WHAT’S IN THE BOX
YOUR EK7000 PRO
|1 Shutter/Select Button
2 Working/Wiﬁ Indicator
3 Power/Mode/Exit Button
4 Memory card Slot
5 Micro USB Port/ External Microphone
6 Micro HDMI Port
|8 Touch Screen
9 Indicator Light
10 Charging Light
11 Up Button
13 Down/Wiﬁ Button
14 Battery Door
Note: Camera does not record sound when it is in the waterproof case.
Welcome to your new EK7000 Pro. To capture video and photos, you need a memory card (sold separately). The camera supports external microphone.
Use brand name memory cards that meet these requirements:
- Class 10 or UHS-I rating
- Capacity up to 64GB (FAT32)
- When EK7000 Pro powers on for the ﬁrst time or restores factory Settings to power on, the Language selection page will pop up. Please select and set the camera system Language. You can also change the system Language in the Settings.
- Please format the memory card ﬁrst in this camera before using. To keep your memory card in good condition, reformat it on a regular basis. Reformatting erases all of your content, so be sure to oﬄoad your photos and videos ﬁrst.
- FAT32 format memory card stops recording when the storage of each ﬁle is over 4GB and starts to record again on a new ﬁle.
POWERING ON + OFF
To Power On:
Press and hold Mode button for three seconds. The camera beeps while the camera status light is on. When information appears on the display or the camera status screen, your camera is on.
To Power Oﬀ:
Press and hold the Mode button for three seconds. The camera beeps while the camera status light is oﬀ.
To Switch Mode:
Press the Mode button after you turn on the camera, you can switch the mode.
To Exit Mode:
Press the Mode button to exit mode.
TURNING ON/OFF Wiﬁ
To Turn On Wiﬁ
Turn on camera, press and hold Down button for three seconds to turn on Wiﬁ.
To Turn Oﬀ Wiﬁ
Press Down button to turn oﬀ Wiﬁ.
OVERVIEW OF MODES
There are 5 modes: Video, Photo, Burst Photo, Time Lapse Photo and Setting.
Video Mode is the default mode when you turn on the camera.
In Video Mode, press Shutter button, the camera starts recording video.
Press Shutter button to stop recording video.
Press Mode button once to switch to Photo Mode after you turn on camera.
In Photo Mode, press Shutter button, the camera takes a photo.
Burst Photo Mode
Press Mode button twice to switch to Burst Photo Mode.
In Burst Photo Mode, press Shutter button, the camera takes 3 photos per second.
Time Lapse Photo Mode
Press Mode button several times to switch to Time Lapse Photo Mode.
In Time Lapse Photo Mode, press Shutter button, the camera takes a serial of photos at 2s/3s/5s/10s/20s/30s/60s intervals.
Press Down button to switch to Setting Mode.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR EK7000 PRO
Video & Photo Setting
- Video Resolution: 1080P 60fps, 1080P 30fps, 720P 120fps, 720P 60fps, 4K 30fps, 2.7K 30fps Default setting is 1080P 60fps.
- Image Stabilization: Oﬀ / On
Default setting is Oﬀ.
This setting adjusts the footage to oﬀset for motion during capture. The result is smoother footage, especially in activities with relatively small but fast motion including cycling, motorcycling, and handheld uses.
- Loop Recording: Oﬀ/1min./3min./5min.
Default setting is oﬀ.
The ﬁles will be saved every 3 minutes if you choose 3 minutes. When the memory card is full, the new ﬁles will cover the existed one if the loop recording is on; If it is
oﬀ, the camera won’t record any more when the card is full, need to format the memory card or change a new one.
Note: Loop Recording is disabled when you select 4K 30fps or 2.7K 30fps video resolution.
- Time Lapse Video: 1S/3S/5S/10S/30S/60S
Default setting is 5S.
Time Lapse Video creates video from frames captured at speciﬁc intervals. This option lets you capture a time lapse event and immediately view or share it as a video. Time Lapse Video is captured without audio.
Note: Time Lapse Video is disabled when you select 4K 30fps or 2.7K 30fps video resolution.
- Date Stamp: Oﬀ/Date/Date&Time
Default setting is Date.
If you turn on Date Stamp, this camera adds date stamp to the photos and videos you take.
Note: This camera does not add date stamp to the videos you take if you record time lapse video or image stabilization is on.
- Exposure: -2.0, -1.7, -1.3, -1.0, -0.7, -0.3, 0.0, +0.3, +0.7, +1.0, +1.3, +1.7, +2.0.
Default setting is 0.0.
By default, your camera uses the entire image to determine the appropriate exposure level. However, Exposure lets you select an area that you want the camera to prioritize when determining exposure. This setting is particularly useful in shots where an important region might otherwise be over or underexposed. When you change this setting, the display immediately shows you the eﬀect on your image.
If you change modes, the camera returns to using the entire scene to determine the correct level of exposure.
