anko MG5001GB-SA Meat Grinder
When using the electrical appliance, the below basic safety precautions should be followed:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock do not put the electric motor unit in water or other liquid.
- Before using, check that the voltage power corresponds to the rating label of the appliance.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or main body of the appliance in water or other liquid.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- For electrical safety, if the supply cord is damaged it must be replaced by qualified electrical person only, or the product must be disposed.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning.
- Always use food pusher, never feed by hand.
- Care shall be taken when handling the sharp cutting blades, emptying the bowl and during cleaning.
- The use of attachments not supplied with the product may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- The appliance should not be used for blending hard and dry substance, otherwise the blade could be blunted.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- To avoid injury, do not use fingers to scrape food away from discharge disc while appliance is operating.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Never run the appliance empty after assembling the blade and blade disk. Otherwise the blade and blade disk will be damaged.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children shall be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Always switch off the appliance and disconnect the appliance from the mains power outlet socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling, or cleaning.
- For cleaning, please refer to “CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE” section.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments.
- By clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments.
- Bed and breakfast type environments.
IMPORTANT! To prevent overheating and damage to the electric motor, the max continuous operating time must not exceed 2 minutes and min. 10 minutes rest time must be maintained between two consecutive cycles.
KNOW YOUR MEAT GRINDER
BEFORE USING YOUR MEAT GRINDER
Before the first use, please clean all the detachable parts such as the screw nut, Cutter, Blade, Crusher bar, Sticky tube, Pressure bar, and Filler. The blade is sharp, please handle with care.
USING YOUR MEAT GRINDER
Fitting and using the mincing discs
- Assemble the sticky tube into the main machine. Pressing the release button with your thumb of one hand (see point 1 of Fig.1) and holding the sticky tube with the other hand, insert the sticky tube into the hole of the main machine and turn it anti-clockwise until it cannot move any further (see Point 2 of Fig.1). Release the release button, and the sticky meat tube is secured on the main machine.
- Assemble the crusher bar, blade, cutter and screw nut with the sticky tube as illustrated in Fig. 2, and the appliance is ready to use. Note: Make sure the edge of the blade is faced towards the cutter when assembling. Never assemble the blade reversely.
CAUTION: Make sure the appliance is disconnected from mains power when assembling.
- Put the funnel on the sticky tube.
- Ensure that the rocker switch is set at “O” position, then connect the power cord plug into a mains power outlet socket.
- Press the rocker switch to “ON” position (the crusher bar and the blade will turn anti-clockwise). When the appliance operates normally, feed pieces of meat piece into the filler and push it down with the pressure bar.Note: Cut all foods into pieces (Sinewless, boneless and fatless meat is recommended, approximate size: 20mm x 20mm x 60mm) so that they fit easily into the filler opening. (e.g. beef)
- The max. continuous operation time must not exceed 2 minutes and minimum 10 minutes rest time must be maintained between two consecutive cycles.
- Place a clean container with proper size under the screw nut to collect minced meat from the appliance.
- When finished grinding, press the rocker switch to turn off the appliance and unplug the appliance from mains power outlet socket. To disassemble the sticky tube assembly, press down on the release button with your thumb using one hand (see Point 1 of Fig.3), and use the other hand to turn the sticky tube assembly clockwise to remove it (see Point 2 of Fig.3).
CAUTION: Ensure the appliance is disconnected from mains power when disassembling.
Fitting and using the Kibble attachments
- Assemble the sticky tube into the main machine. Press on the release button with your thumb with one hand (see point 1 of Fig.1) and hold the sticky tube with the other hand, insert the sticky tube into the hole of the main machine and turn it anti-clockwise until it cannot move any further (see Point 2 of Fig.1). Release the release button, and the sticky meat tube is secured on the main machine.
- Assemble the crusher bar, kibble cone, sausage pole, screw nut as illustrated in Fig. Note: Never assemble blade and cutter when making sausages, and do not assemble the sausage pole and kibble cone when mincing meat.
- Place the sausage casing on the sausage pole as shown in the figure below.
- Press the rocker switch to “ON” position. The appliance will turn ON and the minced meat will enter the sausage casing. Tie anywhere you like with thread to make the sausage.
IMPORTANT! The max. continuous operation time must not exceed 2 minutes and minimum 10 minutes rest time must be maintained between two consecutive cycles.
- In case the meat grinder is jammed during use, press the rocker switch to “O” position. Wait until the crusher bar has come to a complete stop.
- Press the rocker switch to “R” position. The crusher bar will rotate anti-clockwise, and the sticky tube will get empty. If the main machine still jammed or doesn’t work, press the rocker switch to “O” position, unplug from mains power and clean it. Note: The “R” position max operation time shall not exceed 5 seconds.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Unplug the power cord plug from mains power outlet socket before cleaning.
- Remove the sticky tube assembly, then wash them in water.
The blade is sharp, so handle with care when cleaning. Wipe the outside surface of the main machine with a damp cloth, then drying thoroughly.
Note Never immerse the main machine in water or other liquid for cleaningThis appliance must not be used in the dishwasher.
Important! Ensure all metal grinding accessories are completely dried before storing after washing to prevent surface from rusting.
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
Documents / Resources
|anko MG5001GB-SA Meat Grinder [pdf] User Manual|
MG5001GB-SA, Meat Grinder, MG5001GB-SA Meat Grinder