AFFINITY Stone Veneer Panel Installation Guide
Affinity Stone panels make installation simple, without mortar, and without hassle. The ease of installation and impeccable results make Affinity a must for your next building project. Our easy-fit stone panels interlock for a smooth, secure fit.
Affinity Stone Components
- Starter Strip – 4” x 96”
- Wainscot Cap 23.5 x 2.75”
- Flat Affinity Stone Panel
- Wainscot Cap (Fastening strip on bottom)
- Corner Affinity Stone Panel
You will need a level, chalk line, screw gun, masonry saw, dead blow hammer, straight edge, hammer, and safety equipment.
Affinity Stone Panels have been engineered with a built-in rain screen system. House wrap is required behind our product for exterior applications.
Be sure to check with local building codes before beginning.
Be sure to use a minimum of 2 screws per panel, 1 into framing member.
Standard framed wall
- Use 1/2” plywood or 7/16” OSB
- Use corrosion resistant self tapping wood screws
Use corrosion resistant self tapping concrete screws into pre-drilled holes
Installing the Starter Strip
- Mark a horizontal and level line 4 ¼ inches above the desired height of the bottom of the stone. (Be sure to check local building codes for clearances required) This line marks the top of the starter strip.
- Screw the starter strip into place. Place screws every 8 inches to minimize movement of the starter strip. Leave ½” in between each starter strip to allow for expansion/ contraction. Apply a building cladding tape over the top of the starter strip.
Installing Affinity Stone Panels
- Affinity Stone panels require two screws per panel, one of which is required to be into framing.
- Due to the orientation of the panel, it is easiest to install from right to left whenever possible.
- Place the first panel into the starter strip and mark the wall at the top of the concrete panel. (Do not mark at the top of the plastic frame)
- Remove that panel and use a laser or snap a chalk line on that mark across the wall.
- Install the first course, ensuring that the top of the concrete panel is aligned with the line marked on the wall in step 4.
- DO NOT attempt to align the plastic or rely on the starter strip for final panel placement.
- Be sure each panel is level and aligned to the top of the panel adjacent to it. A long straight edge may be helpful to ensure placement.
- Take your time with the first course – the rest of the wall will be affected by this course.
- Begin the second course by cutting a panel in half to offset the vertical alignment of the panels. This technique will provide a more natural appearance on the wall.
- As each course is installed, ensure the flange of each panel has been installed in the groove of the panel below and the vertical edges are in contact with the adjacent panel.
The Last Course
- Cut the last course to height minus ¼” to allow working room for installation.
- Install the last two courses at the same time so that you can slide the top course in with ease.
- Once the top panel is in place, pre-drill and countersink a hole through the panel. Screw a fastener into the panel but do not over tighten as you can crack the panel.
- Cover the hole with similar colored caulking or sealant.
To ensure maximum potential of the look of natural stone, cut the first panel of every other course in half.
PREMIUM QUALITY SIMPLE INSTALLATION IMPECCABLE RESULTS
Manufactured by Stone Creek Products, LLC
366 E SR 133, Arthur, IL, 61911
Documents / Resources