- Photo Resolution: 20MP/16MP/14MP/12MP/8MP/5MP/4MP
Default setting is 20MP.
- Burst Photo: 3Photos
Burst captures up to 3 photos in 1 second, so it is perfect for capturing fast-moving activities.
- Time Lapse Photo: 2S/3S/5S/10S/20S/30S/60S
Default setting is 5S.
Time Lapse Photo captures a series of photos at speciﬁed intervals. Use this mode to capture photos of any activity, then choose the best ones later.
- Continuous Lapse: Oﬀ/On
Default setting is On.
Turn on Continuous Lapse, this camera takes continuous lapse photo in Time Lapse Photo. If turning oﬀ, it will take a single time-lapse photo in Time Lapse Photo.
- Special Eﬀect: Normal/B&W/Sepia/Negative/Warm/Cold/Red/Green/Blue
Default setting is Normal.
- Angle: Super Wide/Wide/Medium/Narrow
Default setting is Super Wide.
The angle refers to how much of the scene can be captured through the camera lens. Wide angle captures the largest amount of the scene, while Narrow angle captures the least.
- Diving Mode: Oﬀ/On
Default setting is Oﬀ.
Turn on Diving Mode, it can compensate for the lack of red light in underwater scenes. Diving Mode is designed to be used in tropical and blue water, optimized for use
between 10 and 80 feet.
- Microphone: Built-in/External
Default setting is Built-in.
If you select “Built-in”, the built-in microphone will work but the external microphone won’t work. If you select “External”, the external mic will work after connection, while the built-in mic won’t work.
- Power Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz/Auto
Default setting is Auto.
- Language: English/Italiano/Español/Português/Deutsch/ Dutch / Français /
Default setting is English.
- Date & Time: 10/01/2018 00:23 MM/DD/YY
Shutter: Oﬀ/On Beep: Oﬀ/On Volume: oﬀ, 0, 1, 2, 3 Start-up: Oﬀ/On Default setting is on.
You can turn on or oﬀ the shutter, boot-up, beep sounds.
- Upside Down: Oﬀ/On
Default setting is oﬀ.
This setting determines the orientation of your video or photos to help you prevent upside down footage.
- Screen Saver: Oﬀ/1min./3min./5min.
Default setting is 1 minutes.
Turns oﬀ the LCD display after a period of inactivity to save battery life. To turn on the display again, press any button on the camera.
- Power Save: Oﬀ/1min./3min./5min.
Default setting is 3 minutes.
Powers oﬀ your EK7000 Pro after a period of inactivity to save battery life.
- Format: No/Yes
Default setting is No.
To keep your memory card in good condition, reformat it on a regular basis. Reformatting erases all of your content, so be sure to oﬄoad your photos and videos ﬁrst. To reformat your card, enter Camera Setting, then scroll through the options to locate and tap “Format”, then tap “Yes”.
- Reset: No/Yes
Default setting is No.
This option resets all settings to their default values.
Model: EK7000 Pro
You can check the model and updated time of your EK7000 Pro. Please remember the version number of your camera so that you can get after-sale service if something goes wrong.
CONNCTING TO THE APP
Please download and install the AKASO GO App in App Store or Google Play ﬁrst.
The AKASO GO App lets you control your camera remotely using a smartphone or tablet. Features include camera control, live preview, playback, download and settings.
- Turn on the camera, press Power button to turn on the Wiﬁ. The Wiﬁ name and password are shown on the camera screen.
- Connect the Wiﬁ “EK7000 Pro” and enter the password on your smartphone WLAN setting.
- Open AKASO GO App, tap “+” icon on the upper right corner. Add “EK7000 Pro” and click the “Live Preview”.
- Your camera will be connected to the AKASO GO App.
OFFLOADING YOUR CONTENT
OFFLOADING YOUR CONTENT TO A COMPUTER
To play back your video and photos on a computer, you must ﬁrst transfer these ﬁles to a computer. Transferring also frees up space on your memory card for new content. To oﬄoad ﬁles to a computer using a card reader (sold separately) and your computer’s ﬁle explorer, connect the card reader to the computer, then insert the memory card. You can then transfer ﬁles to your computer or delete selected ﬁles on your card. Note that you must use a card reader to oﬄoad photos or audio ﬁles.
Oﬄoading Your Content to Smartphone
- Open the AKASO GO App. Connect the camera with the App.
- Tap Playback icon to see all the videos and photos.
- Select the photo or video you want to download and then tap the More icon at the right upper corner, and choose Download.
- If you cannot oﬄoad videos or photos to iPhone or iPad, please enter Setting → Privacy → Photos, ﬁnd “AKASO GO” and select “Read and Write”.
- iPhone and iPad do not allow you to download 4K or 2.7K video via App, please oﬄoad 4K or 2.7K videos via card reader.
