable resources.
For more information about ENERGY STAR, go to www.energystar.gov.
EU compliance statement Apple Inc. hereby declares that this wireless device is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of the R&TTE Directive and Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU, as applicable.
A copy of the EU Declaration of Conformity, including device frequency bands and maximum radio-frequency power, is available at www.apple.com/euro/compliance.
Apple’s EU representative is Apple Distribution International, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Cork, Ireland.
Use restriction This device is restricted to indoor use when operating in the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range.
Disposal and recycling information The symbol above indicates that this product and/or battery should not be disposed of with household waste. When you decide to dispose of this product and/or its battery, do so in accordance with local environmental laws and guidelines. For information about Apple’s recycling program, recycling collection points, restricted substances, and other environmental initiatives, go to. Apple’s Environmental website.
EU disposal information. The symbol above means that according to local laws and regulations your product and/or its battery shall be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches its end of life, take it to a collection point designated by local authorities. The separate collection and recycling of your product and/or its battery at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment
Apple and the environment At Apple, we recognize our responsibility to minimize the environmental impacts of our operations and products. For more information, go to Apple’s Environmental website.