LGWADREW81013 Pedestal Washer and Dryer Set
IMPORTANT: Read and follow these instructions.
The installer must have electrical and mechanical training and acceptable knowledge in the required work.
Safety is foremost—both your own and that of other people. Many important safety instructions are provided in this instruction and your appliance. Always read and observe all safety instructions.
Excessive Weight Hazard
- Two or more people may be needed to install and move the appliance and pedestal assembly.
- Do not allow children to play on the drawer.
- Do not step on the handle.
- A firm, solid floor is even more critical to a front-loading washer than to a top-loader. If your floor is wooden and /or frame construction, you may need to reinforce it. Front-loaders have substantially faster spin speed than top-loaders, causing greater vibration. If the floor is not solid, your washer will vibrate.
- If a drip pan must be used, takeextra care to follow the instructions provided with the drippan and make sure the levelingfeet are adjusted for firm and even contact with the pan. Use of drip pans and failure to properly level the machine may result in increased vibration and noise during operation.
- Remove pedestal,installation hardware, and instructions from the shipping carton.
- Before installing the pedestal, remove foreign objects on the floor clean the floor. Dust, water, oil, detergent and so on could cause vibration due to bad contact of legs with floor.
- Level the pedestal on the clean place by adjusting the feet.NOTE: Do not extend the legs no more than necessary to level the washer. The more the legs are extended, the more the washer will vibrate. After the washer is leveled, tighten the lock nuts up toward the base of the washer using the wrench. All four lock nuts should be tightened. Position the washer/combo on top of the pedestal.
- NOTE Because of the weight of the washer/combo, two or more people may be needed.
If the washer or combo was previously installed, unplug it, disconnect the inlet hose (s)from the faucet (s), disconnect the drain hose, and drain all hoses.
- Level the washer/combo on the pedestal by adjusting the feet.
- Make sure the holes on the pedestal align with the holes in the appliance, then install 4 screws at each corner to securely attach the appliance to the pedestal.
If the screws are not installed properly, noise and vibration may result.
For WASHER: 16 SCREWS
For DRYER: 8 SCREWS
- Move the washer/combo to the desired place.
The appliance and pedestal assembly must be placed on a solid and level floor for proper operation. Adjust the legs of the appliance and pedestal by turning with a wrench. Then, adjust the lock nut toward the pedestal while holding the pedestal leg using a wrench.NOTE
When pushing down the edges of the washing machine top plate diagonally, the machine should not move up and down at all.(Please check both directions.) If the machine rocks when pushing the machine top plate diagonally, adjust the feet again.NOTE
To make sure that the washer is properly level, run the washer with a test load: place approximately 6 pounds of laundry in the machine. Then press POWER, press RINSE+SPIN, and then press the START/PAUSE button. See the following sections for additional information on cycle selection and operation. Verify that the washer does not rock or vibrate excessively during the spin cycle. If the washer vibrates or shakes, adjust the leveling feet until the washer is stable and retest.
LG Electronics Inc., Will repair or at its option replace, without charge, your product if it proves to be defective material or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period set forth below, effective from the date of original consumer purchase of the product. This limited warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product and effective only when used in the United states including Alaska, Hawail, and U.S. Territories; and Canada.
WARRANTY PERIOD: 1Year from the Date of Purchase.
HOW SERVICE IS HANDLED: Call 1-800-243-0000 (USA) or 1-888-LGCANADA and choose the appropriate prompt. Please have product type, model number, serial number, and ZIP code ready.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE EXTENT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY IS REQUIRED BY LAW, IT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD ABOVE. LG WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUSE OR PROFITS, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- Service trips to your home to deliver, pick up, and/or install the product, instruct, or replace house fuses or correct wiring, or correction of unauthorized repairs; and
- Damages or operating problems that result from misuse, abuse, operation outside environmental specifications or contrary to the requirements or precautions in the Operating Guide, accident, vermin, fire, flood, improper installation, acts of God, unauthorized modification or alteration, incorrect electrical current or voltage, or commercial use, or use for other than intended purpose.
- Therefore, the cost of repair or replacement of such a defective product shall be borne by the consumer.
CUSTOMER INTER-ACTIVE CENTER NUMBERS:
To Prove Warranty Coverage
Retain your Sales Receipt to prove date of purchase.
A copy of your Sales Receipt must be submitted at the time warranty service is provided.
|To Obtain Nearest Authorized Service Center or Sales Dealer, or to Obtain Product,Customer, or Service Assistance||Call 1-800-243-0000 or 1-888-LGCANADA and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu, and have your product type, model number,
serial number, and ZIP Code; or visit our website at
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. (USA only)
Documents / Resources
|LG LGWADREW81013 Pedestal Washer and Dryer Set [pdf] Instruction Manual|
LGWADREW81013, Pedestal Washer and Dryer Set