anko CCM-500L Cotton Candy Maker
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- NEVER use a scouring pad on the unit.
- NEVER leave unit unattended while in use.
- NEVER place anything other than the intended candies or sugar in the Extractor Head.
- NEVER pour water or any other liquid into the Extractor Head.
- NEVER put fingers on or near the Extractor Head or Heating Element while machine is on, nor while it is still hot.
- To protect against electric shock do not immerse the appliance, power cord and plug in water or other liquids.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from mains power outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard, or the product must be disposed of.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries or damage to property.
- The appliance is intended for household use only. Do not use outdoors or for commercial purpose. Any misuse use will void the warranty.
- This appliance is intended to be used indoors in household and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments, farmhouses, by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments, bed and breakfast type environments.
- Do not let the cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated appliance.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- For electrical safety, do not use this appliance within reach of a bath or a sink or any vessel containing water or liquids.
- Do not disconnect from the mains by pulling on the power supply cord, grasp the plug itself when removing from the mains power outlet socket.
CAUTION: For electrical safety, never use the appliance if the supply cord is damaged. It must be replaced by a qualified electrical person only or the appliance must be disposed.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
- Always operate the appliance on an even flat surface.
- To avoid the danger of fire, never leave the appliance unattended. And never use appliance near any of the inflammables, such as curtains, wall
cabinet…etc., due to risk of burning and or fire.
CAUTION: Hot surface! Care must be taken. The surfaces are liable to get hot during use.
- For details on how to clean surfaces that come in contact with food, please refer to section “Cleaning and Maintenance”.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces may be high when the appliance is operating and immediately after use.
- Do not cover any part of the appliance with metal foil. This may cause overheating of the appliance.
- Do not clean with metal scouring pads. Pieces can break off the pad and touch electrical parts, creating a risk of electric shock.
- NEVER place sugar or candies directly on the heating element as sugar is flammable and could cause a fire.
- DO NOT operate this appliance without the Extractor Head in place.
- CAUTION! Risk of burning! This appliance gets very hot during use! Never put fingers on or near the Extractor Head while the machine is ON or immediately after switching it OFF.
CAUTION: DO NOT overfill the Extractor Head by adding more than 1 spoon of sugar at a time. This will cause clogging and the candy maker will not work properly.
BEFORE FIRST USE
IMPORTANT! The appliance should not be placed on untreated wooden surfaces or surfaces that can get damaged from heat, i.e. vinyl bench top. Place the appliance on a heat-resistant surface or use a heat-resistant mat under the appliance.
- Remove all accessories and shipping materials packed inside the appliance.
- Wash all accessories in warm soapy water. Wipe the inside of the appliance with a damp cloth or sponge. Dry with paper towels to be sure the unit is dry before use.
- Place the appliance on a flat counter or another stable surface. DO NOT OPERATE THE APPLIANCE ON THE SAME POWER OUTLET WITH ANOTHER APPLIANCE.
- When operating the appliance, keep at least 10 cm of space in front and both sides of the appliance for adequate air circulation.
NOTE: The appliance may smoke or emit an odour when used for the first time. This is normal for most new heating appliances and should disappear after few minutes of use.
HOW TO OPERATE
DO NOT operate this appliance without the Extractor Head in place. NEVER place sugar or candy directly on the heating element as sugar is flammable and could cause a fire.
- First, find a stable surface near an electrical outlet before starting. Make sure the cord is away from any water source.
- Plug in unit on the OFF position.
- Turn unit to ON position and allow appliance to run for at least 10 minutes before adding sugar. This will allow the Extractor Head to heat up properly.
NOTE: Hard candy must not be used on the candy maker.
- Turn unit OFF and place no more than one spoon of flavored sugar into the Extractor Head.
- Switch to ON position.
- When you see the cotton candy web begin, collect the cotton candy on a cone by holding the cone vertically. Rotate the cone with your fingers while you circle the bowl.
- Once cotton candy has collected on the cone, hold the cone in a horizontal position over the Extractor Head while still rotating the cone with your fingers. Continue turning the cone with your fingers while the cone is in the horizontal position and move from side to side making sure to collect all the cotton candy.
- Repeat above steps by adding another spoon of sugar into the Extractor Head and starting again. The cotton candy should flow more quickly as the unit is sufficiently warm.
NOTE: DO NOT overfill the Extractor Head by adding more than 1 spoon of sugar at a time. This will cause clogging and unit will not work properly.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Make sure the unit is unplugged and cooled before cleaning.
- After cooling, remove the Extractor Head by firmly gripping both sides and pulling straight up. UNLOCK bowl by turning clockwise and lifting it up. Wash the accessories disassembled in warm water, rinse and dry.
NOTE: Accessories are not dishwasher safe.
- Use a clean, slightly damp, non-abrasive sponge or non-abrasive cloth to wipe down the outside of the unit, then wipe with a non-abrasive towel to dry.
If your cotton candy is not flossing properly or is coming out with a brittle, “Easter grass” texture, follow these instructions:
- Only add 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time.
- Make sure the sugar is level after pouring into the Extractor Head.
- The faster the Extractor Head spins, the better the result.
Voltage: 220-240V~ 50-60Hz Power: 400W
12 MONTH WARRANTY
Thank you for your purchase from Kmart.
Kmart Australia Ltd warrants your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period stated above, from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Kmart will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. Kmart will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty will no longer apply where the defect is a result of alteration, accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase and contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 124 125 (Australia) or 0800 945 995 (New Zealand) or alternatively, via Customer Help at Kmart.com.au for any difficulties with your product. Warranty claims and claims for expense incurred in returning this product can be addressed to our Customer Service Centre at 690 Springvale Rd, Mulgrave Vic 3170.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
For New Zealand customers, this warranty is in addition to statutory rights observed under New Zealand legislation.
Documents / Resources
|anko CCM-500L Cotton Candy Maker [pdf] User Manual|
CCM-500L, Cotton Candy Maker, CCM-500L Cotton Candy Maker, Candy Maker