PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
When using any electrical product, always follow these basic safety precautions:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not submerge the appliance or allow the power cord to come into contact with water or any other liquid.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Never let the appliance operate unattended.
- Remove the power cord from the electrical outlet when not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts, and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the electrical outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- DO NOT abuse the power cord. Never carry the appliance by the power cord or yank it to disconnect from the electrical outlet; instead, grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard.
- DO NOT let the power cord hang over the edge of the table or counter or touch hot surfaces such as the stove.
- Always use appliances on a dry, level surface. Sinks, drain boards or uneven surfaces must be avoided.
- Keep hands, hair, clothing, as well as utensils out of jug while processing to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the appliance. A scraper may be used but only when the appliance is not running.
- CAUTION: Blade assembly is sharp, handle with care. When handling the blade assembly, always hold by the base of the blade assembly.
- Avoid contact with moving parts.
- DO NOT attempt to sharpen blades.
- DO NOT use the appliance if the blade assembly is bent or damaged.
- To reduce the risk of injury, never place the blade assembly on the base without the proper attachment.
- DO NOT operate this appliance on or near any hot surface (such as gas or electric burner or in a heated oven).
- The use of attachments or accessories not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or personal injury.
- DO NOT remove the jug from the motor base while the appliance is running.
- To reduce the risk if injury, NEVER operate the appliance without the blade assembly in place; DO NOT try to defeat the interlock mechanism; make sure that the attachment is properly installed before operating the appliance.
- DO NOT expose jugs to extreme temperature changes.
- CAUTION: DO NOT process boiling liquids or hot ingredients. Hot liquids/ingredients can eject out of the appliance due to sudden steaming and cause severe scalding. Allow hot ingredients to cool before placing them in the jug.
- DO NOT overfill.
- DO NOT operate the appliance empty.
- If the appliance overheats, a thermal switch will become activated and shut off the motor. To reset, unplug the appliance and let it cool down for at least 3 minutes before using it again.
- THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY. Do not use this appliance for anything other than its intended use. Do not use outdoors.
- Appliance accessories are not intended to be used in the microwave. Do not place the jug or the lid in the microwave as it may result in damage to the accessories.
- Check the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local mains voltage before you connect the appliance.
- Never immerse the motor unit in water or any other liquid, not rinse it under the tap. Use only a moist cloth to clean the motor unit.
- Unplug the appliance immediately after use.
- Keep the appliance out of the reach of children.
- Always unplug the appliance before you start cleaning the appliance.
- To avoid damage or injury, please assemble the product correctly.
- Make sure the blade is securely fastened to the accessories before assembling onto the motor unit.
- Do not attempt to repair or disassemble the appliance. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
- Be careful if hot liquid is poured into the blender as it can be ejected out of the appliance due to a sudden steaming.
- Care shall be taken when handling the sharp cutting blades, emptying the jug, and cleaning.
- For cleaning, please refer to the CLEANING AND STORAGE section.
- Always disconnect the appliance from mains power before approaching or when changing parts.
- The appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments,
– by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments,
– and bed and breakfast type environments.
WARNING! Misuse of the appliance may cause injury and/or damage to property!
CAUTION: In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched ON and OFF by the utility.
WARNING: Extension cords are not recommended for use with this product.
IMPORTANT! To prevent damage to the electric motor, the maximum operating time is 1 minute. Allow it to rest for at least 3 minutes before using it again. After 5 cycles of operation, allow the blender (electric motor) to cool down to room temperature, allow it to cool down for approx. 30 minutes before using it again.
Note: The appliance is incorporated with a non-self resetting thermal motor protection circuit to protect the motor from overheating. If the motor shuts OFF while in use, unplug the unit from the main power outlet. Remove the blending jug from the motor unit and free the blade of any obstructions. Allow the unit to cool down for at least 6 minutes. After then, plug the unit back into mains power for normal operation.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
KNOW YOUR BLENDER
- Motor base
- Tall jug x 2pcs
- Small jug
- Grinding blade assembly
- Blending blade assembly
- Travel lid
- Lip ring x2pcs
Please make sure that your appliance is received with the right components shown above. Check everything carefully before use. If any parts are missing or damaged, do not use. Return the product to Kmart for replacement.
The blender is a high-powered innovative appliance with a compact design and outstanding performance. It is perfect for ice crushing, blending and grinding. Ideal for extracting nutrients and vitamins from food. Enjoy your drinks with the convenient lip ring and travel lid.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Note: When using the appliance for the first time, carefully remove all packaging.
- Before using the product for the first time, wash all the parts except the motor base in warm, soapy water, and then rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Clean the motor base with a damp cloth or sponge. Wipe dry with a soft dry cloth.
CAUTION: Never immerse the motor base in water or other liquids. Never use abrasive cleaners on any part of the product. Do not place any parts into a dishwasher or extremely hot water.
IMPORTANT! To prevent liquid from leaking during use DO NOT take out the gasket in the blade assembly. Handle the blades with care, they are extremely sharp.
Place the motor housing on a flat, stable surface, the appliance is now ready for use.
