Bathroom Scale AD 8157
Important Instructions On Safety Of Use
Please Read Carefully And Keep For Future Reference
- Before using this appliance read the user’s manual and follow the instructions for use. The manufacturer shall not be held reliable for damage caused by misuse or improper operation of the appliance.
- This appliance is intended for household use only. Do not use it for purposes other than the intended one.
- Take special care when using the appliance near children. Do not allow children to use the appliance as a toy. Do not allow children or other person not familiarized with the appliance to operate it.
- WARNING: This appliance is not intended for use by children under the age of 8 or persons with reduced physical or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge of the equipment, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the equipment and the related hazards. Children should not play with the equipment. The equipment must not be cleaned or maintained by the children if not supervised.
- To avoid danger of suffocation keep the bag away from babies and children. Do not use the bag in cribs, beds, carriages or play pens. It is not a toy. Knot before throwing away.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid. Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquid. Do not expose the appliance to weather conditions (rain, sunlight etc.).
- Do not operate any appliance if damaged or malfunctioning in any manner. Do not try to repair the appliance yourself. Return the appliance to a service centre for examination or repair. Any repairs can be carried out by an authorized service facility only. If repaired improperly the appliance can pose serious danger to the user.
- Put the appliance on a cold, stable and even surface away from kitchen appliances such an electric cooker, gas burner etc
- Do not operate the appliance near inflammable materials.
- Do not use the appliance near water e.g. under the shower, in a bathtub or above a washbasin with water inside.
- Batteries may leak if empty or not used for a longer time. In order to protect you and the appliance, please remove batteries in a timely manner and avoid skin contact while handling leaking batteries.
- Always turn the appliance off when putting it away.
- Use the appliance on a stable and flat floor only.
- Keep the appliance away from strong electromagnetic fields.
- Make sure the surface the appliance is used on is not wet or slippery.
- Take care not to drop heavy objects on the display or the glass part of the scale.
- DO NOT hit, DO NOT shake and DO NOT drop the scale.
- Stand still on the scale during the whole weighing time.
EPLACING THE BATTERY
Remove the lid of the battery compartment at the bottom of the scale (4). Remove the old battery. Insert the new battery of the right type. Close the lid of the battery compartment.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Open the battery compartment. Remove the insulation foil from the battery. Close the lid of the battery compartment.
SELECTING UNITS OF MEASURE
Press the button for changing the measure units (2) at the bottom of the scale.
The metric system will change to UK or vice versa. The display will show the current unit.
STEP 1. Place the scale on hard and flat surface (avoid carpets and soft surfaces).
STEP 2. Press the scale, the device will switch on automatically. Wait until the display shows “0”.
STEP 3. Softly step on the scale. Stand evenly on the scale, and do not move until your weight indication on the display will not change and will be locked.
AUTOMATIC SWITCH OFF
When you step off the scale the device will switch off automatically. The scale switches off automatically when the display shows “0.0” or the same weight indication for 20 seconds.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
– Gently wipe the scale with a dry or slightly damp cloth.
a – low battery
b – excessive scale load
Power: CR2032 3V battery
Capacity: 150 kg/330lb
To protect your environment: please separate carton boxes and plastic bags and dispose them in corresponding waste bins. Used appliance should be delivered to the dedicated collecting points due to hazarsous components, which may effect the environment. Do not dispose this appliance in the common waste bin.
Documents / Resources
|ADLER AD 8157 Bathroom Scale [pdf] User Manual|
AD 8157, Bathroom Scale