anko DP352 Full Length Hollywood Mirror
Before using this appliance, read and follow all warnings and instructions in this manual, even if you are familiar with this product. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
Please read this instruction manual carefully before first use. It is advisable to keep this instruction manual for future reference.
IMPORTANT: This product must be permanently fixed to the wall to help prevent toppling.
- DO NOT use in a moist or humid area.
- DO NOT use the mirror without all the LED globes fitted.
- DO NOT store or use the appliance near high temperature areas.
- DO NOT run over the power supply cable with a vacuum cleaner, etc.
- DO NOT use if the appliance malfunctions, abnormal noise, smell, smoke, is dropped or damaged in any manner or any breakage is found during the operation.
- For electrical safety, any repairs to the product must be performed by a qualified electrical person only, or the product must be disposed of.
- DO NOT misuse the power supply cable. Never pull the appliance by the cable or pull to disconnect it from the outlet. Instead, grasp the power supply body and pull to disconnect.
- DO NOT use with damaged power supply cable or power supply body.
- DO NOT handle the power supply or mirror with wet hands.
- DO Keep power supply cable away from heated surfaces
- DO disconnect the power supply from the power supply when not in use,
- DO NOT hang items off the LED light globes.
- DO NOT attempt to modify this product in any way.
- DO ensure the mirror is dry before adjusting the settings.
- DO use only on dry, level, indoor surfaces.
- DO use only as described in this manual.
- DO use only the manufacturer’s replacement LED light Globes. Contact Customer service for spare LED Light Globes.
- DO store your appliance indoors in a cool dry area.
- DO ensure children and babies cannot play with plastic bags or any packaging materials.
- DO operate the power supply from a power source of the same voltage, frequency and rating as indicated on the product identification plate.
- If this appliance is used by a third party, DO supply the instruction manual with it.
- No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non-compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling of the appliance.
- This product has not been designed for any uses other than those specified in this manual.
- ONLY for domestic use. Industrial or commercial use invalidates the warranty.
Read and Save These Instructions
|1||Mirror||4||Power Supply – CW1203500AU|
|2||LED Light||5||Power in|
|3||On / Off Switch, Light Type Selector, and dimmer control.||6||4 Wall Plugs & Screws for wall mounting|
Note: The specifications and/or components of this appliance are subject to change without prior notice
LED Light Globe Assembly
- Remove an LED light globe from its box and insert it into the light socket on the mirror.
- Rotate the LED light globe clockwise to screw the light in. Nip it up but do not overtighten.
- Repeat for all other LED light globes.
Please note there is one spare LED light globe supplied.
Wall Mount Instructions
IMPORTANT: This product must be permanently fixed to the wall to help prevent toppling.Ensure the wall you wish to hang the mirror on is suitable and strong enough for hanging / mounting heavy objects.
CAUTION: The Mirror is heavy and weighs approximately 15Kg.
WARNING: Before drilling into the wall, ensure there are no electrical wires or water pipes, etc. directly behind where you are to drill.
If you are unsure DO NOT DRILL and seek the services of a professional to install the mirror.
If you are unsure about the capability of the wall to hold the mirror’s weight, seek the services of a professional to assess the wall.
If the wall material is thin, flimsy, cracking or brittle, do not mount the mirror to this wall.
Tape Measure, Electric Drill, Philips Head Driver Bit for the electric drill, 3mm or 4mm drill bit, Pencil and a Philips hand screwdriver for screwing in the mounting screws.
- Find a suitable strong wall and your desired location for the mirror near a power point.
- On the back of the mirror, measure the distance between the two hanging slots across the top (approximate distance is 525mm) and the distance between the two hanging slots on the right from the top to the bottom (approximate distance is 1462mm) then mark the four positions on the wall.
IMPORTANT: Use the measurements that you measure on your mirror as due to production tolerances, these distances may differ slightly.
Check that the diagonal dimensions are the same; this will ensure all four mounting screws are perfectly square to each other.
The following diagram is for reference only. 525mm Approx.
- If you are absolutely sure that behind the wall is clear of electrical wires, water pipes etc., drill a pilot hole using the 3mm or 4mm drill bit through the wall in all four places.
Note: although the wall plugs are self-drilling, meaning that they will drill their own hole through the plaster wall, it is better to pre-drill the holes first to ensure the wall plugs follow these pilot holes ensuring they are in the exact position required as, without the pilot hole, the wall anchor may wander when drilling into the wall meaning the screws will not align with the slots in the back of the mirror.
