LG MR21GC Magic Remote Owner’s Manual
LG MR21GC Magic Remote Owner’s Manual
Please read this manual carefully before using your remote and retain it for future reference.
Contents in this manual may be changed without prior notice due to upgrade of product functions.
Copyright © 2021 LG Electronics Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2021 LG Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Magic Remote and Alkaline Batteries (AA)
- Owner’s manual
- Press the top of the battery cover, slide it back, and lift the cover as shown below.
- To replace batteries, open the battery cover, replace alkaline batteries (1.5 V, AA) matching + and – ends to the label inside the compartment, and close the battery cover. Be sure to point the remote control at the remote control sensor on the TV.
- To remove the batteries, perform the installation actions in reverse. Don’t mix old or used batteries with new ones. Close the cover securely.
- Failure to match the correct polarities of the battery may cause the battery to burst or leak, resulting in fire, personal injury, or ambient pollution.
- Open the battery cover to find the label.
Register/Unregister the Magic Remote
- Turn on the TV and press theWheel(OK) on the Magic remote for registration.
- Press and hold the (Home) button and (Back) button together for more than 5 seconds to disconnect the Magic Remote.
- Press and hold the (Home) button and (Q. Settings) button together for more than 5 seconds to disconnect and re-register the Magic Remote at the same time.
|(Power) Turns the TV on or off.
Number buttons Enter numbers.
9** Accesses the [Quick Help].
-(Dash) Inserts a (DASH) between numbers such as 2-1 and 2-2.
Accesses the saved channels or programs list.
Guide Accesses the [Guide]
Quick Access** Accesses the [Edit Quick Access].
[Edit Quick Access] is a feature that allows you to enter a specified app or Live TV directly by pressing and holding the number buttons.
…(More Actions) Displays more remote control functions.
Video/audio descriptions function will be enabled. (Depending on the country) SAP (Secondary Audio Program) feature can also be enabled by pressing the… button. (Depending on the country)
+-(Vol) Adjusts the volume level.
(Mute) Mutes all sounds.
(Mute) Accesses the [Accessibility] menu.
∧∨(Ch/P) Scroll through the saved channels or programs.
(Home) Accesses the Home menu.
(Home) Launches the last used apps.
(Voice recognition) A network connection is required to use the voice recognition function.
Check for recommended content. (Some recommended services may not be available in some countries.)
(Voice recognition) Speak while pressing and holding the button to use the voice recognition feature.
**To use the button, press and hold for more than 1 second.
(Input) Changes the input source.
(Input) Accesses the [Home Dashboard].
Wheel (OK) Press the center of the Wheel (OK) button to select a menu.
You can change channels or programs by using the
**Wheel (OK) button. Wheel (OK) Access the [Magic Explorer]. You can run the [Magic Explorer] feature when the pointer color is changed to purple. If watching a program, press and hold down the pointer onto the video. When using [TV Guide], [Settings], [Sports Alert], or [Art Gallery], press and hold down on the text.
Press the up, down, left, or right button to scroll the menu.
If you press buttons while the pointer is in use, the pointer will disappear from the screen and the Magic Remote will operate like a general remote control.
To display the pointer on the screen again, shake the Magic Remote to the left and right.
(Back) Returns to the previous screen.
(Back) Clears on-screen displays and returns to last input viewing.
(Q. Settings) Accesses the Quick Settings.
(Q. Settings) Displays the [All Settings] menu.
These access special functions in some menus.
: Runs the record function. (Depending on the country)
Streaming Service buttons Connect to the Video Streaming Service.
? (User Guide) Accesses the [User Guide]. (Depending On Country)
(Home dashboard) Accesses the [Home Dashboard]. (Depending On Country)
Accesses your favorite channel list. (Depending On Country)
(Control buttons) Controls media content. (Depending On Country)
- The remote control image shown may differ from the actual product.
- The order of the description may differ from the actual product.
