LG ThinQ Smartphone
Using LG ThinQ Application
Things to check before using LG ThinQ For appliances with the or ThinQ logo
- Check the distance between the appliance and the wireless router (Wi-Fi network).
If the distance between the appliance and the wireless router is too far, the signal strength becomes weak. It may take a long time to register or installation may fail..
- Turn off the Mobile data or Cellular Data on your smartphone.
- Connect your smartphone to the wireless router.
- To verify the Wi-Fi connection, check that Wi-Fi icon on the control panel is lit.
- The appliance supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks only. To check your network frequency, contact your Internet service provider or refer to your wireless router manual.
- LG ThinQ is not responsible for any network connection problems or any faults, malfunctions, or errors caused by network connection.
- If the appliance is having trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi network, it may be too far from the router. Purchase a Wi-Fi repeater (range extender) to improve the Wi-Fi signal strength.
- The Wi-Fi connection may not connect or may be interrupted because of the home network environment.
- The network connection may not work properly depending on the Internet service provider.
- The surrounding wireless environment can make the wireless network service run slowly.
- The appliance cannot be registered due to problems with the wireless signal transmission. Unplug the appliance and wait about a minute before trying again.
- If the firewall on your wireless router is enabled, disable the firewall or add an exception to it.
- The wireless network name (SSID) should be a combination of English letters and numbers.(Do not use special characters.)
- Smartphone user interface (UI) may vary depending on the mobile operating system (OS) and the manufacturer.
- If the security protocol of the router is set to WEP, you may fail to set up the network. Please change it to other security protocols (WPA2 is recommended) and register the product again.
Installing LG ThinQ
Search for the LG ThinQ application from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on a smart phone. Follow instructions to download and install the application.
- For appliances with the or ThinQ logo Communicate with the appliance from a smart phone using the convenient smart features.
If you use the Smart Diagnosis function, you will be provided with the useful information such as a correct way of using the appliance based on the pattern of use.
Allows you to set various options on the appliance and in the application.
- If you change your wireless router, Internet service provider, or password, delete the registered appliance from the LG ThinQ application and register it again.
- The application is subject to change for appliance improvement purposes without notice to users.
- Functions may vary by model.
Open Source Software Notice
To obtain the source code under GPL, LGPL, MPL, and other open source licenses, that is contained in this product, please visit http://opensource.lge.com.
In addition to the source code, all referred license terms, warranty disclaimers and copyright notices are available for download.
LG Electronics will also provide open source code to you on CD-ROM for a charge covering the cost of performing such distribution (such as the cost of media, shipping, and handling) upon email request to [email protected] This offer is valid for a period of three years after our last shipment of this product. This offer is valid to anyone in receipt of this information.
Smart Diagnosis™ Using a Smart Phone
- For appliances with the or Use this function if you need an accurate diagnosis by an LG Electronics customer information centre when the appliance malfunctions or fails.
Smart Diagnosis™ can not be activated unless the appliance is connected to power. If the appliance is unable to turn on, then troubleshooting must be done without using Smart Diagnosis™.
Be sure to keep ambient noise to a minimum or the phone may not correctly receive the buzzer beeps from the indoor unit.
This product has a built-in self-diagnosis function. If an error occurs, the lamp of the indoor unit will blink in 2 second intervals. If this occurs, contact your local dealer or service center.
Before Calling for Service
Please check the following before you contact the service center. If the problem persists, contact your local service center.
|Problem||Possible Causes & Corrective Action|
Your home appliance and smartphone is not connected to the Wi-Fi network.
|The password for the Wi-Fi that you are trying to connect to is incorrect.
· Find the Wi-Fi network connected to your smartphone and remove it, then register your appliance on LG ThinQ.
|Mobile data for your smartphone is turned on.
· Turn off the Mobile data of your smartphone and register the appliance using the Wi-Fi network.
|The wireless network name (SSID) is set incorrectly.
· The wireless network name (SSID) should be a combination of English letters and numbers. (Do not use special characters.)
|The router frequency is not 2.4 GHz.
· Only a 2.4 GHz router frequency is supported. Set the wireless router to
2.4 GHz and connect the appliance to the wireless router. To check the router frequency, check with your Internet service provider or the router manufacturer.
|The distance between the appliance and the router is too far.
· If the distance between the appliance and the router is too far, the signal may be weak and the connection may not be configured correctly. Move the location of the router so that it is closer to the appliance.
NOTE: Some functions may not be supported, depending on the model.
Documents / Resources
|LG ThinQ Smartphone [pdf] Owner's Manual|