Cordless Water Kettle
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
❺ Keep Warm indicator
❼ Keep Warm button
|❷ Lid Release Button
❹ Temperature indicator
❻ Temp button
❽ On/Off button
❿ Base with cord storage
Frequency: 50-60 Hz
Rating Capacity: 1.7L
* The kettle is intended solely for boiling water. Heating milk, carbonated drinks, or other liquids will cause malfunction or damage to the appliance.
* The appliance is intended for household use only and is not suitable for commercial purposes.
DANGER to children and infirm persons
* This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
* Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
* IMPORTANT: Keep packing material out of reach of young children. There is a risk of suffocation.
* This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments
– by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments
– bed and breakfast type environments
CAUTION: Do not operate the kettle on an inclined plane. Do not operate the kettle unless there is water above the minimum water level mark. Do not move while the kettle is switched ON.
CAUTION: To prevent damage to the appliance do not use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning, use a soft damp cloth and a mild detergent.
DANGER due to electricity
* If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard or the product must be disposed of.
* The power base, plug, and main cord must not come into contact with water or other liquids.
This could result in a risk of electric shock. You should, therefore, for example, not place the kettle near a sink. Do not use the kettle outdoors exposed to the weather.
* The appliance must never be immersed in water or other liquids. Water must not be allowed to come into contact with the electric parts from underneath.
* Do not use the appliance when your hands are wet.
* The kettle must only be connected to a properly installed and earthed wall socket with the voltage that matches the “Technical specifications” of the appliance.
* Use of extension cords is not recommended.
* Never leave the appliance unattended while in use.
* Keep the appliance and main cord away from sources of heat such as cooking plates or open gas flames. This could cause melting.
* Keep the mains power cord away from sharp work surfaces or edges to prevent damage to the power cord.
* Unplug the kettle from mains power, …
… if an abnormality occurs during use,
… if you are not going to use it for a prolonged period,
… during thunderstorms and
… before cleaning it.
When doing so, always pull from the plug, not from the main cord.
* Do not use the appliance if the kettle, base, or main cord show any visible sign of damage.
* Do not make any modifications to the appliance and its mains cord or change the connection cable yourself.
Warning – the risk of burns/scalding
* Always place the water kettle on a solid and even surface.
Ensure that it cannot slip or be dropped and that the power cord does not hang down.
* The kettle becomes hot while in use. Do not move the kettle during operation and do not pull on the main cord. Only hold/lift the hot kettle by its handle.
* Contact with rising steam can cause scalding! Make sure the lid is always firmly closed and do not open it while water is boiling or while pouring water out.
* Do not fill the container with less than Min. (0.5L) or more than Max. (1.7L) of water.
If there is not enough water in the kettle, the appliance may overheat and malfunction.
* Be sure that the kettle is switched OFF before taking it off the power base.
* The kettle is only to be used with the stand provided.
* If the kettle is overfilled, boiling water may be ejected.
* CAUTION! The heating element and surfaces are subject to residual heat after use.
* WARNING – Avoid water spillage on the electrical connectors.
* WARNING – Potential injury from misuse.
* WARNING – Do not remove the lid whilst water is boiling.
* Take care that any steam escaping from the appliance can damage wallpaper, wall cabinets, or other items. Turn the spout away from furniture, walls, and overhead cabinets.
* Do not use caustic, aggressive, or abrasive cleaning products for cleaning.
Keep hard items away from the appliance.
* Although the kettle is protected from boiling dry, it must never be operated without water.
* If the overheat cut-out switch switches OFF the kettle to prevent overheating and boiling dry, proceed as follows:
– Remove the kettle from the base.
– Allow the kettle to cool down for at least 15 minutes before refilling it with fresh water and place the kettle back on the power base.
* Only use the kettle with the power base provided.
* Furniture today is often coated with a wide range of varnishes and plastics and is treated with various protective substances. Some of these products may contain substances that react adversely with the rubber feet on the power base, soften them, and cause staining on the surface. Therefore, we recommend placing a non-slip protective mat under the rubber feet of the kettle.
DANGER to children- danger to life due to suffocation/swallowing of small parts.
Keep the packing material out of children’s reach. Dispose of them responsibly.
* Carefully remove all parts from the packaging and check that no parts are missing or possibly damaged when received.
* Remove all packaging material.
