SAFETY GUIDE for Back-UPS™ SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - This manual contains important instructions that should be followed during installation and maintenance of APC by Schneider Electric equipment and batteries.
General Safety Information
- This UPS is intended for indoor use only.
- Do not operate this unit in direct sunlight, in contact with fluids, or where there is excessive dust or humidity.
- Be sure the air vents on the UPS are not blocked. Allow adequate space for proper ventilation.
- For a UPS with a factory installed power cord, connect the UPS power cable directly to a wall outlet. Do not use surge protectors or extension cords.
- The UPS cord shall be connected to an earthed mains socket outlet for safety reasons.
- 230 V models only: In order to maintain compliance with the EMC regulations for products sold in Europe, output cords and network cables attached to the UPS must not exceed 10 meters in length.
- The UPS input ground conductor must be properly bonded to protective earth at the wall socket.
- Always recycle used batteries.
- Recycle the package materials or save them for reuse.
- This Safety Guide can be downloaded from APC by Schneider Electric Website, www.apc.com.
- The UPS contains internal batteries and may present a shock hazard even when disconnected from AC and DC power.
- Before installing or servicing the equipment check that the:
- Input circuit breaker is in the OFF position.
- Internal UPS batteries are removed.
- XLBP battery modules, if connected, are disconnected.
- Servicing of batteries should be performed or supervised by personnel knowledgeable about batteries and required precautions.
- When replacing batteries, replace with the same type and number of batteries or battery packs.
- Failed batteries can reach temperatures that exceed the burn thresholds for touchable surfaces.
- CAUTION: Do not dispose of batteries in a fire. The batteries may explode.
- CAUTION: Do not open or mutilate batteries. Released material is harmful to the skin and eyes. It may be toxic.
- CAUTION: A battery can present a risk of electrical shock and high short-circuit current. The following precautions should be observed when installing or replacing batteries:
- Disconnect the charging source prior to connecting of disconnecting terminals.
- Do not wear any metal objects including wrist watches and rings. Remove conductive jewelry such as chains, wrist watches and rings. High energy through conductive materials could cause severe burns.
- Do not lay tools or metal parts on top of batteries.
- Use tools with insulated handles.
- Wear rubber gloves and boots.
- Determine if battery is either intentionally or inadvertently grounded. Contact with any part of a grounded battery can result in electric shock and burns by high short-circuit current. The risk of such hazards can be reduced if grounds are removed during installation and maintenance by a skilled person.
© 2021 APC by Schneider Electric. APC, the APC logo, and Back-UPS are owned by Schneider Electric Industries S.A.S. or their affiliated companies.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
EN 990-6155A-001 12/2021
Documents / Resources
|APC BVX1200L-LM Uninterruptible Power Supply [pdf] Instruction Manual|
BVX1200L-LM Uninterruptible Power Supply, BVX1200L-LM, Uninterruptible Power Supply, Power Supply, Supply