PLAYING BACK YOUR CONTENT
You can playback your content on the camera’s display, your computer, TV, or smartphone/tablet.
You can also play back content by inserting the memory card directly into a device, such as a computer or compatible TV. With this method, playback resolution depends on the resolution of the device and its ability to play back that resolution.
VIEWING VIDEOS AND PHOTOS ON YOUR EK7000 Pro
- Turn on camera.
- Tap video ﬁle icon at the left corner of the screen to enter playback mode.
- Tap video ﬁle icon or photo ﬁle icon .
- Tap Forward or Backward icon to playback video or photo ﬁles.
- Tap video playback icon to playback video in full-screen view.
- To exit the video or photo ﬁles, tap return icon .
Note: If your memory card contains a lot of content, it might take a minute for it to load.
DELETING VIDEOS AND PHOTOS ON YOUR EK7000 PRO
- Enter playback mode.
- Tap video ﬁle icon or photo ﬁle icon .
- Tap Forward or Backward icon to locate the video or photo ﬁle you want to delete.
- Tap . The screen shows “Delete this ﬁle? Yes/No”.
- Tap “Yes”, the selected ﬁle will be deleted.
REFORMATTING YOUR MEMORY CARD
To keep your memory card in good condition, reformat it on a regular basis. Reformatting erases all of your content, so be sure to oﬄoad your photos and videos ﬁrst.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press Down button to enter Video & Camera Setting.
- Press Down button then Shutter button to enter Camera Setting.
- Press Down button to locate the “Format” option.
- Press Shutter button → Down button → Shutter button, the screen shows “Waiting and Completed”. Then you format your memory card successfully.
MAINTENANCE YOUR CAMERA
Follow these guidelines to get the best performance from your camera:
- For best audio performance, shake the camera or blow on the mic to remove debris from the microphone holes.
- To clean the lens, wipe it with a soft, lint-free cloth. Do not insert foreign objects around the lens.
- Don’t touch the lens with ﬁngers.
- Keep the camera away from drops and bumps, which may cause damage to the parts inside.
- Keep the camera away from high temperature and strong sunshine to avoid being damaged.
MAXIMIZING BATTERY LIFE
A message appears on the touch display if the battery drops below 10%. If the battery reaches 0% while recording, the camera saves the ﬁle and powers oﬀ.
To maximize battery life, follow these guidelines when possible:
- Turn oﬀ Wireless Connections
- Capture video at lower frame rates and resolutions
- Use Screen Saver setting.
BATTERY STORAGE AND HANDLING
The camera contains sensitive components, including the battery. Avoid exposing your camera to very cold or very hot temperatures. Low or high temperature conditions may temporarily shorten the battery life or cause the camera to temporarily stop working properly. Avoid dramatic changes in temperature or humidity when using the camera, as condensation may form on or within the camera.
Do not dry the camera or battery with an external heat source such as a microwave oven or hair dryer. Damage to the camera or battery caused by contact with liquid inside the camera is not covered under the warranty.
Do not store your battery with metal objects, such as coins, keys or necklaces. If the battery terminals come in contact with metal objects, this may cause a ﬁre.
Do not make any unauthorized alterations to the camera. Doing so may compromise safety, regulatory compliance, performance, and may void the warranty.
WARNING: Do not drop, disassemble, open, crush, bend, deform, puncture, shred, microwave, incinerate or paint the camera or battery. Do not insert foreign objects into the battery opening on the camera. Do not use the camera or the battery if it has been damaged for example, if cracked, punctured or harmed by water. Disassembling or puncturing the battery can cause an explosion or ﬁre.
To record Video, verify the camera is in Video mode.
To start recording:
Press the Grey Video Button. The camera will emit one beep and the camera light will ﬂash while recording.
To stop recording:
Press the Grey Video Button again. The camera will emit one beep and the camera light will stop ﬂashing while recording.
To capture a photo, verify the camera is in Photo mode.
To take a photo:
Press the Red Photo Button. The camera will emit a camera shutter sound.
CR2032 BATTERY REPLACEMENT FOR EK7000 PRO REMOTE
- Use a 1.8mm Phillips tip screwdriver to remove the 4 screws on the back cover of the remote, allowing you to open it.
- Remove another 4 screws on PCB board.
- Lift the PCB board and slide out the battery, as shown in the picture.
Note: Do NOT rotate the PCB board to avoid reversing the camera and video button functions.
- Install the new battery, keeping the “+” pole facing up.
- Install all 4 screws back onto the PCB board.
- Install all 4 screws back into the cover.
MOUNTING YOUR CAMERA
Attach your camera to helmets, gear and equipment.
For any inquiries about AKASO products, please feel free to contact us. We will respond within 24 hours.
Documents / Resources
|AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera with Touch Screen [pdf] User Manual|
EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera with Touch Screen, EK7000 Pro, 4K Action Camera with Touch Screen, Camera with Touch Screen, Touch Screen, Screen