- Some buttons and services may not be provided depending on models or regions.
Connecting Smart Devices using NFC Tagging
Using the NFC Feature
NFC is a technology that uses Near Field Communication, allowing you to conveniently send and receive information without separate settings.
By bringing a smart device near the NFC-enabled remote control, you can install the LG ThinQ app and connect the device to the TV.
- Turn on NFC in the smart device’s settings. To use NFC with Android devices, set the NFC option to enable ‘read/write tags’ in the smart device’s settings. The NFC settings may vary depending on the device.
- Bring the smart device near the (NFC) on the remote control. The required distance for NFC tagging is about 1 cm.
- Follow the instructions to install the LG ThinQ app on your smart device.
- Retagging the smart device to the remote control allows you to conveniently access various features on the connected TV through the LG ThinQ app.
• This feature is available for NFC-enabled smart devices only.
• This feature is only available if the remote control has an NFC logo.
Precautions To Take
- Use the remote control within the specified range (within 10 m).
You may experience communication failures when using the device outside the coverage area or if there are obstacles within the coverage area.
- You may experience communication failures depending on the accessories.
Devices such as a microwave oven and wireless LAN operate in the same frequency band (2.4 GHz) as the Magic Remote. This may cause communication failures.
- The Magic Remote may not work properly if a wireless router (AP) is within 0.2 m of the TV. Your wireless router should be more than 0.2 m away from the TV.
- Do not disassemble or heat the batteries.
- Do not drop the battery. Avoid extreme shocks to the battery.
- Do not immerse the batteries in water.
- Caution: Risk of fire or explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type
- Properly dispose of used batteries.
- Inserting a battery in the wrong way may result in an explosion.
|Range of frequency||2.400 GHz to 2.4835 GHz|
|Output Power (Max.)||8 dBm|
|Power source||AA 1.5 V, 2 alkaline batteries are used|
|Operational temperature range||0 °C to 40 °C|
Supported LG TVs
• 2021 TVs
(Please verify whether TV Bluetooth is available)
* Not all models listed are supported in all countries.
* Models listed are subject to change without prior notice.
This model is compatible with:
2021: OLED A1, B1, G1, C1, Z1, R1; QNED 90, 91,95, 97, 99; Series Nano (Nano***P*) 75, 80, 81, 85, 86, 88, 90, 91, 96, 99; UP70**, UP71** (only in some countries) UP75**, UP76**, UP8***, UP9*** 2020: CX, BX, GX, WX, ZX, Series Nano all models Nano 80, 81, 86, 90, 91, 95, 99, UN70**, UN…
Please press the (Home) button and hold it for 10 seconds.
Please press the Wheel(OK) on the Magic remote for 5 seconds.
Please refer to the User Manual of your TV.
Pairing is required when you want to use Bluetooth function. You can search devices by Bluetooth function in advance. If you want to connect a new device, please search and pair the devices as below.
Yes, this remote is compatible with UP7670 models.
Yes, this model Magic Remote control #AN-MRGC will work with the UP7000 TV.
The LG person says the UP7000 doesn’t have Bluetooth but mine appears to have Bluetooth capabilities. Also at first startup, my 65UP7000 asked to press the scroll wheel on the magic remote or enter button on the regular. It came with the regular but the TV sure thinks it can use a magic remote.
Yes, the Magic Remote control #AN-MR21GC does have a pointer and voice recognition.
Yes, this remote will work with your TV.
No, this is a 2021 remote and only supports 2021 models.
Yes, the #AN-MR21GC Magic Remote control will work with the 55UP7000PUA TV.
This remote will work with OLED65C1PUB and is an LG original part.
Model 75UP7070PUD does not have Bluetooth connectivity to support a Magic Remote.
Yes, this remote is compatible with model UN7300AUD.
Documents / Resources
|LG MR21GC Magic Remote [pdf] Owner's Manual|
Magic Remote, MR21GC