IMPORTANT! During the below process, DO NOT fill the kettle more than the Min. (0.5L) mark on the kettle. Filling above the Min. mark will cause over boiling and spillage out of the spout.
To ensure a long service life of the water kettle, proceed as follows before using it for the first time:
- Fill the kettle with water and add vinegar in a ratio of 1:3 (1 part vinegar / 3 parts water).
Note: Make the mixture in a separate container and then pour it into the kettle up to the Min. (0.5L) mark only.
- Bring to a boil (see Boiling water), then pour away.
- Allow the kettle to cool down and then refill it with fresh water. Boil the water and then pour it away.
To avoid scale deposits, descale the water kettle at regular intervals (after about every 15th use) as described in the section “Descaling”.
WARNING: Risk of scalding from hot water & steam
* The kettle and lid will be hot while in use. Do not touch them.
* The lid must be tightly closed during the boiling process. It must not be opened while pouring out water. Allow the appliance to cool down before opening the lid.
* Do not fill the water container with less than Min. (0.5L) or more than Max. (1.7L) of water.
- Press the Lid Release Button gently to open the lid.
- Fill the kettle with the amount of water required. You can check the fill level on the inside of the kettle.
- Press the lid down to close it.
Make sure that the lid is closed properly.
- Fully unwind the power cord and run it through the cable guide channel on the power base.
- Place the kettle on the power base. Plug the mains cable into an earthed mains power outlet socket that is within easy reach.
- Press the On/Off button to start boiling. The Temperature indicator will start flashing. When the
the temperature reaches 100℃, there will be 3 beep sounds.
- Four temperature levels (70℃、80℃、90℃、100℃) can be selected by pressing the Temp button. There will have a beep sound for each press. Once the temperature has been selected, automatic heating starts after approximately 10 seconds. When the selected temperature has been reached, there will be 3 beep sounds.
- Keep warm function is available for 70°C, 80°C, and 90°C temperature settings only. Press the Keep Warm button once during water boiling or when the light is on after the boiling is completed, the Keep Warm function will be activated. The temperature of the boiled water will be maintained for 30 minutes. Press it again to disable the Keep Warm function.
WARNING: Risk of scalding from hot water & steam.
* Be sure that the water kettle is OFF before removing it from the power base.
- After the water has come to a boil, wait a moment, until the water has stopped simmering.
Then remove the kettle from the water base.
- Pour the water out slowly to avoid splashing. Do not open the lid while pouring out the water.
* The sieve insert in the spout prevents any larger particles of scale from being poured out.
* Do not re-boil stale water. Pour it away and refill with fresh water for boiling. This will also help prolong the life of the kettle.
CLEANING AND CARE
DANGER– Risk of electric shock
* Remove the supply cord plug from the mains power outlet socket before cleaning the kettle.
* The power base, plug, and main cord must not come into contact with water or other liquids.
* The water container must not be immersed in water.
* The product and its parts must not be cleaned in the dishwasher.
IMPORTANT! Damage to exterior
* Do not use caustic, aggressive, or abrasive cleaning products for cleaning the kettle exterior.
- Remove the supply cord plug from the mains power outlet socket and let the water kettle cool down completely.
- Wipe the base and power cord with a dry cloth.
- Wipe the outside of the jug with a lightly moistened cloth.
- Pull the sieve out of the spout and rinse it under running hot water.
- Slide the sieve back into the spout as far as it will go.
IMPORTANT! During the below process, DO NOT fill the kettle more than the Min. (0.5L) mark on the kettle. Filling above the Min. mark will cause overboiling and spillage out of the spout.
The kettle must be descaled at regular intervals, especially if the power base is visibly encrusted with limescale. Regular descaling saves energy and increases the service life of the kettle.
We recommend using a three-to-one (3:1) solution of water and vinegar or citric acid to descale the kettle.
Note: Make the mixture in a separate container and then pour it into the kettle up to the Min. (0.5L) mark.
- Let the solution soak in the kettle for about an hour, and then bring it to a boil.
- Thoroughly rinse out the kettle with fresh water.
Alternatively, you may use a commercially available kettle cleaning solution from the supermarket. Please follow the instructions provided with the cleaning solution.
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) fo this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims fo expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
Documents / Resources
|anko LD-K9030 Cordless Water Kettle [pdf] User Manual|
LD-K9030, Cordless Water Kettle, LD-K9030 Cordless Water Kettle, Kettle