- Using the electric drill and the Philips screwdriver bit, position the tip of the wall anchor into the pilot hole you just drilled and then slowly screw the wall anchor all the way into the paster wall until the head of the wall anchor is flush with the wall surface.IMPORTANT: Do Not attempt to screw in any further as the plaster wall will crumble and the wall anchor will be useless for hanging.
- Repeat for the other three wall plugs.
- Using the Phillips hand screwdriver, screw in a mounting screw into the centre hole of each wall anchor leaving a gap of approximately 3 – 4mm between the underneath of the screw head and the wall surface.
Note: Do Not screw all the way in as the screw heads need to be protruding for hanging the mirror on.
- Gently pick up the mirror and with the back of the mirror facing the wall, align the four screw heads with the centre of all four slots in the back of the mirror frame, push the mirror flush against the wall and then lower the mirror so that it hooks over the screw heads.Note: You may need help from another person to do this part.
- Please confirm the mirror is hanging securely on all screws before letting go of the mirror.
Important: Only use with Power Supply Model: CW1203500AU (Output: 12Vd.c. 3.5A)
Unravel the power supply cable.
Plug in the small plug on the end of the power supply cable into the power jack located in the side of the mirror.
Note: Depending on which way you have mounted the mirror, the power jack inlet may be on the left side of the mirror towards the top.
You can mount either way depending on your preference.
Plug the power supply into the power point and switch it on.Note: Switch off and remove the power supply from the power point when not in use.
Using the Mirror Lights
On / Off
With the power supply cable plugged into the side of the mirror and the power supply plugged into the power point and switched on, press (touch) and release the On / Off Switch button on the mirror front side.
Note: Depending on which way you have mounted the mirror, the On / Off Switch button may be on the left side of the mirror.
You can mount either way depending on your preference.
- There are three types of light you can choose from Cool, Warm and Natural.
- With the lights switched on, press (touch) and release the On / Off button on the front of the mirror again to select your desired light type.
- Each press (touch) and release will cycle the light type from Cool to Warm to Natural and back around to Cool etc.
Note: If the Warm was selected and then you turn the light off, the next time you turn it on, the light type will change to Natural. Just cycle the light type around until you reach your desired setting.
Note: If during use or after changing a light globe, you notice the light globe colour is not the same as other light globes, you can reset the colours by turning off all the lights or unplugging the power supply for 30 seconds, then turn the lights back on and the lights will all reset to the same colour.
- The lights can be dimmed to your desired level whether the light type is set to Cool, Warm or Natural.
- To dim, first, turn the lights on, then Press (touch) and HOLD, the On / Off button.
- The lights will start to dim.
- At any point when the light is at the dimmed level, you desire, lift your finger off the On / Off button.
- the dim level reaches the lowest light setting, Press (touch) and HOLD, the On / Off button again and the light will brighten.
WARNING: Switch off and unplug the power supply before any maintenance or cleaning.
LED Light Replacement
- If you need to replace any of the LED lights, first switch off and unplug the power supply.
- Gently grasp the LED globe and rotate anticlockwise to unscrew the light.
- IMPORTANT: Do Not stick any foreign object or body part into the LED light socket as you may cause injury to your person or damage the product.
- Insert a new light globe into the light socket and rotate clockwise to screw the light in. Nip up but do not overtighten.
- NOTE: Replacement LED light globes can be purchased from HEG customer service. Refer to the Warranty page for the HEG customer service phone number.
LED Light Specification
- LED Bulb: 20 x MAX 2.5W plus 1 spare globe
- LED Lamp Part No.: LED E14
Cleaning the Mirror
- Do not clean the mirror or other parts with petrol, solvents or any other flammable liquid.
- Do not clean with scouring pads, rough cloths or the like as the surface will be damaged.
- Use only a very soft dry cloth to gently wipe the mirror and other parts.
- Do Not submerge the mirror or other parts in liquid.
If you are to store the mirror, store it away in a dry cool place preferably in its box. Do not wind the power supply cable tightly. Loop it loosely.
Warranty Against Defect
12 Month Warranty
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expenses incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
For all technical queries or difficulties in operating the product and for spare parts, contact H.E. Group customer service 1300 105 888 (Australia) and 09 8870 447 (New Zealand).
Documents / Resources
|anko DP352 Full Length Hollywood Mirror [pdf] Instruction Manual|
DP352, Full Length Hollywood Mirror, Hollywood Mirror, Full Length Mirror, Mirror, DP352 Hollywood Mirror