USE YOUR BLENDER
WARNING! DO NOT process boiling liquids or hot ingredients. Allow hot ingredients to cool before placing them in the jug.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT fill the jug above the maximum level mark indicated on the jug. Some mixtures increase in volume during blending and create pressure in the jug.
Choosing the right blade assembly and jug
Blending blade assembly with tall jug Blending – Pulverizes ice for smoothies, frozen cocktails, and milkshakes. Mixing – Batters for pancakes, muffins and quick bread are mixed in seconds. Pureeing – Dishes such as hummus, all-natural soups, and baby food are creamy and smooth in seconds. Shaving ice and Frozen Fruits – For tasty treats such as snow cones or fruit sorbets.
Grinding Blade assembly with small jug Grinding – harder, single-ingredient items such as coffee beans, nuts, dried fruit.
- Ensure the product is unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the jug, wash all solid ingredients and cut them into small pieces, and put them into the jug. If grinding, simply put the coffee beans, nuts, or dried fruit into the jug.
NOTE: Do not overfill! To avoid spilling, do not add ingredients past the “Max” fill line.
- Screw the blade assembly on the jug tightly, aligning the tabs on the jug with the motor base, then push into the motor base and rotate clockwise until you hear a “click” sound
- Plug the product into a standard 220-240V~ electrical outlet, and the appliance will start working at once.
WARNING: Do not operate the motor continuously for more than 1 minute at a time. Allow the motor to rest for 3 minutes before continuing. If the appliance stopped working during use, unplug the appliance and let it rest for 6 minutes, then the appliance will be ready for work again.
NOTE: If the blades are not operating smoothly, stop the product and add some liquid, or reduce the contents in the jug. Tips: If you want to use ice crush or pulse function, align the tabs on the jug with the motor base, push down and lose the jug until you get satisfied with the ice or food.
- When you have reached your desired consistency, stop the appliance by turning the jug
counterclockwise and take it straight up to remove.
- Disassemble the jug from the blade assembly.
- Twist the lip ring onto the jug and enjoy your drinks or take out the powdered ingredient after grinding.
- Make sure that the motor base is disconnected from mains power when not in use.
NOTE: The blender has a built-in safety lock feature, this ensures that you can only switch ON the appliance while the jug and the blade assembly are assembled on the motor base securely.
IMPORTANT: In the base of each blade’s collar, there is a silicone gasket seal that creates an airtight fit with the jugs. After washing and before each use, always check to make sure the gasket is properly in place.
WARNING! To prevent product overheating, dry ingredients must not be processed for more than 30 seconds at a time.
|PROBLEMS||POSSIBLE REASONS & SOLUTIONS|
|The motor doesn’t start or the attachment doesn’t rotate.||For the jug, make sure that the tabs are seated in the slots and turned clockwise.|
|Food is unevenly chopped.||You are chopping too much food at one time, or you are not pulsing properly. Reduce the amount of food in the jug.|
|Food is too finely chopped or too watery||The food has been over-processed. Use short operating for best results.|
|You cannot achieve snow from ice cubes.||For the best results use ice straight from the freezer. Try using short operating instead of a long one.
Make sure the jug is completely dry before adding ice.
|Jug is leaking||Make sure that your blade assembly is properly assembled to the jug. Leaking may occur if it is misaligned when twisted onto the jug. Turn the blade assembly tightly clockwise.|
|Unit doesn’t turn on||Make sure the unit is plugged in.
Make sure the blade assembly is properly assembled to the jug and that is not misaligned.
|Unit doesn’t turn off||Unplug the power cord from the electrical power outlet and call Kmart customer service for support.|
|Doesn’t mix well||Pulse ingredients for best results. Press down on the jug in short intervals for even blending and chopping. For frozen ingredients, pulse in short intervals of 2-5 seconds and repeat.|
|Blade assembly will not properly align to the jug||Set the jug on a level surface. Place the blade assembly on top of the jug and align the threads so that the blade sits flat on the jug. Twist clockwise so that the blade aligns to the jug until you have a tight seal.|
CLEANING AND STORAGE
- Clean the blender after each use.
- Remove the power cord from the power outlet socket and ensure the appliance is thoroughly cooled before cleaning.
- Clean the motor base with a damp cloth or sponge. Wipe dry with a soft dry cloth.
- Wash all the other parts except the motor base in warm, soapy water, and then rinse and dry thoroughly. Use caution when handling the blade assemblies as the blades are very sharp.
CAUTION: Do not try to remove blades from the assembly for cleaning.
Tips: Use a small brush (not included) to remove particles of food lodged underneath the blades. If some leftover particles dry onto the inside of the jug, fill the cup about 2/3 full with warm water and attach the blade assembly. Place the jug and blade assembly onto the motor base and operate the appliance for about 20-30 seconds to help loosen the stuck ingredients. Repeat the above step but use clean tap water. Empty blender and dry thoroughly.
- Make sure all components are clean and dried thoroughly before storing.
- Store the appliance upright in a clean and dry location. Do not place anything on top. Store the jugs and the rest of the attachments alongside the appliance where they will not be damaged and won’t cause a hazard.
- Voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60Hz
- Power: 900W
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair, or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expenses incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
Documents / Resources
|anko WBL-2105 Blender [pdf] User Manual|
WBL-2105, Blender, WBL-2105 Blender